Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hello All!

ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
Hello Brickset Forum,

My name is Arpie and I'm looking forward to getting involved with this Lego community.  

My Lego story is fairly standard, I loved the stuff as a kid and had a large mixed box of the stuff (no keeping sets separate!).  During my teenage years it fell by the way side and then early twenties lack of money and then time kept me from the hobby.  It was Lego Dimensions that got me back into the hobby, my wife and I love to play the Lego games together so we thought the toys to life concept was perfect, I also thought it would help scratch the Lego itch.  It failed spectacularly, as it was a fantastic game we both enjoyed together and made my Lego itch worse!  So in mid 2016 my wife promised me Assembly Square for my next birthday, of course this was too far away so I started to buy a couple of kits 'just to get back in the swing of things'.  Since then the addiction has just grown and I've already amassed a worrying number of bricks.

Since getting back into the hobby I've found Brickset to be an invaluable resource.  The comment section has always been full of pleasant debate and opinion that seems to avoid the usual internet comment section excess.  It lead me to the forums which I have read but not participated in for a while now so I thought I would finally jump in!

omniumThe_RancormadforLEGOBumblepantsM_BossBaby_YodaMAGNINOMINISUMBRA

Comments

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 704
    Welcome! Yes, your story sounds all too familiar around here :-)
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 548
    edited July 2018
    Good to meet you! And I would like to think the same about the quality of comments and debate around Brickset so that's great to hear. Have you and your wife gathered every gold brick in the game on Lego Dimensions? (I still haven't and it's become psychological warfare).

There's tremendous power in Creator Expert models for drawing in, retaining and rekindling interest in Lego as a hobby. The most important question is - have you left Assembly Square assembled or are the parts back in a mixed box?
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,423
    Hello! Welcome to the forums! Please jump right in!
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 223
    Watch out for the modular buildings, once you start with one, you're bound to want to pick up all of them, and some of them can be quite pricey! Welcome!
    Bumblepants
  • ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.  @The_Rancor yep she remains assembled and sitting pride of place in my office.  @M_Boss I've already succumbed to them! I managed to snap up Pet Shop and Palace Cinema before they retired and have slowly worked my way through the rest.