Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10263 Winter Village 2018

Comments

• BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 127
    Well, a remake of the Cottage would be better then a Bakery/post office remake. Hopefully it is another cottage/house building but not a remake. And hopefully there's another old car.
    Baby_Yoda
  • BrickchapBrickchap AustraliaMember Posts: 127
    In saying that, a post office remake would be OK as I could just take off the white tiles, icicles and change the plate underneath and finally have a post office for my non winter city.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,228
    I agree. If it's another cottage, it'd be nice if it had completely different architecture and design so that it could appeal to those with the original. Not that I have it...
    BrickchapmadforLEGO
  • JoeysGirlJoeysGirl Heartlake CityMember Posts: 11
    Is there any credibility to the one person's post on eurobricks who mentioned it could be a remake of the cottage? I honestly think that's so far fetched, given how large/expensive that set was and how it's only been 6 years since it was first released...
    BumblepantsBrickchap
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,572

Well, definitely not what I was hoping for if it ends up being true. But I'm sort of committed at this point, so I'll buy whatever it ends up being...

Fingers crossed it's a groundless rumor though!

BrickchapOnebricktoomany
  • MattyodellMattyodell UkMember Posts: 10
    Could they know that lots people who don’t usually buy Lego collect the Christmas sets? I have a few friends that own them and nothing else.
     In that case it would make sense to have a small number constantly in rotation. If the set was too obscure it may not entice new buyers. 
  • jonmdudleyjonmdudley GermanyMember Posts: 23
    I started collecting at the cottage so personally I would prefer the PO or the bakery, but if it was the cottage I would not be upset other than the truck if it was the same. 
    Also I wish they would come out with things like the medical market again because with changing the roof bricks it can fit well into the WV theme. 
  • WhiteDoveWhiteDove AustraliaMember Posts: 69
    Yes or if they make any Hogsmeade or Diagon Alley buildings they could also fit in nicely. 
  • milambermilamber Norfolk UKMember Posts: 481
    I think the Hogwarts Great Hall has potential for a large medieval style Christmas banqueting hall. Might need a couple of sets, which I have, so I'll experiment nearer the time
    Switchfoot55snowhitie
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    If it is a somewhat straight remake of the cottage (that is the same but certain parts no longer made would be changed), that would not be that great IMO. However, if they were to do it and include an alternate build for it to make it different than the first model (i.e a 3n1 type of set) I think that would be acceptable to many.

While other shops would be neat to see, another home type of set is a bit overdue IMO. I think even a ski lodge would be OK, as it could be a place for guests to stay, but also be another Winter activity site that would fit with the theme.

^ On top of that, a 2-in-1 set would sell much more due to completionists wanting to build both models.
    sid3windr
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    More comments on eurobricks stating that it is NOT a cottage. 
    Switchfoot55
    With the Cloud City set being announced and available for early order on 9/13, and the store calendar clear that there are TWO exclusive sets that will be released that day, is it reasonable to expect the set will be revealed in the next few days?

Understandable that they won't drop the second set the same day as Cloud City so both get their spotlight. But I'm dying to know what it'll be!
    LostInTranslation
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    I wonder if the 2018 winter village set will include a roller coaster. I guess they could recolor the chassis in brown and design some reindeer coasters. And for the building they could use the gingerbread house in minifig scale...
    560HeliportCM4Smustang69WhiteDoveBrickByBrickcaterham7kiki180703ravendragonwing
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,452
    Yeah and this winter I'm going to pop down to my nearest village and have a go on their huge coaster they installed especially for winter...
    sid3windrSwitchfoot55SumoLegodavetheoxygenmanoldtodd33Bumblepantsdmcc0mithridatekiki180703
    alexwil said:
    Sorry guys, I don’t usually propagate rumours; this one looked legit because the place I saw it has in the past been accurate, and, well, winter village is my favourite theme and I guess I kind of panicked!! Emotion took over!

Here’s to an announcement soon... hopefully this week... I think there has been a precedent of two important set reveals within one week, hasn’t there?!
    alexwil
    ^ The MilF did overshadow the Joker Mansion, from memory.
    JAFAFOL
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,350
    alexwil said:
    "Remember, the white mouse will NOT explode!"
    gmonkey76
    Ohhhhh!! So we should be worried after all!!!! 
    Is there any precedent set that announcements happen on a certain day of the week? I feel like, looking back on previous official announcements, and yesterdays Cloud City announcement, they come on the same day of the week. 

With a couple of weeks left to the 13th, maybe it's possible that the WV announcement won't come until the 28th?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 737
    Given some of the stick CC has been getting on here, TLG may want to announce the next WV set quickly as a distraction!
    Switchfoot55Baby_Yoda
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    Am I the only one considering winterizing #31077?
    Am I the only one considering winterizing #31077?
    Definitely not the only one @Russell844! The FIRST thing I thought when I saw it was, "I need two of those to MOC into my WV!"

