A completed theme!

2»

Comments

• pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 529
    Baby_Yoda said:
    AllBrick said:
    I just need HE and I will have all the main MF theme sets.
    Is there a prize for decoding your message? :) I've spent about ten minutes browsing themes and sets and can't fathom those acronyms. I've failed as a Lego fan...
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggled... I figured I was just not up on all of the current AFOL acronyms.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 617
    ^On mobile typing HH could auto-correct to HE depending on his settings
    AllBrickLittleLori
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    The closest I get is LOTR with 57% but I'm not a completionist at all, so that doesn't surprise me. Marvel is at nearly 50% and the most out of whack theme is Star Wars, where those sets comprise my 2nd most owned theme, but I only have about 7% of all the sets.

The worrying stat is the value in £ at the end of each row!
    dmcc0Baby_Yoda
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 435
    MaffyD said:
    The closest I get is LOTR with 57% but I'm not a completionist at all, so that doesn't surprise me. Marvel is at nearly 50% and the most out of whack theme is Star Wars, where those sets comprise my 2nd most owned theme, but I only have about 7% of all the sets.

The £ value is something I definitely need to keep from the wife!
    MaffyD
    Its OK, my next highest % of completion after LotR is Ideas which sits at 26%... hahaha

I do find these stats more interesting though:

What makes it especially interesting is that I don't own all that many Star Wars sets, but what I do have is pretty high piece count/value.
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 69
    Where is everyone getting the stats of theme % from? Brickset? I had a look through and couldn’t see such a chart but will look further if I know it’s here!
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    Ahem.... excuse my code and my error which made it slightly tougher to decipher.

MF is indeed Monster Fighters and HE should have been HH meaning Haunted House.

Incidentally, if anyone has a HH at a humane price I may be interested.
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,567
    @WhiteDove, go to the Brickset home page, then My Sets -> Overview of Your Collection -> Analysis (table). You can sort the table various ways from there. 

Although not listed on the table, the most complete theme I have is the WV Creator subtheme. Just missing a few of the GWP sets or other minor vignettes to be fully there.  
    LittleLori
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 400
    In terms of actual themes the closest I have is Lord of the Rings at 71%. My Ideas total was similar but has plummeted over the past year as I’ve not really been interested in any of the recent sets...
    PeteM said:
    In terms of actual themes the closest I have is Lord of the Rings at 71%. My Ideas total was similar but has plummeted over the past year as I’ve not really been interested in any of the recent sets...
    Almost completely unrelated, but your avatar and location got me thinking again on how much I would love for LEGO to make some more Doctor Who stuff! I loved the Ideas set and bought all the Dimensions items, but I'm really wanting more. I may resort to some of the custom figures for at least a few of the other Doctors in any case. Has anyone had any experience with any particular brands of custom figures that were particularly good?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,567
    ^Hey, as the original poster, you're not allowed to derail your own thread! That's clearly a job for @Pitfall69
    560Heliportgmonkey76pxchrisLittleLoriBaby_Yodasid3windr
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 896
    MaffyD said:

My Marvel theme is almost same as yours, at exactly 50%. My Star Wars owned figure up till last year was about 1/3 of all the sets, but now dropped to 23%. 
    MaffyD
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 487
    My Ghostbusters and Simpsons are at 100%
    My CMFs are at 99% (no Mr Gold)
    The Lego Movie at 91% (missing #30281#70806 (not for want of trying to get it))
    Toy Story at 86% (missing #7599 & #30071)
    Brickheadz at 75%
  • Captain_EyebrowCaptain_Eyebrow Test Valley, looking at that new brand store that is coming to Southampton by Christmas 2019 . . . .Member Posts: 137
    I can only claim Ghostbusters and the Winter Village Sub theme, nothing else comes close on the set analysis tool!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,215
    Could also be an autocorrect, if I type hh on my phone it suggests he as an option
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    edited October 2018
    Shib said:
    Could also be an autocorrect, if I type hh on my phone it suggests he as an option
    Everyone likes to blame autocorrect, but if people would just reread and fix their comments before posting them, it sure would clear up some confusion.
    sid3windroldtodd33
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,459
    Shib said:
    Everyone likes to blame autocorrect, but if people would just reread and fix their comments before posting them, it sure would clear up some confusion.
    It's the internet. Almost every article I read on MSN has errors in grammar and/or spelling. Most of their contributors cannot even cut and paste an article from another source without screwing it up. 
    sid3windrSumoLegogmonkey76Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,227
    In fact, it's so commonplace, on some forums I used to frequent you would be ostracised for using correct spelling and grammar, as it was seen as overly careful and pompous.
    dutchlegofan50
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 480
    According to Brickset my complete themes are:
    Ghostbusters
    Indiana Jones
    Pharaoh's Quest
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Prince of Persia
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Angry Birds
    The Hobbit
    Lord of the Rings
    Simpsons
    Vikings

I know there are LOTR, Hobbit, TMNJ and Indiana Jones sets I don't have, so they're not really complete.  I know Ghostbusters, Pharaoh's Quest, the Simpsons and Vikings are in fact complete.  The others not so sure on.

Personally I would consider Pirate to complete.  The only sets I don't have are the 2001/2002 re-released ones.  I have no plans to get those sets either.  Minecraft is nearly complete.  I'm missing two set from this year which I'm planning on getting.
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 752
    I thought I had more themes completed:

Obviously, I have some more collecting to do!
    Although at this stage with more than half a million bricks and over 1700 sets, I need to start being more selective but that is a story for another thread! :)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,468
    ^ How can you already have all 7 Overwatch sets?
    Baby_Yoda
  • SeanTheCollectorSeanTheCollector BirminghamMember Posts: 752
    @Astrobricks It looks like these stats are generated from old theme data. I just checked and I'm still 100% complete for Overwatch! Even though I only have #75987 Omnic Bastion (which I've had to return since it arrived crushed although I am waiting for a replacement). I am planning on getting the other sets though since they do look good even though I've never played the game.
    Astrobricks
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 400
    pxchris said:
    PeteM said:
    Almost completely unrelated, but your avatar and location got me thinking again on how much I would love for LEGO to make some more Doctor Who stuff! I loved the Ideas set and bought all the Dimensions items, but I'm really wanting more. I may resort to some of the custom figures for at least a few of the other Doctors in any case. Has anyone had any experience with any particular brands of custom figures that were particularly good?
    I would have loved more - it may not have supported more than a ‘one and done’ (like Scooby Doo) but anything would have been better than those Character Building sets. Even a CMF series would be acceptable (though that schedule is rammed with more marketable licenses at the moment!).... 
    I have 100% of the sets I can afford.  That'll do me for completeness!
    Same here - I buy from various themes indiscriminately so I’d be broke if I went for completeness!
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 69
    Thanks @Switchfoot55!!
    OK so I’ve checked and not surprisingly I have zero completed themes. I am surprised however to see that I apparently have more than 50% of the Disney sets. That will go down over time as my girls are not really interested in the Princess sets anymore. We do have 97% of Elves which is all the sets, many in multiples as the three kids wanted their own copies of some, as did I. And I know I have all the winter village sets including the limited edition giveaways. We just don’t have all the polybags for any theme, or any of the little magazine foil bags for Elves, because polybags and magazines are so difficult / impossible to come by here in Australia. I have ordered some occasionally via Bricklink from overseas but postage is usually too much for it to be worthwhile.