Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 666
    edited May 2018
    After about 5.30pm this evening my LEGO status will be whatever I want it to be!  Final assessment of my part-time degree course later this afternoon, and once it's done I'm free to build/sort/whatever til my heart's content. (apart from work/kids/wife etc. obviously! - and assuming I pass everything).  Might finally get to reduce the unbuilt pile; or rather make room for some replacements in the unbuilt pile;)
    ricecakeomniumJenniAddicted2Oxygensnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,717
    Baby_Yoda said:
    SumoLego said:
    I think I've made a lot of progress...
    Perhaps you'll find the top of #70620 among all that mess. I mean, if it were someone else's basement, you'd have no trouble.
    You can just make out the sand green bricks in the bag immediately below Emmet's chin...
    Baby_YodaSprinkleOtter
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    I think I've been thoroughly traumatized by all the stickers on #75885. The end result is great and I managed to get all the stickers on pretty straight but still. I dunno if I want to ever get another Speed Champions set. If only they would include an extra sticker sheet. That would be so much better since you'd be able to fix messed up stickers.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 952
    ^ Have you tried using a pair of tweezers?

...get some with an angled end, really helps when applying fiddly small stickers.
    FowlerBricks
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,460
    edited May 2018
    Lego should not require surgical techniques to apply stickers.
    How can you possibly "play well" with stickers.
    The person at TLG who invented stickers should be taken out and shot.

Lego status: Hate stickers. :)

gmonkey76Mr_CrossPapaBearMegtheCat
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 741
    I completed my first ever set of CMFs this weekend. I was in Swanage and the toy shop there sells them opened and identified for £3, so you can pick the ones you want.
    I've never completed a series of CMFs before, I've not tried. But this time, saying as I was only missing Cactus Girl, I thought I may as well get her.
    FizyxSpeedman29Mr_Cross
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    @bandit778 Man bricks and pieces orders shipping to California takes about six weeks now. 
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 362
    edited May 2018
    Just ordered #31084 Pirates Rollercoaster for €64 on Amazon :)
    msandersjnscoelho
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2018
    eMJeeNL said:
    Thanks for posting this. I've been eagerly awaiting the release of this set. My son wants it for his birthday (beginning of June). It's 95 Swiss francs on lego shop (cheeky Toys r us have listed it for 110 francs in the local store!). The Amazon de price works out at 69 francs delivered so 25 francs saving already!!! Yeah! Thanks again. I really want another 2 copies to make the alternative builds!
    sid3windr
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 287
    edited May 2018
    eMJeeNL said:
    Thanks for telling us! Because of you I decided to buy 2, and instead of 179.98€ ([email protected] price) I spent 140.30€, already with shipping.
    PapaBear
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 362
    edited May 2018
    @msanders & @jnscoelho ; my pleasure. Please let me know where to send the invoice. 

;)

Mine will only be delivered next tuesday, even with the (optional and free-trail) Prime selected. Well, guess that serves me right for ordering abroad (even though Germany is only 30kms away...)

@SirKevbags : That is absolutely amazing.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    If you look closely you will see that the legs on the Friends girls proved to be a little bit tricky but thankfully @Salamalex managed to sort them out! 
    FizyxSalamalexLostInTranslation
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,208
    Few weeks back we went to a Star Wars Day LEGO exhibition that was organised by a local businessman. It was the UCS MF and loads of other sets laid out in his office with free snacks and some competitions. Turns out we won the SW quiz, LIttle Miss Speedman is taking Mrs Speedman back to his office to collect the prize. I can't remember what we've won though!
    GothamConstructionCoMr_CrossomniumFowlerBricksVorpalRyusnowhitieBaby_Yoda
    Sounds like you won a UCS MF!
    Switchfoot55Speedman29Mr_CrossVorpalRyugmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    Do I get a black VIP card with it I wonder though? I've heard the exclusives are well worth it @SumoLego
    SumoLegoMr_CrossVorpalRyu
    Yeah, the Y-Wing 'Poster', is sooooooo... worth it.
    BumblepantsMr_CrossVorpalRyuMuftak1gmonkey76BrickByBrick
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,423
    ^EXCLUSIVE Y-Wing 'Poster' ...don't sell yourself short!
    SumoLegoMr_CrossVorpalRyu
    I suppose we are redefining 'exclusive' as a concept.  If it means it is available to people not possessing a black VIP card, then sure!

