Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10263 Winter Village 2018

Comments

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,365
    Pebbles said:
    Having now seen @Mouseketeer fire station, I feel any winter village fire station that Lego produce is going to be a disappointment.
    That's because it's built like a MOC and not like a LEGO set. 
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    Interesting how they've got so much better this year in keeping their upcoming D2C sets a secret till the very last moment :)
    Baby_Yodasklamb
  • Turlough_1Turlough_1 United KingdomMember Posts: 19
    Patrik78 said:
    Interesting how they've got so much better this year in keeping their upcoming D2C sets a secret till the very last moment :)
    I know. Annoying, isn't it! 
    gmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,308
    ^link doesn't work?
    10263 Winter Village Fire Station is the name according to a teaser on a LEGO Store catalog
    Bumblepants
  • ScottScott BudapestMember Posts: 1

thedingman5M_BossstluxRecceBrickchapSeanTheCollectormustang69SumoLegokiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 792
    Ugh. I guess this means another classic fire truck. But, will it include a Dalmatian?
    sid3windr
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 375
    How disappointing. 
    FollowsClosely
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    ^ Haven't confirmed that the ladder's used to hang lights until we get an action panel on the back of the box. And at this rate, who knows how long it'll be before we see it?
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76sid3windrkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,978
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^ Haven't confirmed that the ladder's used to hang lights until we get an action panel on the back of the box. And at this rate, who knows how long it'll be before we see it?
    No way a Lego fire station is without a vehicle. If it isn't putting up lights it will be putting a star on the tree or something else like that.
    BrickchapLostInTranslationstluxgmonkey76Baby_Yodakiki180703
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 474
    As for a fire engine I really hope its a 1914 Dennis ladder truck (the type with the large cartwheels on the back). A Victorian style horse drawn pump would be cool too.
  • LegoPrincessLegoPrincess United StatesMember Posts: 14
    I feel like we've already seen the best possible looking fire station from Mouseketeer, so the set might be a disappointment after that...
    tamamahmoldtodd33LuLegokiki180703
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    I agree. I will be pleasantly surprised if it looks as good or better. 
    I find it comical that they've done such a great job keeping the leaks at bay this year to let it slip less than a week away from the actual reveal day. And on their own marketing material nonetheless! 

Although I haven't seen the actual building yet, and although @Mouseketeer's model sets a crazy high standard of what could be, I guess I'm easy to please. I've wanted a fire station for my village since I hatched my plan to start a village a year and a half ago. It was on my list of to-do's. It'll just be checked off way sooner than I had planned.  
    gmonkey76tamamahm
    I'm really looking forward to the Fire Station now - I think the whole thing should hopefully fit well, particularly with the first 4 sets we were given for the winter village series. 
    Brickchap
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,416
    @Switchfoot55 To be fair the reveal is from the marketing material of a Lego Certified Store, not TLG.
    Internally TLG seems to have done a thorough job stamping out leaks, but the Certified Stores in various countries now seem to be the main source of early reveals, either in their calendars or putting sets out early.
    ^Thanks for the clarification @stlux!
    So, is it official now since it's posted on Brickset's database?

mithridate
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058
    I accidentally saw it whilst on my holidays (and not saying where in the world I’ve been). I wrote a lengthy post about it but then thought perhaps I should excercise some restraint given the official reveal isn’t far off.

It looks like the brief was “Take 10197 as your seed, shrink the size and make it fit a seasonal winter town”.

My only concern might be the price. Looked great though. And no, I didn’t grab a pic.
    pharmjoddmcc0gmonkey76snowhitiebrickedinsid3windrkiki180703Baby_YodaOnebricktoomany
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 625
    Switchfoot is going to be so jealous... ;)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    @iso3200 but you could become one of the chosen few... A credible source
    SumoLegotamamahmFollowsCloselyoldtodd33kiki180703Baby_YodaMynattsklamb
    ^Oh no, I'm making a name for myself now!

@iso3200, picture or not, write up or not, I appreciate your comment! Not that I have a lack of it, but it keeps the hopes alive of a great set. 

As I expressed already, I'm pretty easy to please. I think the price concern is one I anticipated already. So, unless it's just crazy, it shouldn't be that big of a mental or financial obstacle. 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,219
    pharmjod said:
    Please apply for your special 'Credible Source' card through @SMC.  It's kinda like the MF Black VIP card, except no giveaways, no bonus points and no card.
    gmonkey76sid3windrjuggles7kiki180703Baby_YodaOnebricktoomanyMynatt
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,131
    I can 100% confirm the announcement will be made on Sunday, September 9th.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,080
    Easy to do these days - schedule a post on FB and you don't even need to have anyone working that day.
    pharmjod said:
    No you don't. Trust me.

