Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2019 Modular Rumours

Comments

• MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 371
    ^That doesn't make any sense if that's the new modular.  Release dates have been Jan 1 since at least the Detective's Office.  Believe me, I worked the last four. Like I said earlier, I would be stunned if it were a Green Grocer rerelease.  Even those of us that work(ed) there who are big Lego fans don't know information much earlier than the general public as LBR has gotten increasingly better at keeping things under wraps. I certainly didn't know what the upcoming modulars were this early in the year. 
    sid3windr
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    Only way I see the Grocer rumor being true is if they are happy with how the Taj Mahal did and decided to throw this out there too to squash ebay prices and lepin encroachment. It has a lot of out of print parts for a straight re-release though.
    pharmjod
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,339
    A LEGO Store Employee told me we were getting more Doctor Who sets and a CMF a few years back so lol they are as clueless as we are or instructed to stay quiet
    SumoLego
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    And it should contain plants from plants if not mistaken...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,830
    How about a “proper” Market Street? ;-)
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,606
    If #10264 is being released on 1 Nov, it won't be the next modular in the series. If they've decided to steal greengrocer 'from the vault' and re-release it on 1 Nov, that's a different thing entirely...
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,794
    Wasn't the Creator Expert set with plant based elements supposed to launch in November? Could the "Green Grocer" be a nice tongue-in-cheek set to do that with? 
    pharmjod
  • Phantom107Phantom107 The NetherlandsMember Posts: 73
    Private prison 
    PapaBear
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    Wasn't the Creator Expert set with plant based elements supposed to launch in November? Could the "Green Grocer" be a nice tongue-in-cheek set to do that with? 
    Honestly, that would be a great way to drive sales on the new plant-based plants.  "Green" in the name, design could be updated to include more foliage, and a hugely pent-up demand that would drive sales.
    catwranglertamamahm
    ^Not to mention how cheap it would be to dump a bunch of sand and yard clippings into the brick machines at Lego...
    oldtodd33Baby_Yoda
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,808
    I think that'd be more approrpriate for a 'Green Gardner', but they just did a florist with Assembly Square...
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    SumoLego said:
    I came to Brickset for some modular rumours, and an International trade discussion broke out!
    Haha, next time I'll keep my mouth shut so I don't start an international trade war! I was just referring to how only Pet Shop, Town Hall and Assembly Square have topped AU$250 so far.
    SumoLego
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2018
    I'm surprised no-one has mentioned a Post Office or a Railway Station yet.
    Railway Station!   Yes,  with a high interior lobby and easy/obvious way to integrated it with railroad tracks.  Or even a center arch breezeway where you could put tracks for a train to go through the building.   Eeee, i'm excited hehe.  (of course a Monorail going through the building would be cool.  Maybe they'd use the new roller coaster tracks.

Perhaps the platform is in the rear so if you don't have any lego trains, you won't lose out on anything.
    Brickchap
    SumoLego said:
    I came to Brickset for some modular rumours, and an International trade discussion broke out!
    I once went to see a Star Wars movie and the same thing happened!!!
    And sadly, it was the secondmost interesting thing in the movie!
    edited September 2018
    ^ If only the film was Episode III, the first most interesting thing would be the memes.
    A railway station does not lend itself to modular buildings. It won't happen.
    BumblepantsBaby_Yodagmonkey76FollowsCloselySumoLegoM_Boss
    edited September 2018
    I agree. The only side that could be considered open enough for a track to run through uninterrupted (in a full layout) is the facade side, and of course, you need the track to come out another side, which can't happen. Of course, corner buildings have two facade sides, but track cutting through the middle of the building like that would look ridiculous...
    A modular buildings railway station is awesome to dream about, though!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,904
    With the confirmation of the turbine re release, I'd say green grocer wouldnt be a shock at all at this point.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 825
    pharmjod said:
    With the confirmation of the turbine re release, I'd say green grocer wouldnt be a shock at all at this point.
    Funny, I'd think it would be less likely at this point, assuming they want to limit themselves to one major rerelease "from the vault" per year.
    stluxgmonkey76Aanchir
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,835
    ^ Yes I would agree, it now looks like it could be one rerelease a year. Have to say the turbine is a really odd choice.
    SumoLegoJern92Aanchirandhe
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    Well they are willing to bring back out of print colors since the green BURPs are coming back with the Vestas. Maybe the sand green parts for the GG aren't as unlikely as we once thought.
    SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    ^ Keep in mind, Sand Green has had a bit of a renaissance recently - it's in a number of sets these days as detail/accent parts, or structurally like the Park Street Townhouse and Assembly Square.  Not to mention The Ocean Monument.  And the 2x2 macaroni bricks that were previously only in the Statue of Liberty are back in Sand Green even if the mould is different - but at 14 cents apiece on Bricks and Pieces compared to the absolute hose job that the original mould's prices are on Bricklink, it's a no-brainer.

As long as they keep making color pellets for any given shade, I can't imagine it's hard to recolor pieces.  I know Jaime Berard has said that Mixel ball-joints are color-locked because other colors would need testing due to the extremely tight tolerances, but I'd imagine that a 1x8 brick doesn't require nearly the same degree of accuracy. 

Also, I've had my eye on a Vestas for a long time now, had thought about BL'ing it, and now am glad I never got around to it.  And it'll make a great display piece since my city has zero room left.  Now, bring back Sand Red!!!!
    catwrangler
    A railway station does not lend itself to modular buildings. It won't happen.
    I would guess a rail station would show up as a D2C set under the City or Friends theme.  (Much like that train shed from a few years ago.  Which I covet.)

