Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Helm's Deep Custom Instructions at Brickstruct

13»

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,441
    @emilewski - About 16-17,000 I think.

Ordered the pieces for part 4 this evening. Will be excited to have all of Kevin's work completed before I eventually (hopefully) start on some modifications that I would like to make. I've got about 600+ more figures to assemble should I decide to add more too.
    pharmjodkiki180703
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 207
    It appears Kevin is working on a Book 5.
  • KevBrickstructKevBrickstruct Member Posts: 42
    Hi guys, here is an update!  Books 1 - 4 contains 16,318 parts, according to my digital model...which should be accurate.  Book 5 is under way...so I'm guessing it's going to top at between 18 and 19k.  Section 14, the caves, consisting of a dungeon, stables, tunnels etc ( book 5) will complete the model.  I post works in progress on my instagram @kevbrickstruct.
    MrGudzFizyxbluedragonRennycatwranglerkiki180703
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Time to go piece shopping :)
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 365
    Amazing!
    @KevBrickstruct, do you know the physical dimensions of the finished product?
    Wow! Thanks @samiam391. That is a behemoth :)
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    Looks like a page out of 'Where's Waldo'.  Although I am curious if this is accurate to the film, or more in line with the books?
    SprinkleOtter
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,480
    I'm curious how you dust it.
    SprinkleOtter
    Hi Guys, thanks for chiming in!  The model is based on the film, as I used a ton of screen grabs and behind the scenes photo reference when creating it.  The model is
    60 inches wide, 45 inches deep, and about 25 inches tall (top of Hornburg).  Thanks!
    SumoLegostluxBumblepantskiki180703Onebricktoomany
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,568
    I've been following this thread and @KevBrickstruct progress in the background out of interest only, as I will never manage to complete this project myself.
    However, I would like to chime in and congratulate you on what is an absolutely incredible MOC and achievement. The time and dedication you have invested to create this is truly amazing.
    What on earth are you going to do with your time now?! ;-)
    pharmjodOnebricktoomanymsanders
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 355

What on earth are you going to do with your time now?! ;-)
    One can only assume that it will be Minas Tirith in the same scale. :)
    canon03JudgeChuckkiki180703Onebricktoomany
    Thanks for that nice compliment JUDGECHUCK !  Honestly it wound up being so much larger and detailed than I had originally planned.  At one point, as I finished section 4 (Book 1)...I freaked out and thought I might need to tear it all down and start again.  But then I looked at where it was "potentially" headed,, and decided to press on!  A huge commitment, but very glad to have it completed as it was intended to be. I actually have already started on my next set of instructions, for a much smaller model I built a few months ago....not sure what my next move would be in Middle Earth! 
    JudgeChuckkiki180703OnebricktoomanystluxFowlerBricks
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    Sorry to resurrect a very old thread but doesn’t anyone know if the website is still active to get these instructions? If not if they have a copy of the instructions? @KevBrickstruct hasn’t been on here since 2020. 

I have been rewatching LOTR in preparation to binge the Power of the Ring. And really want to build Helms Deep and Theodens palace.
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 207
    edited September 20
    @Redbullgivesuwind Send him an email. He’s a lovely guy to deal with. He also has an Instagram page.
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,441
    https://brickstruct.com/Brickstruct.com/Welcome.html

still very much available, enjoy!
    Redbullgivesuwindgmonkey76
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    Thanks, I will drop him an email. It looks like such a great build 
    Switchfoot55