Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Parts in collection

ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts.Member Posts: 191
I've been sorting as of late, and would love to see a 'part' tab in my collection, so I can see what parts I have,(or should) have. How hard would that be to add? Is there an easy page for this, already?

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    If you click on the my sets tabs on the home page, scroll to the bottom and on the left is a link to the parts you own. I believe that's what you're looking for. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,067
    ^ Do you need to turn on the Advanced Collection Manager for that, because I don’t see it under My Sets.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    The setting is in your profile/general site preferences: https://brickset.com/profile/preferences

Astrobricks
    Huw said:
    The setting is in your profile/general site preferences: https://brickset.com/profile/preferences
    Thanks @Huw. I’ve turned that on, but it says “You own 0 parts, 0 different” even after several page reloads. I also tried updating my minifig collection just to see if that helped - no luck.
    Huw said:
    Thanks @Huw. I’ve turned that on, but it says “You own 0 parts, 0 different” even after several page reloads. I also tried updating my minifig collection just to see if that helped - no luck.
    Ok, it finally showed up. Not sure what the delay was about.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    It calculates every time you start a new session. I guess it should also do so when you tick that box.
    Astrobricks
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts.Member Posts: 191
    Thank you all! I guess it's populating! How long does that take?
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 388
    edited October 2018
    Huw said:

How did I not know about this (I probably need to read the faqs more closely!)? Now switched on - thanks :)
    Modeltrainman
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts.Member Posts: 191
    @Huw This little setting make s Brickset SO much more useful to me, THANK YOU for letting me know of it! Like Olaf and his nose in Frozen, "I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!" ;)
    Huw
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 585
    A great feature that I never knew existed.

Also made me realise just how much stuff I have on my build pile! Saw that I owned over 180 of part #18654 in DBG even though I barely remember seeing more than a handful of them while building anything.  When checking to see what sets I owned that contained the part, I've only actually built 5 of 17 sets; accounting for only 14 of them.  No wonder I don't remember seeing many :)

Must build more

Astrobricks
    dmcc0 said:
    A great feature that I never knew existed.

Also made me realise just how much stuff I have on my build pile! Saw that I owned over 180 of part #18654 in DBG even though I barely remember seeing more than a handful of them while building anything.  When checking to see what sets I owned that contained the part, I've only actually built 5 of 17 sets; accounting for only 14 of them.  No wonder I don't remember seeing many :)

Must build more

I had the same revelation. “Oh, that’s an interesting part! What? I own 33 of them?”