Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,944
    I dunno about this Fox and Marvel stuff but maybe we will get a UCS Hellicarrier!
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76SumoLegoUmandraugpharmjodMynatt
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,264
    No way! Does anyone have pictures of the February store calendar! Who works at Lego!
    benbacardiBumblepantsgmonkey76SumoLegoUmandraug
  • MrKettleMrKettle OxfordshireMember Posts: 136
    How do you report spam?
    SumoLegoUmandraug
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,176
    I dunno about this Fox and Marvel stuff but maybe we will get a UCS Hellicarrier!
    Yes!!! - one!! based!!! on!! the!!! Deadpool!!!! Helicarrier!!!!!!!!
    gmonkey76MrKettleUmandraugBaby_Yodadmcc0
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 69
    Speculating about Inhumans, Mutants, etc. should probably be reserved for SDCC in 2023.
    Has anybody seen any leaked pictures of the MCU X-men sets yet? I’m excited to see the MCU X-men sets!
    SumoLegoBumblepants
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 831
    Umandraug said:
    Has anybody seen any leaked pictures of the MCU X-men sets yet? I’m excited to see the MCU X-men sets!
    Say what!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    Oh dear god, no. Not here as well! My brain can't take it!

Anyway, I'm with @SumoLego about the timeline for any new properties coming on board for their film/TV production slate, but presumably the toy tie-ins will come right along with them.

But we might see some comic based sets sooner rather than later now though - like the Flash set for DC we've just had (with Reverse Flash #76098 ). Fantasticar, anyone?
    pharmjodgmonkey76SumoLego
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    I would totally expect to see some comic tie in sets. Especially with X-Men and fantastic four. I can't help but think Marvel will start marketing that stuff again now that it is just a matter of time before it's back in house.
    vwong19gmonkey76MaffyD
    Gotta wait for FCC approval, shareholder nonsense, due diligence assessments, debtholder negotiations... zzzzz... zzzzzz...

And then a whole slate of brand experts, licensing people, marketing gurus, promotions agencies... zzzz... zzzzz...
    FowlerBricks
    Stop bringing all that there sense into our little bubble Sumo! We want to speculate!
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,944
    Toad from X1 in the Avengers finale or we riot! Who's with me!

*crickets*

• Matt89190Matt89190 UKMember Posts: 281
    I'm in a very Marvel mood lately - I built three Infinity War sets last week, rewatched the film the other day, the other three sets are arriving today, I've just ordered the UCS Hulkbuster and I'm going to see Ant-Man and the Wasp tonight.

They're really bleeding my dry! 
    CM4SFowlerBricksBumblepantsUmandraug
    Toad from X1 in the Avengers finale or we riot! Who's with me!

*crickets*

No, West Coast Avengers!

*is promptly banned from the forum*
    560HeliportMaffyD
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 808
    Was finally able to see Ant Man & The Wasp today after waiting pretty much a whole month after it was released in the USA and then ROW - UK really got screwed over on release date with this due to the World Cup, which I pretty much totally ignored until England got a bit further than they normally do. 

Keeping it spoiler free, it was a really good ride and very funny - a return to more Ragnarok tone than Infinity War & Black Panther tone. I was really impressed by how accurate the Quantam Realm Explorers Lego set is in terms of reflecting the vehicle shown in the film.
    Matt89190FowlerBricks
    MaffyD said:
    Stop bringing all that there sense into our little bubble Sumo! We want to speculate!
    Yes, and I'm sure someone will claim to have been 'right' when LEGO produces an X-Men set in 2021.

Speculate away!
    edited August 2018
    SumoLego said:
    MaffyD said:
    Yes, and I'm sure someone will claim to have been 'right' when LEGO produces an X-Men set in 2021.

Speculate away!
    *makes vague prediction that can be interpreted as right no matter what actually ends up being released*
    SumoLego
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,264
    I bet that there's going to be at least one Marvel set released sometime next year. You heard it from me first!
    Umandrauggmonkey76MaffyDSumoLego
    I'll do you one better. I bet that there's going to be at least one Avengers set released sometime next year - you heard it from me first!
    Baby_Yoda
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 223
    There'll probably be a wave of five or so sets (excluding polybags) for the next «Avengers» as well, just like the three previous films. I hope to be able to avoid pictures of them before seeing the film, because even though I expect Black Panther and Spider-Man to return, it would feel a bit disappointing to see them jumping about alive and well on the box art ahead of the film's release.
  • greatballpitgreatballpit Vancouver, CanadaMember Posts: 84
    Matt89190 said:
    I'm in a very Marvel mood lately - I built three Infinity War sets last week, rewatched the film the other day, the other three sets are arriving today, I've just ordered the UCS Hulkbuster and I'm going to see Ant-Man and the Wasp tonight.

