SumoLEGO Bonusball Bonanza! (July 27, 2018)

2»

Comments

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,823
    Thanks for hosting, will read the answers later but want to make surei get mine in on time too ;)

Although I've not got anything to say... Never been in a TRU (not seen them here). But I've got find memories of trying to chase down TRU exclusive minifigs, does that count? ;)
    SumoLegostluxbandit778SeijiAmasawaLego_Star
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 703
    I don't know exactly when TRU arrived in the UK but they certainly weren't around when I was a kid. I just used to love taking my daughter in and letting her scoot around the store annoying other people when she was a toddler.
    SumoLego
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,216
    I saved up several hundred dollars so I could purchase almost the entire Monster Fighters theme shortly after release. I happened to be going to Melbourne around the same time, and as there's no TRU in Tasmania, I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy everything I wanted from there. In hindsight, that was a terrible decision financially...
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAFowlerBricksSumoLegostluxSeijiAmasawa
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 327
    My fondest memory was taking my kids to collect the free giveaways TRU used to do. There were two TRUs close by so I'd usually take them to both stores. My kids weren't always into the theme of the giveaway, which would lead to complaints about being dragged to the toy store to get LEGO for Dad.
    stluxSumoLegodavetheoxygenman
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,179
    edited July 2018
    Never been to a TRU as there's none close to me, but have over the past couple of years always been eager to find out what the Bricktober figs would be.
    From time to time they have good promotions on exclusives which I then ordered online; hopefully that will continue under their new owners here on the continent.

Thanks for hosting @SumoLego!
    SumoLegoSeijiAmasawasnowhitieLego_Star
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280
    I got 3 $99 dollar sets during a buy 2 get 1 free promotion.
    SumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,263
    A recent memory of the new TrU they built in Reading last Christmas. At the grand opening my daughter and I walked in and saw the R3-M2 polybags on the shelf. Grabbed a handful at £3 each along with some other bits and went to the till. The checkout operator couldn't get them to ring through so called the manager who said they weren't in the system and not for sale. I showed him the photo of the price tag and they honoured the purchase. As we left they were loading the GWP into a basket to clear the shelves of them. They returned a few weeks later at £5 or free with £15 buy.

SumoLegostlux
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Stacking multiple offers especially a pricematch. Taking ages to work out the best combination and then never knowing if the cashier was going to allow it. There were a couple of occasions when I felt I'd robbed them.
    SumoLego
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 699
    Sheer joy and awe...
    SumoLego
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,108
    edited July 2018
    I didn't really discover Toys R Us until I was at University because there actually was one there I could go to. The toy shop of my youth was a much much smaller independent and well over 100 miles away.

First memory that sticks out was practically camping outside awaiting fresh deliveries of Tamagotchi, then the Star Wars Galactic Heroes excitement regularly for the latest ones for my brother, and then Disney Cars die casts, long before I got back into LEGO, though I've never considered myself as having a dark ages. I loved getting a £5 off a low-mid range brand new LEGO set with my Gold Card vouchers, I did that often.

I'm just entering this one for the nostalgia, really miss you already TRU!

Thanks for hosting @Sumolego, I love that little set, of course, because Geoffrey is covered in stars. :o) And he's the coolest giraffe around.
    SeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitieSumoLegocmrt1014
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,108
    Tonight's bonus ball was 10 so I believe that makes @Russell844 the winner. Congrats! :o)
    snowhitieBaby_YodaSumoLegoRussell844Mr_Crossstluxcmrt1014ravendragonwing
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 984
    Baby_Yoda said:
    I saved up several hundred dollars so I could purchase almost the entire Monster Fighters theme shortly after release. I happened to be going to Melbourne around the same time, and as there's no TRU in Tasmania, I thought it would be a good opportunity to buy everything I wanted from there. In hindsight, that was a terrible decision financially...
    I don't think TRU over here even had the Zombies did they? 
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,861
    (Nope!)
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,216
    ^^ Almost the whole theme. I missed Zombies entirely (didn't know they existed until it was too late) and I didn't end up getting the Vampire Hearse, and the Haunted House was out of my budget no matter what. Other than those, though...
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,861
    edited July 2018
    For those keeping track here is the official list:

1.   @eMJeeNL
    2.   @Bumblepants
    3.   @Shib
    4.   @paul_merton
    5.   @oldtodd33
    6.   @Gibbo1959
    7.   @jmeninno
    8.   @bandit778
    9.   @Matt89190
    10. @Russell844
    11. @benbacardi
    12. @kez
    13. @starwars4ever
    14. @Switchfoot55
    15. @monkeyhanger
    16. @alldarker
    17. @iliketoast
    18. @hoodaddy
    19. @Fowlerbricks
    20. @historyman
    21. @Legoboy
    22. @jansc
    23. @Mr_Cross
    24. @cmrt1014
    25. @BillyBricks84
    26. @Muftak1
    27. @TheLegoMaster35
    28. @TheFew
    29. @MugenPower
    30. @GoodCoffeeJoey
    31. @khopewosin
    32. @terfsten
    33. @BrickByBrick
    34. @dannyrww
    35. @SeijiAmasawa
    36. @Bricklover18
    37. @M_Boss
    38. @legomatt
    39. @mak0137
    40. @gmonkey76
    41. @carnage717
    42. @SprinkleOtter
    43. @nychomastone
    44. @MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    45. @Pitfall69
    46. @DB361
    47. @vwong19
    48. @TheOriginalSimonB
    49. @snowhitie
    50. @donutboy
    51. @Baby_Yoda
    52. @Tkatt
    53. @stlux
    54. @devilhead
    55. @Speedman29
    56. @sukh
    57. @redarmy
    58. @Lego_Star
    59. @SumoLego

I concur that @Russell844 is the BonusBall Winner - Number 10!

PM incoming!
    Lego_StarShibRussell844Mr_Crosssnowhitiebandit778stluxcmrt1014kiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Aww, and here I thought 42 was always the answer. ;)  Congrats @Russell844
    SumoLegoRussell844Mr_CrosssnowhitieBaby_Yodastlux
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    I never win, but that is why I am Pitfall. I just enjoy the game :)
    Mr_CrosssnowhitieSumoLegocmrt1014