Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

007 Aston Martin official LEGO?

Comments

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 489
    @omnium I think that’s actually the lego designer arriving in time for the signing event...money saving cost cuts means freight flights are cheaper
    BumblepantsMr_Crossomniumstlux
  • LegoofmeLegoofme CambridgeMember Posts: 19
    I waited for a bit to watch them open it and it was a big black box inside
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,691
    bluedragonSumoLegoMr_CrossdavetheoxygenmanBumblepantsdmcc0SeijiAmasawaSlapNuts
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,490
    edited July 2018
    Is a deconstructed meme still a meme?  Alas, poor Yorick!

@Bumblepants... clearly something is awry.  A Buffalo Bills Bandana in London?  Not possible - this probably is Toronto.  Who is this man!?!?!?
    BumblepantsSwitchfoot55
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 942
    SumoLego said:
    Is a deconstructed meme still a meme?  Alas, poor Yorick!

@Bumblepants... clearly something is awry.  A Buffalo Bills Bandana in London?  Not possible - this probably is Toronto.  Who is this man!?!?!?
    Did London outlaw drills because they resemble handguns and look scary.
    SumoLegoPapaBear
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,079
    ^ I think he's using a screwdriver because he wants to remove a screw, not drill a hole. :)
    SumoLegoAstrobricks
    edited July 2018
    Baby_Yoda said:
    ^ I think he's using a screwdriver because he wants to remove a screw, not drill a hole. :)
    Stick with building plastic bricks.  Stay away from power tools.

Didn't realize I had to be more specific stating using a drill with a driving bit tool attachment. 

SumoLegoPapaBear
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,490
    1265 said:
    He is wearing a Buffalo Bills Bandana.  Not normally a sign of massive intellect, but of poor decision-making.
    gmonkey76BumblepantsSwitchfoot55
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 100
    so it's the Skyfall DB5 rather than the Goldfinger version. apart from the machine guns in the lights, i don't recall seeing any of the other gadgets being used in the movie.
    I seem to remember there was a joke about the ejecter seat while M was sat in the car.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,386
    SumoLego said:
    1265 said:
    He is wearing a Buffalo Bills Bandana.  Not normally a sign of massive intellect, but of poor decision-making.
    like wearing the bandana inside out, and backwards.

Mr_Crossstlux
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 100
    is that an actual minifigure in the background, or just part of the Big Ben mural?
    I would of much preferred the original Goldfinger DB5 vice the Skyfall DB5.  Nonetheless, I'm a James Bond fan and will purchase this set.

If only TLG makes the Golden Gun..........I'll be all over that.

• FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 637
    Here's some (not great) photos of the back of the box.  Looks like there's actually a decent bit of functionality built in there!
    Bumblepants1265SMC
    Fizyx said:
    Here's some (not great) photos of the back of the box.  Looks like there's actually a decent bit of functionality built in there!
    Sweet!!  Much better than anticipated. 
    Mr_CrossBumblepantsgmonkey76omniumGothamConstructionCostluxSumoLegosnowhitie
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 907
    That is an uninspiring looking box. Wow! Reminds me of the first UCS sets, the monochrome artwork does nothing for an already quite dull looking model. I'm sure the designers' hands were tied somewhat by the license but there's nothing making me want this set currently.
    I'd buy it on a heavy discount for parts, but without some other (as yet) unrevealed feature/s I won't be getting it.
    Is anyone thinking Daniel Craig will make an appearance as it's the Skyfall DB5? Does that work for any of the promotional partners involved?
    gmonkey76
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 777
    It's so... dull.
    Just seen it built, looks a lot better than the box art depicts it.
    omnium
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,548
    Legoofme said:
    Just seen it built, looks a lot better than the box art depicts it.
    Are you queued up at the event? If so please keep the posts coming.
    Mr_Cross
    Yeah I’m here, shall do. We found out there’s a special guest coming
    omnium
    ^ my money would be on Ben Whishaw, given the 'Q' mug and glasses.
    The word is it’s money penny
    Mr_Cross
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,030
    Are there many people there?
    ^^ my penny was on the wrong money!
    BumblepantsLegoofmeJern92
    About 30 odd
    Jeez....
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 403
    Ironically I'm in London for work today, but don't think I'll be able to make it to Leicester Square - at least not before 3. But keep the updates coming... maybe it will get me off the fence about the set!
    BumblepantsomniumMr_Crossstlux
    stluxomniumBumblepantsMr_Crosssnowhitie
    7 of these given out
    Mr_Cross
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    Lol @CapnRex101 :-) 
    Just arrived. Queue’s pretty darn long!
    omniumMr_Crossstlux
    Are the doors open? Are some of those people just waiting to get in? That's a surprisingly long queue otherwise.
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    Mr_Cross said:
    Are the doors open? Are some of those people just waiting to get in? That's a surprisingly long queue otherwise.
    There’s a separate q just for the store which is opening at 10.10am, that q is for the signed product
    Mr_Crossstlux
    Random breakfast tomato spotted in the queue. Yes, I’m scrabbling for things to do already.

Mr_CrossSD449stluxBumblepantsLegoboybandit778snowhitie
    OK. Some of those gadgets are quite cute... I'm warming to it.
  • willp2003willp2003 Member Posts: 86
    edited July 2018
    It's on [email protected] now. Loads of pics. Not sure I like it enough to spend £130 though. 
    Mr_Cross
  • ScatterbugScatterbug WalesMember Posts: 109
    Is this available in other Lego stores for VIPs or just online?
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,181

Got a meeting in an hour. No chance of getting in though.

Theres a video wall showing the features. Ejector seat roof sort of hinges and slides back. Would have been the perfect place for a pneumatic ram to fire it out!

stlux
    The reviews here on brickset and on new elementary make it much more appealing to me. I'm going to want a few of the new parts!
    omniumstlux
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,305
    SD449 said:
    Mr_Cross said:
    There’s a separate q just for the store which is opening at 10.10am, that q is for the signed product
    These James Bond jokes ...

It is a shame they didn't put the right number plate on the real car. It looks like some random person has parked their DB5  in front of the store.
    Astrobricks
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 722
    Mr_Cross said:
    The reviews here on brickset and on new elementary make it much more appealing to me. I'm going to want a few of the new parts!
    I was always going to buy it. For me, I was trying to decide whether to bother queuing up for it. As I'm typing this from home, clearly the answer was no! :-)
    Mr_Cross
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,118
    Mr_Cross said:
    Those animations demonstrating the features of the car in the New Elementary review are great! Still not sure about the look of the car, but very tempted now to buy one.
    Mr_CrossomniumLegoboyFizyxbeemo
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,428
    Mr_Cross said:

Saw one today with a pic of Jango Fett balanced on a hairy leg and I just thought "Don't tell him! Lie, tell him it's a mandalorian and fleece him. No, flay him, him and his horrid legs." Sadly, someone had told him in the comments already.

Sorry if the hairy legs belong to any of you here, but if they do, dude, I don't need to see them, take a photo somewhere else, please, I'm going to have nightmares now!
    Imagine if one of the hairs got trapped in between the torso and legs? Whoever bought it just got a bit of hairy leg DNA!