Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Gonna keep an eye out for those bowls... thanks @madforLEGO

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^I was there around 10:30, and didn't see the squishy cups or the bowl. They must of put them out later. Guess I'll stop in at Watertower, and see if they have any. I know they got new PaB parts on Friday.
    Wow, you were probably there about the time I was. I asked about the Halloween parts, namely the pumpkin heads, and the manager went and got more of those parts, and also mentioned that they just got the other parts in. To be fair my gf and I grabbed the majority of the cups and bowls that were brought out, but they should have more. I figured that the new part selection had to be coming up by October, I was pleasantly surprised that they had the news parts available. Sometimes, you just have to ask :-)
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,397
    ^I was wearing a black Harley t-shirt and a bandana. Was just at Watertower and my dealer I mean a very nice store employee told me October 1st. Won't be a problem as I was planing on going to get the Han Solo Mudtrooper anyway.
    I was dressed in dark tan shorts with a tan shirt. I do not recall seeing someone dressed like that, but I was pretty knee deep in getting my 'build a figure' containers filled, though I'm guessing if you would have seen me, you would have seen me by the build a figure bar waiting for the manager to come back with the new parts. Maybe that is why you may have missed them, otherwise I could have been by the PaB wall as well busy stuffing cups with parts. I was also by the Brickmania store about 11am.

As for the Han mudtrooper figure.. I thought about it, just because I have all the other figures with stands so far, so I'm tempted to get him, at least one. However, that also means buying a SW set to get him which I rather would not do as, IMO, they are all well overpriced and not really something I want personally. Kinda hoping they make an appearance at the LDC for 2.50 like the Scarif troopers did.
    Speaking of the LDC, they still had the new #40305 LEGO stores (which is good because I would rather not go to the DT LEGO store) but did not have the old LEGO store sets.

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,397
    ^sounds like we had the same plans that day. Can't recall seeing anyone wearing that, but I usually don't pay attention to that.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^I was there around 10:30, and didn't see the squishy cups or the bowl. They must of put them out later. Guess I'll stop in at Watertower, and see if they have any. I know they got new PaB parts on Friday.
    Wow, you were probably there about the time I was. I asked about the Halloween parts, namely the pumpkin heads, and the manager went and got more of those parts, and also mentioned that they just got the other parts in. To be fair my gf and I grabbed the majority of the cups and bowls that were brought out, but they should have more. I figured that the new part selection had to be coming up by October, I was pleasantly surprised that they had the news parts available. Sometimes, you just have to ask :-)
     Which pumpkin heads did your store get? 
    It was the pumpkin pieces that fit over the head. The ones from Scooby Doo series sets.
    Pumpkin_3CK5SumoLegopharmjodkiki180703
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 923
    During my last visit to a Lego store in MA, I saw an employee unloading what appeared to be a full box of #40178, but did not ask what the deal was since I was not planning on purchasing anything.  Nothing seen on Sept./Oct. calendars.  Just curious since I already have one of these, but has anyone heard anything?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,610
    teal93mr2 said:
    During my last visit to a Lego store in MA, I saw an employee unloading what appeared to be a full box of #40178, but did not ask what the deal was since I was not planning on purchasing anything.  Nothing seen on Sept./Oct. calendars.  Just curious since I already have one of these, but has anyone heard anything?
    One last punch in the stomach for the Black VIP card holders perhaps!?
    edited September 2018
    teal93mr2 said:

my gf got one two weeks ago for getting over 100 USD in purchase
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 288
    teal93mr2 said:

I received a coupon in my email for one of those free.  Went to the Lego store and they had no way to enter the code in the email.  They just handed me the poly and called it a day.
    madejp86
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 216
    daewoo said:
    teal93mr2 said:

I received a coupon in my email for one of those free.  Went to the Lego store and they had no way to enter the code in the email.  They just handed me the poly and called it a day.
    I had the same thing happen to me. It was great. Supposedly there was supposed to be a min purchase but Lego messed up. better for us :D
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 441
    ^^ When did you get that e-mail?  I'm wondering if it was in one of the many e-mails I get from them that I only quickly skim and delete...
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 288
    I received mine on August 21.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    edited September 2018
    Called the store by me and they said purchase minimum $35 to get #40178
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 441
    daewoo said:
    I received mine on August 21.
    OK, thanks.  That e-mail's long gone, if I even got it.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    @teal93mr2 what store in MA?
    @BrickByBrick I believe it was the Braintree store.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 587
    Ah, that's one I've never been to
    Called the store by me and they said purchase minimum $35 to get #40178
    If that is the case Ill need to get over there this weekend. I can get to 35 USD no problem at the store, especially with the new BaM parts there.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    They gave me two of them for spending $80 at the store in Houston.....well my better half got two.  She is much more appealing than me.
    I missed it this month, apparently the VIP set GWP was only for Sept.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 229
    Thanos75 said:
    They gave me two of them for spending $80 at the store in Houston.....well my better half got two.  She is much more appealing than me.
    Which Houston Store?
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    The Lego store in the Galleria