Or something completely random like a TLM2 set.  They do like to throw in a modular-scale set randomly into an unlikely theme and keep us on our toes.
  • leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 255
    Looks like the new modular is a wind turbine
    Jern92Baby_Yoda
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 67
    ^ after no smiley faces, now the modulars have no lamp post, no bley streetwalk, and no Technic pins! You could even say that it isn’t a modular!
    sid3windrBaby_YodaBumblepants
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    One rerelease per year? The new modular usually comes out in January. 
    sid3windr
  • BiggiSnibbiBiggBiggiSnibbiBigg GreenlandMember Posts: 31
    So are there 7 more creator sets to be released in 2018? Could be that one of them is GG? I think GG will have much more appeal than this fairly expensive wind turbine.
    No, it will be the case that numbers are allocated when a set is 'commissioned'. What this means is that the new wind turbine set had a short lead time from being commissioned to being released - possibly half a year? Whereas most sets have a year to 18 months lead time. This makes sense given it's a re-release.
    sid3windrstluxBaby_Yoda
    ^ Yes, very little of the time needed to develop #10268 would have been related to the model itself. I reckon they'd want it to remain as faithful to the original as is reasonable, considering it's on the same vein as the Taj Mahal.
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    I would place my bet on a brand new modular January 2019 and possible GG re-release taking the regular reissue set slot in November 2019...
    Baby_YodaBrickchap
    Im just grateful that the Police Precinct rumors have been supplanted by GG re-release rumors.
    Baby_Yodawindjammerandhe
    ^Well, it's like an undercover sting operation thing. A police-green-grocer-station. Maybe with a train.
    Baby_Yodasonsofscevaandhe
    I hope we get a banana stand, modular sized. 32 x 48.
    Bitsyww2Baby_Yodasid3windrandhe
  • ZandersmomtracyZandersmomtracy NebraskaMember Posts: 9
    I wouldn't mind a police station too much, only thing I wouldn't like about it is the fact that , that is all what it would be , unless they split it like they did for the brick bank. You can't really put apartments or anything above it, so it would be nothing but offices , holding,, cells, etc on all the floors. 
    Brickchapdawid
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 417
    Patrik78 said:
    I would place my bet on a brand new modular January 2019 and possible GG re-release taking the regular reissue set slot in November 2019...
    What?  We have a standard reissue set slot now?  I take a break for a month or two and have to play catch up on my LEGO news.  This time of year I also feel like there is a "retiring soon" slot that comes up just so I can watch my wallet sweat.
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 248
    PapaBear said:
    Patrik78 said:
    What?  We have a standard reissue set slot now?  I take a break for a month or two and have to play catch up on my LEGO news.  This time of year I also feel like there is a "retiring soon" slot that comes up just so I can watch my wallet sweat.
    I would say that it is an assumption that there is a rerelease slot rather than a fact. AFAIK the turbine has not been branded, “from the vault”
    sid3windr
    I hope we get a banana stand, modular sized. 32 x 48.
    Sausage factory!
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76MrKettle
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    TLG's promo message opened with "Out of the vault...", though I don't see anything on the store listing about specifically branding it as "from the vault"
    M_Boss
    That turbine looked really, really cool until I saw the price point.  They can put it back in the vault for that.  I don't know what the hell happened there
    BumblepantsJern92
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 289
    edited September 2018
    I think one of the contributing factors to the price point (aside from Power Functions) has to be the number of large pieces in this set. Big green BURP's on the base, 32x32 baseplate, and the turbine itself is made largely out of those big white curved pieces stuck together with technic pins.

On topic though, I don't think the phrasing "out of the vault" refers to a new theme or brand, it's just a descriptive phrase. Neither last years Taj Mahal or this turbine has anything other than normal Creator branding on it.

Even if TLG was to rerelease a modular, I doubt it'd have anything but Creator branding on it.
    SumoLegoBaby_YodastluxAanchir
    No return of LEGO Factory?
    I think one of the contributing factors to the price point (aside from Power Functions) has to be the number of large pieces in this set. Big green BURP's on the base, 32x32 baseplate, and the turbine itself is made largely out of those big white curved pieces stuck together with technic pins.

On topic though, I don't think the phrasing "out of the vault" refers to a new theme or brand, it's just a descriptive phrase. Neither last years Taj Mahal or this turbine has anything other than normal Creator branding on it.

Even if TLG was to rerelease a modular, I doubt it'd have anything but Creator branding on it.
    I forgot how big the old one was.  $200 is still a lot, but I guess if the pieces are so large it should be fair.  39" is gigantic.  I think that is with the tower plus blade extended on top but still.
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 91
    MrJackson said:

As long as they keep making color pellets for any given shade, I can't imagine it's hard to recolor pieces. 
    It's actually easier than that... Pellets all come in one color now and are colored at the LEGO factory right before moulding
    LegoTT
    When do you reckon we get any news about the new moddymod (modular)? 
    Downtown Diner didn’t leak until November last year.
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/550373#Comment_550373

P.S. Apparently, everything that’s been said on this thread was said last year on the thread above.
    P.P.S. Why can’t the forums show at least the date of posts from past months?

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,108
    There doesn’t seem to be a lot of sensical reason behind when they let us know what the next release is but it’s definitely getting closer.

Thats if one is even released....
    There doesn’t seem to be a lot of sensical reason behind when they let us know what the next release is but it’s definitely getting closer.

In other words, we’re closer to knowing than we’ve ever been before :)
    Baby_Yodasid3windr
    Time is moving too slowly. Maybe I should freeze myself down and have my mother defreeze me January 1st.
    Brickchap
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,858

Sometimes I think it's just about trying to pace out their announcements so that the announcement of one product doesn't overshadow another that needs the publicity more. Non-licensed Creator Expert sets can basically be announced whenever as long as it's ahead of the release, whereas announcements of stuff that involves any sort of licensing partner or ties in with some type of media event can have more particular scheduling needs.
    maaaaaaa