Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Elsewhere] Amazon.it: #10212 Imperial Shuttle at 155£ / 186 Euro

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    Imperial Shuttle back down again, but not quite as low as before. It's now 199.49 Euro's. (23% reduction)
  • rasmustalirasmustali Member Posts: 85
    2 IS arrived everything is perfect except one of them has hole at the back. Should I contact amazon and send pictures?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6896311109/
    The outer amazon box is fine so the box must have been damaged before they sent the item.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    ^^ yes. My QAR from tescos was like that, and one of the bags was burst. Some bits may have fallen out.
    They sent you a new item or just refund?
    I couold have got a refund, but I just opened it as I only wanted it for parts.
    They are offering 15% refund (27€) or new item. What would you guys do?
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    ^ is it for opening or resale? If for opening, money off. If for resale, new item. In my opinion, anyway.
    Can anyone tell me how many bags the set has. Just to check all of them are in the box before I start building.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    On amazon.es they are currently selling the Tower Bridge for 160€! I've just ordered one plus the QAR for 89€!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,742
    edited March 2012
  • shannon26shannon26 Member Posts: 24
    Hey guys, So I also got my delivery of the shuttle from Amazon.it today and the packaging box and Lego box were damaged, in fact the Lego box also has a hole in the top.

I want to contact Amazon.it about it and see what I can do but i'm having a difficult time in doing that since the site isn't very English friendly.

How did you guys go about it? Can I just send them a email in English and that will be sufficient?

Cheers.
    edited March 2012
    use google translate and send it in english with the italian translation underneath. Between the two of them they should work out what you mean.
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 908
    Let me allow Family Guy to teach you Italian in a few seconds. This should solve your problem.

• SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    ^ LOL
    edited March 2012
    Lol, I was thinking of just writing anything and seeing there response, could have been interesting (-:" Hopefully I got it sorted, typed up something in Google translate and sent them the translation. Didn't think of sending the English version through as well though )-:' Shall see what happens.

Hopefully it was just a once off as I don't want to be put off from snapping up more bargains in the future.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    If you need any more help I'm a native speaker..
    exactly same damage as mine, hm. Anyways I sent them letter in english and they offered refund, discount or new item. I took 15% discount.
    edited March 2012
    Thanks AvengerDr think I got it sorted though.

Yeah at first they wanted to send me a new one and I would have to send this one back but becuase I allready had the set to build and this was to store I figured I can keep the damaged box for the model I built and replace the new sealed poly bags in my original box that I opened and when it comes time to sell it, it will still be new but box opened to verify contents.

So in short I opted for the 15% to, as usual I was trying to decifer the emails and I assume it automatically gets credited, have you received your refund yet?
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    ^Shipping can be quite an pain from Japan.
    Otherwise, you should order in large quantities from a dealer. I can send only 4 or 5 at once, 10 max, depending on how much amazon.jp will let me order from them. For one thing, the heavier the package, the less you pay per kilo.
    But you see, the yen did fall a bit from other major currencies. Plus, they did discount the Hayabusa from 4420 yen to 4118 yen.

On another note, I did place an order for a couple of them for another Bricksetter. I can't tell you who for apparent reasons.

Depending on how much you order, we can swap them for the Town Hall :-)
    Hey there! Has anyone assembled it yet? I just bought some new shelves and I am in the process of building them. Is anyone able to confirm its length? Is it 71 cm tall from the base?
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    it is huge!
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,152
    My 10212 has just arrived from Amazon.it via wherever it came from in the UK. The Amazon box has taken a hell of a beating and the inner Lego box is a bit creased too on one corner. Annoyingly I paid 209 Euros for it and it dropped to 198 Euros the day after I ordered it (it's still at that price now). Any chance of seeing your sample letters to Amazon.it? As i'm opening mine to display (but still expected a mint box to carefully open, for possible future resale), i'd take the 15% but how did you's come to being offered this discount? What did you ask them to do in order for them to offer you the discount, did you ask them to replace the order and collect the parcel?
    Supersympa: Jeez - didn't think it would tower over the Deathstar like that! I already have a 10188 Death Star also.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,379
    ^yep, that picture gives it even more of a wow factor as the DS is an epic set in its own right.
    My trigger finger is getting itchy.....
    Display it with the wings unfolded and by doing so, remove one possible shelf or display it with the wings folded and have one more shelf for more legos? Decisions decisions :D
  • morbiczermorbiczer Member Posts: 50
    it is huge!
    Damn you, I thought it would be much smaller. It's becoming harder and harder to resist ordering it.

Especially since amazon.it a few has other cheap Star Wars LEGO items, such as Battlpacks for 9.95 EUR. Ordering those on their own is not worth it due to shipping, but if I buy the shuttle, with combined shipping its not an issue anymore.
    edited March 2012
    I'm ordering another today and sending my busted one back for refund. I pity anyone who receives the one i'm sending back. It's heavily dented, burst open at one end, and it looks tampered with - like it might already be a customer return. Will Amazon completely check it out and offer it at a reduced price, or just stick it back on the shelf for the next unfortunate person who orders one?

They gave me the choice of them posting another or giving me a refund. I've asked for a refund and i'll order another in the meantime - the replacement will probably come quicker that way and the replacement will be 12 Euros cheaper.
    Good thing I ordered mine yesterday, so I won't get your beaten up one. :)
    edited March 2012
    Could anyone measure how tall it is from the base? In cm.! :D
    AvengerDr: literature says it's 71cm from base of stand, shorter if on it's landing gear with the side wings folded up. Would love tomotorise the wing deployment - I read somewhere (maybe this forum or FBTB) that someone has done this.