...unless this year's WV set is a Sweet Shop. Then I'll go that direction.
    I'm still hoping for a gingerbread house. Is that what others call a sweet shop?
  • ToymakerToymaker Member Posts: 19
    Well, we are truly living through unprecedented times, everyone...it's August 23 and never before has a Winter Village set been revealed later than August 22.

Last year was the Thursday before the UK August bank holiday (no particular reason why that is relevant to a Danish company of course), so maybe today or perhaps Cloud City pushes it onto next week.
    CM4S
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    I was convinced we would hear something today! Guess not! :(
    in the discussion of winterizing sets my big goal with a Lego city is to do this. To change scenery with the changing of the seasons. of course it could be a bigger task than I think it is but it sounds like it could be fun at first.  
    ^ You'd have to constantly change the actual content of the city by replacing buildings and vehicles, otherwise it'd get mundane after a few years. I can't personally imagine going through a huge Lego display and making the same four big changes every year.
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 216
    I've been changing seasons on my Detective's Office since I got it. Will probably start doing it with it's new companion, Brick Bank as well, although I'm wondering how that will look as a lot of the bank is already white.
    I imagine that I would want to change the landscape of my city as I see fit, but I just meant that it would be an interesting way to keep the city fresh. 
  • LegoPrincessLegoPrincess United StatesMember Posts: 14
    Ok, I'm just dying to know what the set is this year. I follow intently every year around this time and have been collecting since the first set in 2009. I'm beginning to worry - are they not going to make a set at all???
    CM4SJoeysGirl
    As anxious as I am too, i don't think there has been any indication that there won't be a WV set this year. 

Based on my "announcements happen on Tuesdays" theory, I'm waiting for Tuesday to come and go before I start wondering more. 
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 268
    Winter Village Sledding Hill? Winter Village Inn? Winter Village Car Lot? Trying to think of winter things.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,835
    I would not mind a nice Winter Village Fire Station with an antique fire engine.
    CM4SBrickByBrickAyliffecatwranglerkiki180703
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,452
    Winter village hot tub? Winter village chilli house? Winter village sauna? Winter village fire risk?
  • LegoPrincessLegoPrincess United StatesMember Posts: 14
    I know it would never happen, but I would have died for a Winter Village Church - what could be more Christmasy and perfect for a village than that. But since that wont be possible, it would be cool to have a small winter village street with a corner cafe or bakery, complete with a lamp post and a horse with sled... 
    JoeysGirlBrickByBrickcatwrangler
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 930
    ^ have you seen the mocs by @Mouseketeer ? They are AMAZING
    I know it would never happen, but I would have died for a Winter Village Church - what could be more Christmasy and perfect for a village than that. But since that wont be possible, it would be cool to have a small winter village street with a corner cafe or bakery, complete with a lamp post and a horse with sled... 
    I'd love to see a winter village church too. The whole village would finally be complete if it had the church. And Christmas doesn't exactly exist without the "church" either so it's just a necessary building all around IMO. :D
    oldtodd33
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    The Winter Village theme does not NEED a church at all but the architecture can be pretty cool if done correctly.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    No, Christmas can't exist without a church. But in absence of that, Winter Village Traffic Jam. Kind of like a Winter Village parking lot but all the cars are running but not going anywhere. 
    starwars4ever
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    It’s a winter theme. If it needs to tie to a particular part of winter, yuletide will do.  So no church required.
    Tkattgmalys1
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    ^^ Actually, yes it can.
    sid3windr
    Brace yourselves. Winter (-village-related religion debate) is coming.
    leego76
    Yeesh. I'm gone for a day, check back in to see 12 new posts in this thread and got way too excited thinking the reveal had happened...
    jonmdudley
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,833
    Yeesh. I'm gone for a day, check back in to see 12 new posts in this thread and got way too excited thinking the reveal had happened...
    You've been here far too long to fall for that. Of course it is nonsense!
    MynattBaby_Yoda
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 424
    Im totally unreligious, but Also decided my WV needed a chapel/church, as seen here during summer in my City setup:

Cant wait to see the new set...
    Switchfoot55KLOKRIECHERmadforLEGOFowlerBricksRakulsklambkiki180703
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 324
    Considering that there is no way Christ was born in late December in Israel, and that the early Christians basically took over the pagan Winter Solstice celebration, Winter Village does not need a church...though I agree that it would look good from an architectural standpoint if it did have one.
    gmalys1Tkatt
  • mdtvandymdtvandy USAMember Posts: 58

What about the Turkish saint whose home appears in the Winter Village? It would seem like that'd imply a particular religious devotion of the members of the community.