Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 766
    pxchris said:
    I've been working on another addition to my "An Unexpected Expansion" MOC. Added in a dirt path out front of Bag-end for Gandalf to arrive on. Pretty pleased how this all came out.

I'm planning on displaying this MOC in our state fair later this month! Excited as it will be the first time I've ever publicly displayed any of my builds.

What do you guys think?

I think a picture would help. ;)
    Snizzlebutts
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 567
    I think a picture would help. ;)

Are the pictures not showing up for you? Is anyone else seeing them? I see all four pics I posted showing up...
    edited August 2018
    I don't see want, and i hit the quote button and didn't see them inserted there... Curious.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,271
    They took a short while to load for me, but at least they didn't load one line at a time like they normally do.
    pxchris
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 423
    I see all four pictures (it looks great!) both in the original post and the @CaptainRogers
    quoted post
    pxchris
    And now i can see all of them, so my post sill look stupid. Anyhow, I really like it! Well done on bringing a classic Middle Earth scene to life.
    pxchris
    I'm giving the whole Flickr thing a whirl since it seems to be where all the cool AFOLs hang out.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmkr8Gdm

Mostly I've used Instagram and FB for sharing my builds.
    FowlerBricksBaby_YodaSnizzlebutts
  • Gibbo1959Gibbo1959 Northumbria UKMember Posts: 288
    colay said:
    Afternoon all,

I thought twice about sharing this, as, A, it's my first attempt at building anything that isn't a set, since I was a kid (im now 420. B, it's not come out as I'd hoped and think I made the building too plain, but couldn't find a way of making it look more run down and ruined.

I was going for a scene from The Walking Dead, but some characters, time and lack of bricks and space I needed, meant I couldn't.

I call it The Last Stand, as a few survivors hold off some Zombies :)

Given the quality of posts before mine, I feel very inadequate lol

But on a positive note you’re doing well for 420!! @colay ( yes I know it was a typo). I don’t really MOC much myself but have done some small vignettes for minifigures which aren’t that special but we’ve all got to start somewhere. I just enjoy building for the sake of it. 
    FowlerBricksBaby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,271
    I love the variety of minifigures included as they really bring the display to life.
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 392
    Thank you @Baby_Yoda @Gibbo1959 yeah, I did enjoy it. Now just need to practice more. Why does work get in the way?! :)
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 49
    I bought 41597 "Go Brick Me" and (with some extras) built Marceline from Adventure Time.

Ooops, I should have used a black piece at the right side.

stluxFowlerBricksgmonkey76Baby_YodadavetheoxygenmancatwranglerbeemoAddicted2Oxygen
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 339
    A video update on my Silent Mary MOC- The Saint Mary.

FowlerBrickscatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 339
    OUR latest MOC!!! Lego SUPERNATURAL!!!

My son and I both put builds into our State Fair (Oregon) and both won second place ribbons in our respective categories. My submission was my Bag-End extension which I've called "An Unexpected Extension" and have shared here before.
    My son's submission was a food truck pod, which Portland is well known for.

FowlerBricksstluxbrickventuresSalamalexbeemoLittleLoriSeijiAmasawaSnizzlebuttsAddicted2Oxygen
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,263
    My Original Trilogy re-version of TLG's SDCC Millennium Falcon Cockpit is finally complete.

datsunrobbieFowlerBrickscolayxiahnaYo_dAAddicted2Oxygen
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 218
    Finished my Skull Ride MOC a little while ago, just haven't had chance to put anything up on here yet!

Kev80eAddicted2Oxygen
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 235
    Each year in work I set up a few sets and stuff for a Christmas display. Last year it was a few things in an empty fish-tank but this year, I had a full table to work with. There's not as much snow and stuff as I'd like due to an incident involving a tunnel colliding from a height with a modular.

Anyway the moving train, ferris wheel and reindeer were a hit in the office.

I used the @JKBrickworks motorised reindeer instructions and the horse and carriage is a slightly modified version from the Soar Brick website.

stluxPJ76ukdatsunrobbieFowlerBricksLewisBbandit778Kev80eAddicted2Oxygen
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    Good to see a festive Dalek...
    vizzitor
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 235
    Good to see a festive Dalek...
    A little addition to make him even more seasonal:

Dalek_Claus
    stluxFowlerBricksBumblepantsLittleLoriTheOriginalSimonBbandit778Kev80eAddicted2Oxygen
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,325
    eww
  • LegoPegasister2015LegoPegasister2015 Westchester, NYMember Posts: 132
    Well it took a while but I have finally finished the exterior of my model of “The Loud House”. It’s a big set with 2300+ parts and lots of authentic detail to the show. It wouldn’t be complete without Vanzilla! It opens up in the back and has removable floors too. The interior furniture is done but just needs to be optimized to all fit inside, I’ll post pics in a few days. 

