Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys Я Us Deals

Comments

• KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 105
    A couple items of interest I saw at TRU this week were still more at 15% off than regular price at Walmart.  Meh.  Only things remotely worth it were remaining poly bags.  I never see sales on those except rare clearance price at Walmart.  But 15% still wasn't worth it for the ones I already have.  Other than a couple minor reasons, I'm not sad to see TRU go from a Lego perspective.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,172
    ^ Yeah, I caved and picked up a SW microfighter at $8.49, and the Ice Tank poly #30427 for $4.67, not realizing they had jacked the regular price up to $5.49. I got one at regular price of $3.49 at Target a while back.
    LEGO is 20% off at Burnsville. I picked up a #70618 Destiny’s Bounty (last one I could see)  and a #21039 Shanghai. 
    juggles7
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Yeah, I broke down and bought the last #70616 Ice Tank at 20% off.  Last of the Ninjago Movie ninja mechs I needed.  That's what I get for not buying before Christmas when it was on sale.
    juggles7
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 182
    Mine was also 20% off today, there were dozens of Destiny's Bounties left. But I skipped those for now and settled on a #76108 sanctom showdown. It was the last one or I would of got a couple.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 976
    Mine had about 6 Saturn 5 Rockets, but didn't last long when it hit 20% off
    ^ that's actually what I went there for, i know mine had a few before. I was hoping to see at least one left, but nope all gone.
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 53
    How deep were the discounts in the stores that have already closed, on Lego sets, I'm seeing at most 20% off, is that it? No 30% or more?
  • JBird078JBird078 Member Posts: 5
    30% off started today in my area and I have read it started in other areas as well. 
    Astrobricks
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 228
    I confirm 30% discount at my store as well.
    Astrobricksjuggles7
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,757
    Mine is at 15% off LEGO and 30% off all other construction toys.
    Astrobricks
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 168
    Sunnyvale, Calif. 20% off LEGO. LEGO aisle is small. Surprisingly the store looks very clean. All other stock, mostly 40% off has been moved around to fill shelves.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    Three months into liquidation and just now getting to everyday Amazon prices? Wow.
    gmonkey76SumoLegoFizyxexciter1tomahawkerSprinkleOtterOubird
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 201
    I had trouble passing up $140 Snowspeeders, but I already have a few and I don't expect them to retire soon or perform fantastic out the gate.
    pharmjod
    Burnsville is at 30% discount on LEGO. Couldn’t resist grabbing another #75187, #75172, and a #42063
    Almington
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 68
    My wife stopped by a TRU last night and discovered a locked cage that had not been in the store previously. She came home with #75144, #75159 and #10255. Did I mention I love my wife?
    BumblepantspharmjodsonsofscevaAstrobricksmadejp86MooreFXstlux
  • haydukehayduke PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 53
    30% off in South Jersey too. Got Destiny’s Bounty for $111. They had a bunch of them, as well as boosts and some technics all at standard msrp. I really wish they had a ninjago city.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,190
    hmm... may go over to my local TRU and see if anything is at a good price (for a change)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    Found a Galaxy Squad set at my remaining TRU.  I was going to buy it for nostalgia sake, but it was at full retail price - even after the 20% discount!
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksexciter1MegtheCatFizyxSprinkleOtter
    SumoLego said:
    Found a Galaxy Squad set at my remaining TRU.  I was going to buy it for nostalgia sake, but it was at full retail price - even after the 20% discount!
    How thick was the dust layer on that one?
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 482
    My TRU still has multiple copies of one large Chima set. Also quite a lot of Star Wars sets, all/almost all are marked higher than retail. And a ton of last year's Brickheadz.

I got my first Elves set and the last copy of the Bat Space Shuttle, both of which were 30% off the retail price listed on Brickset.
    Pumpkin_3CK5madforLEGOBumblepants
    SumoLego said:
    How thick was the dust layer on that one?
    It was actually in pristine condition.  I was quite surprised.  The Chima sets remain on 'clearance' at 5% off.  Woo-hoo!  And look like an Ice Elephant sat on them repeatedly.
    AwesomenessSprinkleOtter
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,190
    Still debating about checking my local TRU for any good deals. Would not be horrible to find exclusive sets like mods on a sale deal, even if only 10% off of retail.
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 68
    Still debating about checking my local TRU for any good deals. Would not be horrible to find exclusive sets like mods on a sale deal, even if only 10% off of retail.
    The Assembly Square set I got had the $10 TRU markup but was a full 30% off, so $203 before tax. Death Star was also 30% off. I just passed on a Joker Manor this afternoon, and I'm kicking myself for it now.
    juggles7
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 340
    ^Even before the discounts hit, the 2 TRUs nearest me never had any of the huge/expensive sets in stock, so I doubt I am missing anything by not visiting these stores. 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,388
    edited May 2018
    ^You could be surprised. Stopped by my local TRU today, and they had about 30 #70620 Ninjago City on the shelves. LEGO was 30% off. Some of it was originally retail price, but most was came up TRU markup first. Didn't scan the city because I already have one, and already had to much to take home on the bus. Besides the LEGO down from 4 rows to 1, the store was still well stocked with everything else. Signs were posted up to 50% off store wide.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 746
    I stopped by our toys r us that usually don't carry big sets but saw 8-10 Taj Mahal sets.  It was marked 30% off of 370.  I was very tempted but I was with my two boys who would have definitely told their mother of i had bought it.
    Awesomenesseddiew77ncaachampsBillyBricks84Jenni
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^You could be surprised. Stopped by my local TRU today, and they had about 30 #70620 Ninjago City on the shelves. LEGO was 30% off. Some of it was originally retail price, but most was came up TRU markup first. Didn't scan the city because I already have one, and already had to much to take home on the bus. Besides the LEGO down from 4 rows to 1, the store was still well stocked with everything else. Signs were posted up to 50% off store wide.
    Was that the Niles store? I had seen pictures on Reddit that showed something similar at that TRU. I'm not really near there, though, and I figured that if I did find some time to make it out there, I would be out of luck.