Is super-duper-magic-fantastic EXCLUSIVE!
    VorpalRyu
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 772
    Well, they redefined 'poster', in my opinion... On the other hand, I don't have a black VIP card, but I got the 'poster' anyway, so maybe I should shut up...
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
    Well, they redefined 'poster', in my opinion...
    Yes, but the poster still stinks.  (As an exclusive for an $800.00 purchase, anyway.)
    VorpalRyugmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 772
    My LEGO status right now... heading to the LEGO store at Mall of America and hoping to get some new CITY Arctic! I was on vacation last week, so I'm pretty much broke... but I've got $20 in VIP points and a $10 gift card. I really want that quadcopter...it needs to be motorized, though!
    SumoLegoFowlerBricks
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 118
    Only a couple hundred to go and then the UCS Falcon will be mine! How am I going to get it home? That is my biggest issue. I'll have to wait for an empty bus. That's going to be fun.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,968
    Off out on a day trip to a mystery location... 

GothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationFowlerBricks
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 884
    Thinking of grabbing the Ninjago Dock set, but my wife's not going to be very pleased with it. :(

• snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,806
    @recce don't give it to her and keep it for yourself then ;)

@Legopants enjoy!
    LegopantsMr_CrossBaby_Yodadmcc0
    It's pretty full here - there's a Star Wars event on this weekend.

Here Obi-Wan appears to be about to decapitate an unsuspecting park visitor... 

stluxLostInTranslationFowlerBricksMr_Crossdmcc0
    Cornetto anyone? 

LostInTranslationomniummessyFowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoSeijiAmasawaMr_Crosspiratemania7
    edited June 2018
    snowhitie said:

Lol. Bought it!

If I didn't report back in the next hour or 2 it means I'm dead.

BumblepantsstluxsnowhitieFowlerBricksFizyxMr_Crossgmonkey76ricecake
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 741
    My status... getting annoyed by [email protected] constantly removing my Bricks and Pieces order from my basket. I've kept a log of what I added this time, to save me hunting through their crappy website each time.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    My status: impatiently waiting for my freshly ordered TRON set even though I just ordered it last night.
    VorpalRyuPumpkin_3CK5
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    Recce said:
    snowhitie said:

Lol. Bought it!

If I didn't report back in the next hour or 2 it means I'm dead.

Right its been three and a bit hours. ..when does the search party begin?
    BumblepantsstluxFowlerBricksMr_CrossmsandersReccegmonkey76
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,108
    edited June 2018
    Are you actually searching for @Recce or just trying to find his LEGO hoard for yourself?
    stluxFowlerBricksMr_CrossReccegmonkey76SprinkleOttersid3windr
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    Shib said:
    Are you actually searching for @Recce or just trying to find his LEGO hoard for yourself?
    You got me! I get first dibs haha.
    msandersRecce

stluxGothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksLegopantsricecakesid3windr
  • LittleLoriLittleLori CanadaMember Posts: 122
    Home from the TRU build today and now watching the Ninjago Movie 
    FowlerBricksMr_Cross
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 250
    edited June 2018
    Well, the release of #42083 Bugatti Chiron made me plonk down the cash for...the #42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. :D

I'm 32, and I haven't bought a Technic set since I was about 16? But these sets are gorgeous.

As nice as the Bugatti is I can't justify spending that much without discount, so with the Porsche due to retire soon, and with a nice 30% off on Amazon UK, I went for that instead. The Bugatti can come later! 
    BumblepantsFizyxPapaBear
    edited June 2018
    Recce said:
    So that means now I have to live in constant fear that she may find out one day. Maybe I should tell her. 
    I once had an 'I forgot' stash of gifts for my lovely Wife.  One day it was discovered.

Although my sisters-in-law admired such foresight - I no longer have such a stash.

So good luck!
    SprinkleOtterVorpalRyudmcc0snowhitieRecceFizyxgmonkey76Addicted2Oxygenricecake
    Think I worry too much, since she's not Lego savy she wouldn't know which is the latest addition nor will she differentiate among the over 2000 sets (big and small) in the house so I think I'm good. :D
    dmcc0SumoLego
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 666
    ^same tactic here (although not quite the same amount of sets).
    Recce
    Fathers day here in Switzerland. Received Back to the future BrickHeadz! Love them. Gonna watch the film later with my son who's never seen the films.

LittleLoristluxsnowhitieFowlerBricksMr_CrossMegtheCatMaffyD
    edited June 2018

He made some bottle-top fridge magnets as well with Papa on them.

LittleLoriGothamConstructionCoKerre