Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Where did my comment go?

Brianf1977Brianf1977 MichiganMember Posts: 8
i posted yesterday and now it’s gone, I must have missed something along the way here. No message or anything? Just deleted my comment?

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    edited November 2018
    You've only posted 2 messages so far, apparently - the message above, and a message in the "Lego Overwatch - any good?" thread.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,652
    Sometimes if your comment is in the middle of auto-saving when you hit 'Post' it won't actually post and remains a draft. Perhaps that is what happened to the comment you are thinking of.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,730
    Does this have anything to do with LEGO collecting?
    SprinkleOtter
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    Tell us what it was and we'll tell you why it was nuked. 
    SprinkleOtter
  • Brianf1977Brianf1977 MichiganMember Posts: 8
    edited November 2018
    You've only posted 2 messages so far, apparently - the message above, and a message in the "Lego Overwatch - any good?" thread.
    I did not post in the LEGO overwatch thread as I never even knew that thread was there. I’d guess that my post was “moved” there. SumoLego said:
    Does this have anything to do with LEGO collecting?
    As my original post was in this section  I posted this one in this section as well.....as for if it belongs here I think it did so I posted and as I see now I’ve been moved yet again. 

Why when its moved over are you not notified of the move??
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,233
    I did not post in the LEGO overwatch thread as I never even knew that thread was there. I’d guess that my post was “moved” there. 
    Yes - I'm sure that's what happened.

The onus is on members to check whether there's a relevant pre-existing thread before starting a new one, and staff may merge threads if people start a new one that isn't needed. Unfortunately no notification is sent if threads are merged, but if you lose track of a message you can always click on your name and then on 'discussions' or 'comments' to see what you've posted (and where!).
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,390
    I moved it to the Overwatch discussion, as is customary when new threads are started that overlap with existing ones.
    SumoLegostluxSprinkleOtter
  • Brianf1977Brianf1977 MichiganMember Posts: 8
    Huw said:
    I moved it to the Overwatch discussion, as is customary when new threads are started that overlap with existing ones.
    I guess I didn’t see me asking about backorders being the same as asking if the sets are any good or not, I had a specific question not a general in your opinion was it good or not. 

But since you you are the one that moved it maybe you can ask why there is no notification that it was moved? I had no idea what happened and it was moved to a three week dead thread. 
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,388
    Ooh touchy...
    SumoLegomadforLEGOBaby_YodaSprinkleOttersid3windr
    Bah, three weeks is surely not dead. 

Three years - now that'd be dead!  (Reviving something that old will get you an honorary place in the Zombie Thread Resurrection Society.)
    gmonkey76Baby_YodastluxMr_CrossSprinkleOttersid3windr
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 349
    October 25th to November 4th - since when is that 3 weeks?!
    Baby_Yoda560HeliportSprinkleOtter
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,249
    Huw said:
    I guess I didn’t see me asking about backorders being the same as asking if the sets are any good or not, I had a specific question not a general in your opinion was it good or not. 

But since you you are the one that moved it maybe you can ask why there is no notification that it was moved? I had no idea what happened and it was moved to a three week dead thread. 
    If you are concerned about where your comments have been moved to in the future, you can just click on your username and click "comments" underneath your user photo. From there it'll lead you to the discussion it has now been placed in.

Expecting moderation to notify us every time they try and consolidate threads to keep the forum organized is perhaps asking a little too much when it doesn't take much work to figure it out ourselves.
    stluxMr_CrossSprinkleOttersid3windr
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    To be fair, most forums have automatic notifications if threads are moved/deleted/merged etc.
    sid3windr
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,312
    Any chance that is a feature of Vanilla Forums that could simply be switched on?
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,171
    Bah, no thread of mine truly dies. They merely slumber until the world once again grows ignorant of their existence, when they once again unleash their wrath on the innocent and guilty alike...
    560HeliportdatsunrobbieterfstenLuLegoSprinkleOtter
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,312
    Baby_Yoda said:
    Bah, no thread of mine truly dies. They merely slumber until the world once again grows ignorant of their existence, when they once again unleash their wrath on the innocent and guilty alike...
    So, Threadzilla, basically.
    SprinkleOttersid3windr
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,634
    edited November 2018
    Hang on if posts are moved to the appropriate place how come I keep reading about sausages outside of the sausages thread? :)
    gmonkey76sid3windr
    Sausages are ubiquitous.
    gmonkey76
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 687
    I just want to know "where have all the cowboys gone".  Not that I'm quoting a song.  Not that the title of this thread makes me think of a certain song.  #wherehaveallthepaulacolegone
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    edited November 2018
    jmeninno said:
    I just want to know "where have all the cowboys gone".
    Where is my Rapid River Valley?
    Where is my LEGO song?
    Where is my Fort Legorado?
    Where have all the cowboys gone?
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,033
    ^ here is some for you @SumoLego: