Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Who needs the new Wal-Mart Polys?

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited March 2012 in Marketplace
To my mates in the UK and around the world. I am willing to pick up the new Wal Mart polys and get them to you like I did with the PodRacers. Cost would be cost of the polys ($3.47 for non SW and $3.99 for SW) + Shipping + a small fee ($1 or $2) for gas and paypal expenses. PM me if you need any.

PS: Please keep the requests realistic. :)

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    edited March 2012
    ^ Thanks for the offer. What Poly's are there?
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    I'll get back to ya with my list? Cheers!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Sorry, here is what is new.

30017, Police Boat;
    30018 Police Microlight;
    30085 Jumping Snakes (Ninjago)
    30087 Cole's Mini-Car (Ninjago)
    30056 - Star Destroyer
    30058 STAP (With battle driod)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    PM sent :)
  • GizmocomGizmocom Member Posts: 25
    PM sent as well :)
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,355
    Will these 6 polys make up the next freebies available from UK newspaper The Sun ?
    ^ Don't suppose anyone really knows yet, but looking at them I would say that they all look likely candidates. Just my opinion obviously.
    ^ I'm a convert to the Collect_that School of Thought on Polybags:
    Take no chances! :)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Ancient Danish saying "A polybag in the hand is worth two in The Sun".
    edited March 2012
    ^^ Fair enough, totally understand that thinking.
    Have to say that I am not overly impressed with those bags though, the Star Wars ones are re-releases (I believe), the Ninjago ones are pretty uninspiring and the Police ones look almost the same as previous sets too.
    Saying all that I bet I cave soon :)

^ haha!
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Excuse the ignorance but why don't we sell these in the UK in a similar fashion? I can imagine them working really well in supermarkets.
    @atkinsar - LOL!
    ^^ Kev, no idea why they dont sell them over here in the same manner. Once in a blue moon you will find them, but it is really rare and random.
    Found mini tie in Tesco a few years back and a dinosaur one in WHSmiths at Liverpool Street, but not much other than those.
    ^ I found random polybags in whsmith on Reading station once - lizard, TIE, tractor. I guess they were left over from a previous promo. They were BOGOF too, very nice :)
    ^ Now that you have joined the Collect_That and Atkinsar club are your poly's now confined to a storage box or do they get opened? :)
    edited March 2012
    ^ 1 to open, 1 to keep
    (I opened white Boba Fett the other day, you'll be pleased to hear! :)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    edited March 2012
    @atkinsar - brilliant.

^ WHAAAAA? Presumably, you have another "to keep"???
    Why has a random link appeared in my comment? I didn't do it, I don't know HOW to do it!!

^ Nope, this I only had one of - xmas present from a certain princedraven :)
    edited March 2012
    @LostInTranslation Glad you are enjoying him (out of packet).
    The whole 1 to open, 1 to keep is a nice way to work, if it stays like that :)

Oh and that linky thing is all over BS now, seems like it scans for certain things that could be shopping links and add a link automatically, not a huge fan as I keep thinking it is someone linking to something of interest rather than an auto shopping link.
    ^ Well, sometimes extras sneak in for trade or for my trio of nephews... or because I can't help it (Nemo fish is so darn cute).

Thanks for letting me know about the link. It doesn't even go to the correct item?! I don't like the idea of my comments being tampered with by some computer-bot-thing :/
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,891
    The links are an experiment at monetizing the forum. If unsucessful I will remove them.
    ^ Thanks for the clarification Huw, any chance you could make the links appear in a different color than normal links so we know which are user links and which are shopping links?
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    ^ Good idea!
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    I've just clicked the auto-link in the post with the list of sets near the top of the thread. Pretty random selection of eBay items it has turned up - I can't see it generating sales unless you can force it to add LEGO to its shopping links.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    I just wish Walmart in Canada would carry polys! Target is coming here soon so i hope they will.
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 175
    When is the Sun promo starting?