Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Checking Brickset's parts list then buying a set based on that?

ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts.Member Posts: 193
Does anybody else check Brickset's parts list, then buy a set solely based on that? I've been doing that a  lot lately.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,206
    Typically If I like parts from a set, I just get the parts I want, it typically is far cheaper for me this way.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,224
    I try hard not to buy a set for the parts unless I can get it at a discount that comes out to 5 cents per part or less. But I’ve been in mass accumulation mode for a while. If I had specific needs for MOCs, I agree it would be cheaper to just buy the needed parts.
    Also, Brickset’s part inventories tend to be missing a few things; I’ve found BrickLink to be more complete. 
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,390
    I frequently buy sets for parts, but normally checking BL by doing a "part out" to check the value of the parts I am buying and the ones I am likely to sell off. If I need to sell off more in value than I am wanting, I tend to just buy those parts on BL instead. Whereas if I want a lot of the set, or the main parts I need to sell on are minifigures (which is easy), then I'll buy the set.