Thanos snapped his fingers and half of your wallet disappeared?
    MaffyDJ0rgenSumoLegoBaby_YodaVorpalRyu
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 636
    MaffyD said:
    I'll do you one better. I bet that there's going to be at least one Avengers set released sometime next year - you heard it from me first!
    I'll do you one better, Why is Ga..... Oh that's not where you were going with that...
    J0rgenBrixfan02SumoLegoBumblepantsBaby_YodaMaffyDVorpalRyu
    Matt89190 said:
    Thanos snapped his fingers and half of your wallet disappeared?
    The way my wallet looks, I think Thanos was in 'West Side Story'.
    gmonkey76catwranglergreatballpitdmcc0VorpalRyu
    Is anyone else reserving their panic that the Marvel Bricktober sets will disappear into the ether?
    vwong19FowlerBricks
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 402
    Yes, a little bit. Actually been toying with the idea of just getting them off eBay as I have this feeling that I will be in no position to get to a Lego store when they finally drop
    ^^Yeah it's the only one I still need and I'm hoping we get word of their release soon. If they were to wait until Avengers 4 is in theaters I'd probably have caved and bought one already. Hope it's available in the next few months.
    SumoLego
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,178
    @SumoLego - I gave up yesterday on any hope of a US release and caved into buying one off of Bricklink. If there is a US release in the future, then I won't mind getting a second set, but I want some insurance in case this is ultra rare in the US and prices escalate even more as supply gets exhausted by desperate Marvel collectors like myself.
    SumoLego
    (Wong!)
    vwong19kbwBrickByBrick
    SumoLego said:
    (Wong!)
    I do have an affinity for that Wong figure.
    kbwSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 716
    It could be that their contract with Disney won't allow them to release them in another manner? Hasbro (who holds the master license for Marvel and Star Wars) is pretty anal about Lego releasing minifigs as anything but accessories to building sets. Perhaps Lego is just renegotiating the terms of the agreement, as they were produced for a specific event with (presumably) strict rules of deployment? 

I wish I would have thought to get extras during the promotion to pass around. It's a great little set. It never occurred to me at the time that Lego might not have a backup plan to release them to their larger markets.  
    BrickByBrick
    Promotions are but a blip on the collective LEGO radar.  And definitely not the fodder for license negotiations.

The figures wouldn't have been produced if LEGO weren't able to sell them how they see fit.  If there were a product that were questionable with respect to action figure nonsense, it would be run by attorneys in advance of development.

I'm sure LEGO could scrap all of these figures, and in terms of production waste, it would amount to nothing.
    stlux
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 716
    SumoLego said:
    Promotions are but a blip on the collective LEGO radar.  And definitely not the fodder for license negotiations.

The figures wouldn't have been produced if LEGO weren't able to sell them how they see fit.  If there were a product that were questionable with respect to action figure nonsense, it would be run by attorneys in advance of development.

I'm sure LEGO could scrap all of these figures, and in terms of production waste, it would amount to nothing.
    The figures can be given away, but they cannot be sold like this. My only question is if this particular promotion was limited to the Bricktober event due to any specific clause in the licensing agreement here. The in house Ninjago set and the Harry Potter sets both quickly found a new outlet for a wider release. 

The most likely scenario (imho) is that Harry Potter had the hype around the new FB film at the time of rerelease, and Ninjago has no foreseeable 'event' on the horizon and Black Friday was as fine an occasion as any other, so those two sets found quick release. They're likely just holding off with the Marvel set until the next Marvel film hits cinemas. Who knows what's up with the JW set (is there another of those films out next year?). 

