Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    Celebrated having a working net connection back this past week by ordering up all the parts for a project, now I'm just waiting on the last couple of them to arrive...

Addicted2OxygenFowlerBrickssnowhitieMr_CrossYo_dAMuftak1xiahna
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,233
    so I have 12 of the Harry Potter CMFs, I get the last 7 from a box. 6 duplicates. great. At least the other one was one my most wanted of the missing ones.
    FowlerBricks
  • SalamalexSalamalex UKMember Posts: 273
    edited September 2018
    Having just made myself unemployed (given up teaching) I've been doing some sorting in the house.  The LEGO room is still a mess but I have discovered that, in addition to the few hundred thousand bricks I have amassed in the last four years, I have also gained 13 LEGO related T-Shirts. (%&*%£@!!)
    LegopantsOnebricktoomanyLostInTranslationsnowhitiecatwrangler
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 298
    Taken the long slippery slope into Modular territory and purchased my first two sets, 10232 Palace Cinema and 10218 Pet Shop. Also got my hands on The LEGO Neighborhood Book for expansion inspiration! Now just need to find space to display them!
    BumblepantssnowhitieOnebricktoomanycatwrangler
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    Debating how long it will take to move...

Into this area...

And how costly some walls will cost in the 'old' area so Buzz, Elsa and a creepy MLP have a place to stay.
    snowhitiestluxdatsunrobbieFowlerBricksSeijiAmasawaMr_Crosscatwrangler
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,710
    Careful. When you move, you'll find 10-20 things you didn't know you had...
    SumoLegogmonkey76Mr_Crosscatwrangler
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 761
    Glad the pumpkin pieces from the Scooby Doo line is back in stock at B&P but dang they're $1.25 each lolz. Decided it was a good time to buy some non-plastic pumpkins and found this one of a kind gourd. Well, from his pile at least. 

Aanchircatwrangler
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 607
    SumoLego said:

Into this area...

It even has an en-suite ;)
    SumoLegoSeijiAmasawaMr_CrossMuftak1Baby_Yoda
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 255
    Glad the pumpkin pieces from the Scooby Doo line is back in stock at B&P but dang they're $1.25 each lolz. Decided it was a good time to buy some non-plastic pumpkins and found this one of a kind gourd. Well, from his pile at least. 

Kinda looks like Squidward.
    SumoLegodmcc0Baby_Yoda
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,377
    Debating if I should pick up a bin I found on a local community sell site. Looks to have a couple Varactyls and Mosasaurus #6721 sets for $40.

Can anyone recommend if this is a good buy or not? Obviously I can look at BL numbers (and the Mosasaurus seems to have sold fairly frequently over the last 6 months). Just not sure how fast I could resell. 
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 298
    Just added #7784 The Batmobile UCS to my collection, looking forward to displaying it with #76023 The Batman Tumbler and #70917 The Ultimate Batmobile.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
    dmcc0 said:
    It even has an en-suite ;)
    Is that a bucket-potty joke!
    dmcc0
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 350
    Got this:

Set # 40358
    Switchfoot55kbwHanzoVorpalRyusnowhitieFowlerBricksGame_on
  • BlockedUpBlockedUp USAMember Posts: 68
    Just finished building the 68 Mustang from the Speed Champions Series. Very worth the money and a very fun build.
    FowlerBricksCaptainLego
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    Thanks for posting that @CaptainLego, the more & more I see it, the more I'm wanting #40358. Now, I just have to hope some retailer here picks it up (unfortunately our Target stores have no connection to US Target stores, so they won't be likely to carry it).

Just waiting on two BrickLink orders to finish off my current project, then I'll start on my next project, a tribute to an actress which I'm hoping I can get done by the deadline I've set myself. Strangely I'm also ordering up two extra copies of the sticker sheet from #75190 (for future projects), I loved having black cheese wedge control consoles instead of DBG, I'm wishing TLG had done these as printed parts.
    FowlerBricksCaptainLegoxiahna
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,140
    If I'm being honest, my Lego status would be disappointed.

A local Target got in a couple #76042 The SHIELD Helicarrier but they were initially full price. They eventually did clearance them to half price but I was unable to get one. 

It may be a blessing in disguise, as currently we simply have no room for built Lego, but that would have been a great deal.
    I'm a little cranky today when I discovered that #40305 (LEGO Store Micro Scale) is available at my local LEGO Retail Store...

I'm happy that I walked through the Brasilian Festival on 6th Avenue in 90+ degree heat to get two.  And carry them back 15 blocks back.

-Shakes fist at the sky-
    Switchfoot55davetheoxygenmanBaby_YodastluxAddicted2Oxygen
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,317
    edited September 2018
    Project Mirrored Blue Grocer? Challenge accepted.

Just because I got 2 pet shops for the apartments and now am left with a bunch of sand blue with groove.... :D
    Interestingly, I was missing Cho's skirt in a CMF and sent a message to Lego CS. They've just dispatched a skirt through B&P.

Apparently not all CMF parts are off-limits!

Sidenote: Why does the editor have Bold, Italic, Strikethrough buttons but no Underline button...
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksBaby_Yoda
  • mdtvandymdtvandy USAMember Posts: 51
    edited September 2018
    I found a mostly complete GBHQ on eBay a couple weeks ago for $80, but I feel like I'm going to end up spending more than MSRP trying to get the necessary minifigs and accessories (You have to buy an Ecto-1, right?).
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,377
    ^It can be a dangerous game to play. I found a bulk bin recently with parts of #10240 UCS Red Five sitting on top. I went through and found about 90%. However, that last 10% is going to cost a decent amount to complete. That said, I'll end up well below the current rate of used sets on BL, but it was more than I anticipated. 
    mdtvandy
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 255
    sid3windr said:
    Interestingly, I was missing Cho's skirt in a CMF and sent a message to Lego CS. They've just dispatched a skirt through B&P.