I ended up stopping by the closest TRU to me, but as suspected, they had nothing worthwhile. They still had a lot of smaller sets left that I would be interested in if the % off dropped to 50, but as of now, nothing. I did pick up a Women of Nasa set, but when I realized the RRP was marked as $27.99, I put it down. 
    SumoLego
    BillyBricks84 said:
    ...but when I realized the RRP was marked as $27.99, I put it down...
    Other than the occassional poly or CMF, that's always my experience at TRU.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,388
    Was that the Niles store? 
    No, it was the on in Chicago on Western.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287
    I found a buildable Jango Fett for $13.99. Near mint box. 
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    Grabbed a Technics 6x6 Tow truck, Mack truck. and CLAAS tractor for TRU in Florence, SC. All 30% off regular MRSP.  They still had a Bucket excavator, several air racer jets, and Heavy lift helo's in stock.
    Awesomeness
  • micbeltmicbelt baltimore, mdMember Posts: 11
    Would love to find a Ninjago City or Taj Mahal at 30% off
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 166
    edited May 2018
    gmonkey76 said:
    I checked there a few times in the past few months, but never saw anything worth grabbing.  An extra NC at 30% off is an interesting proposition though...
    gmonkey76
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,084
    By the way, Florence, SC said that they were closing 30 June.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    For any Dimensions fanatics, we got a PS 4 starter pack with the exclusive Super Girl figure (mixed in with the other PS 4 starter packs) for $20.
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    red237 said:
    For any Dimensions fanatics, we got a PS 4 starter pack with the exclusive Super Girl figure (mixed in with the other PS 4 starter packs) for $20.
    Flipppppppppppppppppppppp
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 672
    Grabbed the Joker Manor for $189. There was a few of them on the shelves at my local store.
    gmonkey76 said:
    I checked there a few times in the past few months, but never saw anything worth grabbing.  An extra NC at 30% off is an interesting proposition though...
    Or if someone wants to pick one up, drive it out to Crystal Lake, charge me what you paid, and be treated to a lunch at Portillo's or Tracks, that would work for me. 
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 918
    Local TRU had pretty much nothing left, #60153 for $27.99 and a few random DC Girls and Elves sets.  Passed on all.
    Drove a half hour to check out the Maple Grove store. Only a tiny amount of LEGO left and still only 20% off according to the signs. 
    Just cleaned the TRU Amherst Store out of Royal Talons and Friendship Flowers.  They came up 50% off.

And yet another Galaxy Squad sighting...
    madforLEGOFowlerBricksSprinkleOtter
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    Mine didn't have much other than Friends and the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon set, but I grabbed a 31066 Space Shuttle Explorer for $21.
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Guess 30% was the tipping point for my store.  I’d say 2/3 of section was wiped out this weekend
    SumoLegoMynatt
    Guess 30% was the tipping point for my store.  I’d say 2/3 of section was wiped out this weekend
    Which really isn't a good deal for frugal LEGO purchasers.  Once you account for the TRU tithe.  Just about all of the sets can be had elsewhere for less.
    Fizyx
    edited June 2018
    Cleared out Henrietta TRU of their Royal Talons.  But this little treasure is still available...

MegtheCatBumblepantsSprinkleOtterMynattstarwars4everFizyxFowlerBricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 723
    Hey, that's a cool set! Have you seen the legs move? It's really creepy... pun intended!
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,850
    That is easily one of the most ingenious builds LEGO put out in the last 10 years. The leg motion is truly fantastic.
    SprinkleOtterFizyxecmo47
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,710
    Great set. It was even better when all GS was half off that Christmas it came out, but still...
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    all the mall TRU Express stores are closed in my area