Can't wait to see it! :) 
    pharmjodsnowhitieOnebricktoomany
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 899
    I can 100% confirm that...the set in question...will be made out of Lego.  I'll see myself out now...
    SumoLegogmonkey76560HeliportRonyarBitsyww2Baby_YodaOnebricktoomany
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,457
    SumoLego said:
    Please apply for your special 'Credible Source' card through @SMC.  It's kinda like the MF Black VIP card, except no giveaways, no bonus points and no card.
    So, exactly like the MF Black VIP card? Except for the "no card" part, then (after a few months).
    SMCgmonkey76Baby_YodaOnebricktoomany
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    iso3200 said:

It looks like the brief was “Take 10197 as your seed, shrink the size and make it fit a seasonal winter town”.

Why did lego number two popular sets 10197 and 10179. I've just spent two minutes trying to work out how an MF will fit into a winter village ...

omniumdmcc0M_BossSwitchfoot55Muftak1SumoLegoBaby_YodaOnebricktoomany
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,058

I did think I might skate loosely around more details, but didn’t want it towering over my conscience.

In retro spect, maybe I shouldn’t have posted at all, but as Henry Adams once wrote, “All experience is an arch, to build upon”.

LostInTranslationeMJeeNLstluxpharmjodSwitchfoot55Bumblepantsbandit778WhiteDovePeteM
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,080
    A skating pond created through use of a fireman's hose? (ooer!)

I'm also guessing it'll be retro in style, and have a tower built over an arch which spans the fire engine bay.

:) 
  • ToymakerToymaker Member Posts: 19
    edited September 2018
    ^ So we can infer that the set includes a skating rink, some sort of  (practice?) tower, a postbox and an arch feature ... all in a retro style!

Incidentally, what sort of holiday brings you accidentally into proximity with unrevealed Lego sets? The mind boggles...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,769
    There are already a couple of skating scenes, in #10216 (2010) and #40107 (2014). So 2018 ...

iso3200
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 625
    iso3200 said:

I did think I might skate loosely around more details, but didn’t want it towering over my conscience.

In retro spect, maybe I shouldn’t have posted at all, but as Henry Adams once wrote, “All experience is an arch, to build upon”.

Just brilliant. Kudo's to you. :)
    Switchfoot55
    jmeninno said:
    I can 100% confirm that...the set in question...will be made out of Lego.  I'll see myself out now...
    LOL :D
    jmeninno
    CCC said:
    There are already a couple of skating scenes, in #10216 (2010) and #40107 (2014). So 2018 ...

I don't mind a skating scene every 4 years... :) Personally I would love that to be a set of its own, skating rink like central park complete with park scenery and maybe a townhall ...
    ReesesPieces
    iso3200 said:

I like it! Just enough, but not close to enough. Are you a professional teaser? :/ 

This delayed reveal has ended up causing me a bit more torture than I had anticipated as I told my 6 year old the set would be revealed around the last week of August. He now asked me every morning before school, ever afternoon after school, and ever evening before bed if they've shown pictures of the set. A Fire Station is not enough to calm his imagination! 

gmonkey76sid3windrstlux
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,690
    I've stopped into my local store to see if they needed help building any upcoming sets. While they said there might be some new sets in back they can't do anything until the official announcement. Oh well at least I tried.
    bandit778LittleLoriOnebricktoomany
    edited September 2018
    So one day left huh? What time zone do they reveal on?
    I've noticed that they've released sets on [email protected] Australia on their AEST release date, which is before it's the correct date in the UK and US. Reveals probably work differently, though.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    So one day left huh? What time zone do they reveal on?
    Sunday 9th Sept @ 10.00 EDT (Enfield) / 15.00BST (London)
    Is there a specific Lego site where they do the reveal - links? 
    It's up on Instagram's #legoleaks tag. Bit thin but the architecture is nice and the auxiliaries are magnificent (except for that awful tree). Something's been blacked out as well, although it might just be a hand on the box or something.
    SeanTheCollector
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    I really don't like it, and that makes me sad. :(

Take away the fire truck (which I really do like) and and I don't think it even looks like a fire station, plus that tree design is awful for an official set. Definite pass for me, which is a shame as I love the winter village theme.
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 585
    Just browsing on [email protected] and noticed all the winter village sets are no longer listed, even the Winter Station which was released last year! This cannot be typical as last autumn I purchased the Toy Shop (2015) and Winter Station (2017) as additions for our Winter Village which consisted of Santa's Workshop (2014) and Winter Train (2016). I can understand them retiring the Toy Shop but seems too sudden to retire the station (and train)...
  • milambermilamber Mayenne, FranceMember Posts: 631
    edited September 2018
    No fire engine in that leak? Really? On the strength of that picture it would be the first time I haven't bought a Winter Village set on release. It looks very weak and the architecture is a real departure from the rest of the theme. More like a modular and simply a facade of one at that.
    If that's genuinely it, it's very disappointing
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    I’ll wait until I see a review before making a real decision but at the moment based on this single photo I’m unimpressed.

It just doesn’t seem ‘christmassy.’

If this set was City, it would fit. 

Just reminds me of all the City advent calendars, which I don’t buy.

But I’ll wait until the official reveal before making a decision.

As above - this could be one I don’t buy.
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    You're right it does feel more like a city set than the winter village line. I really hope this isn't the start of a new direction for the winter village line, as this set doesn't really fit in with the style of the previous sets.