Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Your License to Build will be mailed to you shortly???

I ordered the James Bond Aston Martin which shipped last week, then just now I got this email:

Your License to Build will be mailed to you shortly.

We originally planned to include it with your LEGO® Shop order for the James Bond™ Aston Martin DB5 - 10262, but Q hadn't quite gotten the finishing touches done in time.

Your license will allow you to build and deploy your new Aston Martin DB5 in covert operations. Do try not to scratch the car this time!

Best wishes,
LEGO Customer Services

So...does this mean the building instructions are not included? Is that what "license to build" is?

Comments

• ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    No the instructions are in the box you will get them!  The Licence to Build is a credit card sized style 'driving licence' that has a picture of the kit and some key stats on the back.  They did the same thing for the early London Bus purchases last year.  I bought the kit instore and they gave us the cards there and then.  Odd how they are sending them out later as the cards have defiantly been produced.  Maybe they had a batch where they forgot to pack them or the warehouse has run out and they are doing a second run.
    77ncaachamps
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    James Bond™ Aston Martin DB5 - 10262 License to build card?
    Say hello to MF Black VIP card!  We can hang out for a LONG while before shipping!!
  • FASTER345FASTER345 Member Posts: 20

Thanks for the response. LEGO just replied to me via email that indeed it's a card:

Thanks for getting in touch with us again.

You will still be able to build the James Bond™ Aston Martin DB5 without the Licence to Build. The building instructions will still come with the set. The Licence to Build is basic a card that represents a driver's license. If you have any further question feel free to reach out to us. Happy Building!

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    I don't have a License to Build... I've been breaking the law for the last 45 years?! Is my CMF series 18 Classic Policeman going to arrest me?
    SprinkleOtter
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 247
    Does card number matter? 

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    ^only if it's 007
    77ncaachampsSprinkleOtterArpie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,472
    Arpie said:
    ... Odd how they are sending them out later as the cards have defiantly been produced.  ...
    I’ve noticed a lot of people being defiant lately. Maybe that’s why the DB5 has stirred up such controversy ;-)
    Baby_YodaArpie
  • BoomstickBoomstick IndianaMember Posts: 247
    I have #51 and #332
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    Boomstick said:
    Does card number matter? 

It's not the number that matters, it's what you can do with it. ;)
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 685
    ^ "That's what she said".....for some reason I felt a giggling Michael Scott giving me a nudge in the back to say that.
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtter
  • ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    Arpie said:
    ... Odd how they are sending them out later as the cards have defiantly been produced.  ...
    I’ve noticed a lot of people being defiant lately. Maybe that’s why the DB5 has stirred up such controversy ;-)
    Oh auto correct how did we live without you lol.  Still for all we know the person who did the print run on these may have been feeling defiant at the time, particularly in the choice of photo Lego went with!
    Astrobricks