Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Digital Designer 4.3.11- Anybody else having issues?

Aquaras3141Aquaras3141 BackspaceMember Posts: 2
For whatever reason, some time last week my version of Lego Digital Designer stopped working. It says that there is a graphics driver failure, and that LDD caught an exception in the OpenGL display driver. I've tried putting LDD into compatibility mode, but it doesn't let me past the initial loading screen- the loading bar doesn't even move, and if I minimize the window and bring it back up, it all turns black. Lego has officially discontinued tech support for LDD, so forums are my next best hope.

Does anybody have any solutions to this? I've seen somewhere about re-installing my graphics driver, but I'd like some second opinions before I do anything crazy.

Thanks!

Comments

• Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,242
    edited May 2018
    Hm, I've had a similar problem before. A game on Steam behaved much like as you've described. I looked it up and went into the game file's Properties where I entered a command (given by the dev) that forced it run off DirectX version 9 as opposed to version 11. I'm not sure whether that's the same thing here, what you would enter and where you would enter it but my point is you could try reinstalling DirectX. I'm not knowledgeable enough to say whether that's actually relevant, but it's worth a shot.
  • Aquaras3141Aquaras3141 BackspaceMember Posts: 2
    I'll definitely keep that in mind, but I'd like to see if anyone else is having problems with LDD itself.

Much appreciated for the advice, though.