Apparently not all CMF parts are off-limits!

Sidenote: Why does the editor have Bold, Italic, Strikethrough buttons but no Underline button...
    That's interesting, when I was missing a Cho skirt they just sent me a complete sealed Minifigure. (It was Ron by the way.) Was not aware that part could be sent out, perhaps it's a European only replacement part offering.
    ^ Yep, I was expecting an apology saying they can only send out an entire blind bag, but I just got a "We received your message and will send you a replacement" and a few days later I got this:

I assume the replacement parts for non-Europe come from the same warehouse, though?
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    Replacement parts all come from the same customer service department in Billund. If I recall correctly they keep parts for 3 (2?) years after the set retired; any leftover parts are then destroyed.
    sid3windr
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    stlux said:
    ... any leftover parts are then destroyed.
    Not quite true, they aren't destroyed, they get distributed elsewhere. 
    Baby_Yoda
    @Shib When I visited that department in May I was told items where destroyed, but maybe my memory is fuzzy and she was only talking about the licenced parts?
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,090
    ^^ Like the very top row of the PaB wall for Sand Green 1x8s.
    ShibSwitchfoot55SumoLegosid3windrAstrobricks
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,056
    Indeed, you must know the secret knock to get in, I was lucky and taught by Vitruvius. 
    Baby_Yoda
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^^ Like the very top row of the PaB wall for Sand Green 1x8s.
    1x12s, too!
    Baby_YodaAstrobricks
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    My status is frantically trying to get ready for my LUGs 20th anniversary party in two weeks!
    Jennistarwars4everBuriedinBricks
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    Jonesing to build something, but so busy at work that I've had no time ... ugh. 
    SumoLegosid3windr
    edited September 2018
    Apparently USPS cares, and they hope this didn't inconvenience me. #&$?!)7+=!

Is it worth bringing this to the post office or will it be a waste of time? 
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksMegtheCat
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    I don't see why they wouldn't honor the insurance claim.
    SprinkleOtter
    That is one crushed box, that's for sure!
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    SumoLego said:
     Soaking wet, flat-as-a-pancake box. I haven't tried bricklink but it seems that's the only place so far with a sealed one.

@Hanzo I don't  think the seller insured it. Can it still be disputed?
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    edited September 2018
    SumoLego said:
     Soaking wet, flat-as-a-pancake box. I haven't tried bricklink but it seems that's the only place so far with a sealed one.

The seller normally wouldn't just automatically include insurance, it's usually a buyer option (that costs extra).  I suppose it doesn't hurt to ask the seller though.

Also, what USPS service was used?  It may have some coverage automatically.

Priority Mail Express & Priority Mail

With some exceptions, Priority Mail Express shipments include up to $100 of insurance and Priority Mail shipments may include up to $50. For more valuable shipments, additional coverage is usually available.

Pumpkin_3CK5
    edited September 2018
    There should be a minimum amount of insurance if it went Priority.  (I'm not sure if there is any insurance on First Class packages.)

I suppose depending on how you bought it, you could send it back (certified mail) and demand a refund.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,710
    SumoLego said:

They best part? It doesn't matter if the seller insured or not. You can dispute it.
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    sid3windr said:
    ^ Yep, I was expecting an apology saying they can only send out an entire blind bag, but I just got a "We received your message and will send you a replacement" and a few days later I got this:

I assume the replacement parts for non-Europe come from the same warehouse, though?
    Oh boo. The page in the B&P envelope still says Skirt, but in the bag there is indeed simply a blind bag. And not of Cho, obviously...
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,897
    ^ I know someone who opened Cho, only to discover her Owl was missing from the pack! I advised them to contact CS. I wonder if they have and what they received?

Interesting that it was the same figure. 
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    sid3windr said:
    sid3windr said:

Oh boo. The page in the B&P envelope still says Skirt, but in the bag there is indeed simply a blind bag. And not of Cho, obviously...
    I got an extra Cho but I don't need the skirt. I can send it to you.
    Thanks for the offer, but my Cho is an extra as well, she'll live without the skirt (intercontinental postage isn't worth it I'd say :-)). Really nice though!

I thought they'd have felt for a new Cho but alas. :-)
    FowlerBricksBaby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,090
    ^ No, Lego like to leave all the fun stuff for their customers.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,031
    Went to get my car serviced yesterday and found that @CCC uses the same garage that I do. Who knew?

GothamConstructionCosnowhitieBumblepantsdavetheoxygenmanbandit778HugeYellowBrickBaby_Yodagmonkey76Addicted2Oxygen
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,182
    Just spent £16 on a single sand green 2x4 brick.....

....TK Maxx had obviously had a delivery of LEGO storage bricks. Needed another one and I'd not seen such an unusual colour!
    SprinkleOttercatwranglerAddicted2Oxygen
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,780
    @sid3windr I've got a spare skirt for you. I'll keep it aside!
    stluxsid3windr
    Lego status: frantically trying to identify whether I have any colleagues/family/friends going soon to Shanghai. A new Lego Store opened this week (haven't seen many articles about it, except this one - maybe because everybody is in Skaerbaek?), and they have a very pretty keychain:

Pictures of the other store opening GWP's, including a Brickheadz with "I Love Shanghai" print here. (scroll down to the 3rd page of the store calendar)

(Was good that the store calendar specified that "SH" means "Shanghai", as I thought it said "I love [email protected]"... AFOL bias etc)
    sid3windrsnowhitieBumblepantsAanchirLostInTranslationAddicted2Oxygen