New one ordered and is packing now (hopefully that doesn't mean it is being drop kicked all the way to the City-Link van!

Morbiczer: Should arrive way earlier than Amazon estimate if you're in the UK - these are coming from a warehouse in the UK.
  • MolicanMolican GermanyMember Posts: 29
    @monkeyhanger: Where do you live? Outside of Italy? If yes, did you have to pay for the return shipping? Or is it free, the same as when I order and return it within Germany? And did you send it back to a location in your country?
    Morbiczer: Should arrive way earlier than Amazon estimate if you're in the UK - these are coming from a warehouse in the UK.
    I am currently based in Belgium. Amazon said 2-3 days, anything faster than that would be already unreasonable :).
    It's very unlikely theyre coming from the UK, thats just where Citylink tracks them from when they land here.
    Molican: As the item is faulty it will be returned at Amazon's expense - they will email me a prepaid label.

SidorkingSurreyUK: Well they posted it and half a day later it's location is in Milton Keynes heading to City-Link's nearest distribution hub. I'm pretty sure they posted it from within the UK. No postal documentation on the outside to suggest it's been anywhere other than the UK such as customs info etc.
    My second Shuttle is is Citylink's system after being picked up from Milton Keynes about 2 hours after I ordered it. I do feel a bit robbed paying Amazon.it to ship it on the assumption it comes from Italy rather than coming from the UK and staying in the UK. It'll probably be delivered to me on Thusday after reaching the local (Newcastle) depot tomorrow for next day delivery.
    I got sent home from work early today - after the announcement our place of work is closing in 3 years time, they let us have the rest of the day off.

My "good" shuttle is due to arrive tomorrow, and so as the old and battered one's box is burst open anyway, I thought i'd build that one with my unexpected 2/3 of a day off and substitute the bags from the "good" box to send back. Just in case there are any bags missing from the first shuttle, I took a photo of each one so I can determine what was missing when I get the other one. It's about 60% built now - this thing is huge! The wings seemed a little under reinforced, so i've added a few extra black peg couplers in various places. On one bit I got to, one of the long pegs didn't meet up with the hole in a 1x1 block and so I had to move some pegs around. I triple checked the instructions and what I did - the instructions appear to be wrong, the alignment was one plate height out. There is a lot of white shade variation going on. Some seem pure white, some seem ice-white (bluey tinge) and some seem creamy white. Not all pieces of the same type are the same shade either. Don't know whether it's a complaint point or whether it gives the shuttle that authentic "weathered" look.

Shuttle's window is missing so far, 24 unopened bags present in the box.
    Well it is finished. It is gigantic, so big in fact that I might have to move a shelf above the sideboard in the computer room for it to sit on the sideboard (it will fit under if it is in its "landing" position. So many shades of white here, generally the rounded end technic arms are pure white and everything else is creamy white. It is so fragile - if you so much as look at it wrong something falls off. Grip/clutch seems quite poor on many of the pieces used for the body, which adds to the fragility.
    I got mine last week also from amazon.it. According to the printed receipt it was shipped from France (just as the Death Star I bought a few weeks ago from amazon.es).

Sadly monkeyhanger's comment about different shades of white is true. Otherwise I am really happy. Really impressive size, nice display model.
    see this thread for the reasons why its got different shades of white - its a different material
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/3960/is-this-the-first-chinese-made-brick
    Don't think that's the reason. Some really simple bricks such as 1x6 bricks are affected: some are really shiningly white, others are a little creamy, as if the brick would have been in the sun for a while. Same type of brick.

Nothing really major, but you do notice it when you look at the model from close.
  • dunc8543dunc8543 Member Posts: 138
    Back on Amazon Italy 205 Euros delivered to UK
    My "Good" shuttle didn't arrive. They didn't attempt delivery - it was supposedly supplied to the wrong courier by the warehouse it originated from, and they refunded me. Unfortunately Barclaycard imposed a foreign currency transaction fee of about £4 on the purchase and another £4 on the refund, so I am £8 down on a non-attempted delivery - thanks Amazon. They say they cannot refund the transaction fees. They are sending me a replacement out so I can keep a less battered box and send the new set back in the old box.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,379
    Just ordered the shuttle and maersk train for £243 delivered, that's less than the UK RRP for the shuttle, I knew there had to be some benefits of us being in the EU :)
    The saga of my experience with amazon.it might be coming to an end. The battered box set went back after I received a replacement attached to the original order. I had to pay for the return myself and claim a refund. The cheapest I could send it cost me £33. Yesterday they acknowledged receipt of return and refunded me 1.98 Euros (how? You'd just about be able to send a large letter to Italy for that, not a 5Kg consignment!). I'd done everything I was supposed to like include a copy of my shipping invoice in the parcel etc. One snotty email back to them later and they will now refund the difference. Not sure what the Amazon.it policy is on what they do with the returns. Assuming they may put it straight back out into circulation beware - there may be a unit with a very battered and open box out there if you order one.
  • rmarkworthrmarkworth GermanyMember Posts: 87
    My shuttle arrived damaged, too.
    But I'll keep it, for I'm gonna build it and it was quite cheap, so it's ok...
  • PlaugePlauge Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for the Amazon.it tip, there is some € to be saved by shopping there.
  • ThegoThego UKMember Posts: 264
    My shuttle arrived today in excellent condition. Can't wait to build it!
  • fseyyadfseyyad Member Posts: 8
    I ordered Maersk train and shuttle on Sunday evening from amazon.it. They arrived today in perfect condition ( exactly same packaging that amazon.co.uk would use ). first appeared on tracking at milton keynes, so no sign that they were from Italy.