I plan on creating custom minifigs and submitting it to Ideas soon so support would be appreciated. Would be helpful to get feedback before posting. 
    mafonmsandersFowlerBricksSwitchfoot55brickventuresmustang69SnizzlebuttsAddicted2Oxygen
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 49
    It's detailed recreation of the house and, as a person, who watches the show, I applaud your dedication and diligence. I'm sure it gets it's share of upvotes, but I doubt it'd be greenlit by TLG — to average viewer it looks just like an ordinary house.
    LegoPegasister2015
    edited January 16
    More pics, including most of interior plus minifigs. Shown below are the Living Room, Kitchen, the dreaded "Kid's Table" and the Grown-Up Table, and two of the five bedrooms.

msandersFowlerBricksSnizzlebuttsAddicted2Oxygen
  • KovJonasKovJonas SerbiaMember Posts: 36
    @Bricked1980 amazing builds, and I also like the way you present your creations, very good quality renderings!
    Very impressive work @KovJonas and @Bricked1980!
    KovJonas
    ^^^Supported! Great modulars.
    KovJonas
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,351
    Would be nice to see some of the talent here over in the regular building contests...  Current one can be found here and you still have until the end of the month to enter.
    FowlerBricksstluxKovJonas
  • Bricked1980Bricked1980 UKMember Posts: 35
    KovJonas said:
    @Bricked1980 amazing builds, and I also like the way you present your creations, very good quality renderings!
    Thanks very much. Yes most of my designs are digital but I have recreated a couple of them in real bricks. The convenience store modular is real and I have recently completed a brick built version of the Traction Engine, although I had to swap out some colours for that one.

By the way @KovJonas, your entry for the recent Bricklink contest looks really excellent.

pxchris said:
    Very impressive work @KovJonas and @Bricked1980!
    Thanks very much.

^^^Supported! Great modulars.
    Many thanks for supporting my projects. I really appreciate it.
    KovJonas
  • KovJonasKovJonas SerbiaMember Posts: 36
    @pxchris, @Bricked1980 thanks guys! :)
  • uwuuwu Member Posts: 12
    Unfortunate to know that separate moc topic can't be posted in this forum. 

Either way, I'll post 1-3 moc weekly (if willing to) with mainly old moc I've built in the past: 

Post 1: 

Aku - The Shape-Shifting Master of Darkness 

BumblepantsthenosAddicted2Oxygen
  • markosparkomarkosparko stuartfield, AberdeenshireMember Posts: 1
    I just acquired a second arkham asylum 10937. Has any one ever combined 2 together to make a bigger version? If so do you have pics you can share to help me please?
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 523
    Hi Marko, welcome to Brickset!

I only have one set of 10937 but I have experience of combining other multiple sets to create something bigger.

Here's one to get you started - it is two sets combined pretty simply, keeping to the look, layout and details of the original.

Here's one that is much more elaborate - https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/85656-10937-modular-building-“an-alternate-asylum”/ they have used 4 sets and turned it into a modular. I know you only have two but this one could be good for inspiration, especially if you have a pile of spare pieces.

I found these by googling '10937 Moc'. Hopefully some other members have first hand experience and can give some more advice.

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,296
    If memory serves correctly, @CapnRex101 was emarking on an epic Arkham build some years ago, and was blogging about it.

Whatever happened to that, Cap?  Did you finish it?
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • markosparkomarkosparko stuartfield, AberdeenshireMember Posts: 1
    Thanks bobjack. I've just combined them both similar to the one you've shown. 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • AntiZombieAntiZombie GermanyMember Posts: 12
    Hey LEGO fans,

additionally to my illuminated Lego city "Bricksonville", I started to build an amusement park this year, also completely illuminated and motorized.
    So, this is the first update of it:

In the next weeks I will show further progress! So hope you enjoy

FowlerBricksAddicted2Oxygen
    i guess not many visit to this discussion 

Post 2: 

Serpent Tide (7018 Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent revision)

FowlerBricksAanchirAddicted2Oxygen
    Post 3: 

Umoi Crab

FowlerBricksAanchirAddicted2Oxygen