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,399
    Any November calendars popping up yet that anyone has seen?
    Wow wow the store calendar for November is pretty lacking. As it stands right now there are no GWP promotions. 
    gmonkey76Bumblepants
    Wow you are right, really empty. I wonder where the micro Diagon Alley comes into play then? Unless the Black Friday deals are amazing (unlikely) I probably  won't be getting anything until December at the earliest.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 86
    teal93mr2 said:
    Wow wow the store calendar for November is pretty lacking. As it stands right now there are no GWP promotions. 
    Given my wife has imposed a moratorium on LEGO in the aftermatch of last month's Inside Tour, I am kind of happy about not being forced to buy anything this month :-)
    SumoLegoteal93mr2
    Well at least they took 'Angry Birds' off their set categories finally.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,629
    Well at least they took 'Angry Birds' off their set categories finally.
    Nooooooooooooo!
    Bumblepants
    Any direction as to where I can find said calendar?
    ^Scratch that. I found one on Reddit. 

I did confirm with Lego CS this morning that there will be a Double VIP run from 10/15-10/31 on all purchases. I wasn't able to confirm if there would be any other GWP aside from the Minifig Frame for $75 or more. 

Not sure if they'll run a similar thing in November. Seems like a logical time to release the new #40293 Christmas Carousel set. 

Now to see if I can scrounge together enough patience to wait and see or just pull the trigger in mid-October. 
    PapaBearMooreFX
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,828
    This month's calendar seems unimpressive if you're not looking for LEGO Star Wars. November is even worse.

#40161 STILL on Sales and Deals
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 367
    Apparently I’m not good at this internet thing: are there double VIP sets on 10/08-10/09 other than the X-Wing and Yoda’s Hut?
    I believe they are limited to Star Wars sets for those dates. 

However, Lego CS confirmed for me there will be 2x VIP points from 10/15 - 10/31. So if you have non-SW items, I'd hold off for another few days. 
    kbw
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 367
    Thank you!
    Double VIP points are up now with a free minifig frame for purchases over $75.
    MegtheCat
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 748
    Going today for #75219 Imperial Landing Craft (and minifig frame), then Friday (payday- 64 hours worked last week!) for #75222 Betrayal at Cloud City!
  • tefarreltefarrel Member Posts: 47
    Hey all - not only are double points up and the frame is there, but the Han Solo mudfigure is still getting added to the cart - I would hustle before that disappears.  So basically I am getting double points and both the month's promotions.
    gmonkey76
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    WHen does double VIP end?
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 167
    leetshoe said:
    End of the month
    Astrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,238
    leetshoe said:
    Sounds like you aren’t getting lego emails? Might want to check your preferences.
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,828
    I got some sets at on sale at Target instead, 20% off + redcard better than 10% rewards points, not personally interested in the promo and resale value wasn't significant. Didn't want to get up to $75, could've done more 40161 but sure don't need more inventory right now.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 680
    I did the above method, hit the $50 threshold, and got the $10 card.  Loading up on the gift cards as more good sales are on their way, and the gift cards will help justify those additional purchases. 
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 680
    Sorry...I was under the impression I was in the Target forum...guess that's what happens when I'm tired and probably distracted!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 858
    So are we thinking that the Christmas Carousel will be the freebie on Black Friday?  And are thinking double points comes in then or no?
    I think I saw on another countries November calendar that the "Christmas Present" set that unfolds and shows a Christmas scene will be a GWP at the end of November. I haven't seen anything on the carousel set, however. I imagine there will not be a GWP and double VIP points when it becomes available. 
    Nothing new on the sale page. Keep hoping the Nexo packs will drop to -50%. Would like to get some for my kids to make a big army with.
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76MegtheCatPumpkin_3CK5kiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,238
    Nothing new on the sale page. Keep hoping the Nexo packs will drop to -50%. Would like to get some for my kids to make a big army with.
    That would be great if they would pay you half the RRP to take them off their hands :)
    December calendar out on the normal sites. Looks like 2x VIP points on December 1st and 2nd with the Christmas Carousel as a GWP from 12/1-12/10 for anyone who's curious.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76madforLEGOMegtheCatRakulRonyarkiki180703