I want to say that I can't see them simply scrapping the remaining product though. I suppose that's always a possibility, but I'd assume they intend to get it in the hands of fans and loyal collectors, even if only to foster goodwill. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,434
    SumoLego said:
    Is anyone else reserving their panic that the Marvel Bricktober sets will disappear into the ether?
    Well with the news from thebrickfan.com reporting that the Marvel bricktober set will only appear in Canada for North America. Not real happy about that, considering it is likely that TRU commissioned packs for the US before they went belly up. I'm still holding out hope that just because it was was 'bricktober' set that it was not only destined to be out this year, and that they make an appearance in some other retailer, if not LEGO, at some point in the near future somewhere. Despite having Wong and White Wolf, I'm not going to 'pay a lot for this muffler!'
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 254
    I was mainly excited about that set of figs. Lego needs to figure something out for the US
    edited December 2018
    klinton said:
    ...even if only to foster goodwill...
    Um, you might want to review the Black VIP card discussion for a better informed position on how LEGO handles goodwill and collectors.
    klinton said:
    They're likely just holding off with the Marvel set until the next Marvel film hits cinemas.
    They're not holding an essentially discontinued item for another six months.  This makes no sense.  LEGO gets product out there through their channels and oftentimes they don't coincide with movie releases.  Solo polybags surfaced months after the movie was out of theatres.
    klinton said:
    The figures can be given away, but they cannot be sold like this.
    I don't mean to be blunt - but that is incorrect and misinformed.  TRU regularly sold Bricktober sets after the promotion period.  There is no franchise or license violation for minifigure packs.  Licensees don't fight over what an action figure is or isn't or how they sell or distribute the product.  They all have advance notice amongst licensees to ensure there isn't confusion over what products fall under their agreements.  It mystifies me that this action figure infringement argument surfaces from time-to-time.

It reminds me of those that are convinced LEGO monitors the secondary market and somehow profit off of the private resale of sets.

Could there be a warehouse of these sets in Nebraska?  Sure.  Could they all end up at Geoffrey'sToy Boxes?  Sure.  Could they have gone back to LEGO amd they'll be sent to Big Lots or Five Below?  Sure.  Does LEGO really care?  No.  Maybe they re-route them to Canada and elsewhere as those sets are exclusive to TRU.

gmonkey76stluxmadforLEGO
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,475
    On a side note anyone able to confirm that the JW four pack will be at the LEGO Store on the 14th? I only saw it on another site, but the other info they posted with it was wrong so far.
    Avengers Endgame trailer, hopefully will suggest we should get a Ronin minifigure.
    SumoLego
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 223
    @vwong19 That trailer was perfect! No spoilers, just picking up where we left off. Will have to try to avoid seeing longer trailers and LEGO sets ahead of the film, as I want it to be as fresh as possible when I watch it :)
    SumoLegoOrmskirkBricks
    The trailer was amazing, if somehow we don't get a Ronin minifigure I'll be upset. 
    SumoLego
    vwong19 said:
    Avengers Endgame trailer, hopefully will suggest we should get a Ronin minifigure.
    I want an Ant-Man sketchy brown van.
    vwong19J0rgenVorpalRyupxchris
    I think the Avengers 4 trailer should have been Luis summarizing the events of infinity war ending with "but I got the van!"
    SumoLegoBumblepantsVorpalRyuFowlerBricksstarwars4ever
    I enjoyed Kevin Smith’s reaction to the trailer. I can appreciate the fanboy that he is. 
    SumoLego
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,261
    I think the Avengers 4 trailer should have been Luis summarizing the events of infinity war ending with "but I got the van!"
    The last thing before Endgame releases, a short featuring Luis where he recaps all the events leading up to Endgame, starting from the Incredible Hulk...
    BumblepantsBOBJACK_JACKBOBBrickByBrickFowlerBricksBaby_YodaSumoLegopxchris
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,791
    I want a Derek figure from the Thor shorts. He survived the decimation so i think os throughly deserving of one now. 

I am very hyped for the new film from the trailer it gives you a sense of what it to come. Without, like a lot of films, giving away the entire plot. I am excited to see what they do with the Ronin character for hawkeye. 
    SumoLegoBrickByBrick
    @Redbullgivesuwind - do you mean Darryl?

How do we know he survived the Decimation?
    BrickByBrick
    edited December 2018

@SumoLego
    He's busy working Sundays
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
    Huh.  You'd thunk that the Grandmaster would have paid rent in advance.  Or that Darryl could have sold that bust of the Grandmaster for a pretty penny.
    BrickByBrickVorpalRyu
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,791
    @SumoLego yes i meant Darryl, Derek is his brother. 
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 831
    edited December 2018
    Possible avengers endgame and spiderman set names (possible spoilers)...

Do you guys think this is legit? If it is, I'm very curious about the 3rd on the list.
    vwong19
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,640
    @ReesesPieces I heard that all those 'leaks' were faked. Not sure how legit that rumor is though.
    ReesesPieces
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 808
    Seems pretty unlikely that they would focus a set on war machine - that's what nullifies the rumour to me, at least for now