Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Unikitty sets/blind bag figures

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,847
    @obi_g That list is pretty useful in terms of increasing the chances of getting the unikitties one wants. What would be even more useful would be for someone to create a similar list but with the exact location of each inkitty. Then a second person to do the same to see if the locations of the unikitties are consistent between boxes. It'd be great to be able to find a new box and pick out a specific 12 packs and know you're getting unique ones.

I guess the upside of the bags within bags is that people can sell/trade unikitties that have been identified but still not touched with human hands. Maybe we need a marketplace thread specifically for people to trade unikitties with each other. Each person could purchase 12 then be matched with other people to offload duplicates with each other.
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    edited May 2018
    I’m not sure if I’ll be opening all 60 of mine or not yet - hell, haven’t even had time to open one at present!  If I do, I’ll be working through in order.  Box wasn’t sealed but looked untouched and had 60 in, 20 in each row - stock was showing as 118, and the other box had some bags poking up, so I assume only 58 in that box.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,354
    CCC said:
    ...then surely they could do the same with the CMF...
    Umm... Mr. Gold?

And we shall never speak of this again.  This is a bad idea that does not need to be suggested to LEGO.
    BrickByBrickpharmjodgmonkey76davetheoxygenmanMynatt
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 707
    I definitely think it would hurt sales on CMFs if they made it impossible to feel for specific figures. TBH I probably wouldn't have bought every series if I couldn't feel to guarantee a full series no duplicates
    pharmjod
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,442
    SMC said:

I find it remarkable that I haven't seen what the inside pack looks like yet give how Lego crazied we all are.
    These are a very small product and more of an impulse buy so most people will open them with little thought for photographing the packaging, but since you asked... 

FizyxstluxLostInTranslationmithridateLittleLorisnowhitieFowlerBrickskiki180703
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,158
    Was looking at buying a completed set of these, like I normally do with CMFs, but I haven't seen anything from the minifig sellers about them, and the only sets on E-bay are like $100 + 30 shipping (rofl).  I'm sure it's just a function of how new they are and prices will come down soon enough (probably a LOT based on the reactions I've seen here), so I guess it's time to play the waiting game.  I should have known as soon as Bricklink didn't even have a record of them...
    In terms of the value of these that I think is being missed is that kids will mix and match parts of these to make new characters, e.g it'll be very easy to make a soldier puppycorn by changing the face, ears and tail on the soldier unikitty with one of the puppycorns. I know that I'd definitely be doing that with duplicates when I was a kid.

I'm curious to see what the price on these will be if they are sold by LEGO as well-there's a chance that the RRP might actually be £3 but Tesco pricing them a bit higher because of the exclusivity. 
    LostInTranslationstluxLittleLorisnowhitie
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,911
    I definitely think it would hurt sales on CMFs if they made it impossible to feel for specific figures. TBH I probably wouldn't have bought every series if I couldn't feel to guarantee a full series no duplicates
    Kids have managed to buy and swap blind bag collectables for many years without knowing what was in packs. Football and other subject stickers and cards, bubble gum cards, etc. And as noted above, even if you get duplicates, they can still be used to create something new (unlike stickers).

I think trading is part of the "collectable" side. I guess that part is un-adult, but there are plenty of places to do it (here, swapfig,...).
    mithridatestluxLittleLoriAanchirsnowhitie
    Fizyx said:
    I should have known as soon as Bricklink didn't even have a record of them...
    Bricklink won't have a record until someone adds and inventories them. And then they won't release it until the official release day, whenever that is unless they are convinced that they are already out in stores. This can be a problem when they are released in a country outside of the US first.
    stluxFizyx
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    Bricklink can be really slow about inventorying sets. I was looking for the M-Tron torso several months after the Ninjago set it came in released and that set still didn't have an inventory. Finally just got one by calling Lego CS.
    Fizyx
    Bricklink can be really slow about inventorying sets. I was looking for the M-Tron torso several months after the Ninjago set it came in released and that set still didn't have an inventory. Finally just got one by calling Lego CS.
    Yes, it is down to users to do it. And if nobody can be bothered or nobody is parting it out to sell the parts individually then it doesn't get done for ages. Also, and especially if there are a lot of new parts (including minifigs and prints), it can take a long time to get things approved.

They really should use an import from LEGO servers (th emissing parts section) to get the basic inventory done, with any other parts missing from the LEGO inventory including stickers etc added by hand.
    Fizyx
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 197
    So is it impossible to feel for the Arch piece, curvy or round Tail piece thru the two layers of bags? It would help narrow the chances to get certain Kitty's down.

It might be possible to identify an arch, honestly I didn't even try to ID any parts when I'd felt how firm the double bag is.

Also despite the outer bag being bigger than a CMF bag i think the parts have less space inside the inner bag to move which I think would make it harder to feel for differences without mangling the bag/parts
    dehnehsupharmjod
    Out of interest, where did the name come from on this one?

https://brickset.com/sets/41775-9/Alien-Puppycorn

I'd assumed he was meant to be pretending to be a snake or some kind of reptile rather than an alien, although it could be something from the show that I have no idea about. 
  • spicypigspicypig GlasgowMember Posts: 274
    @Shib Yes, 1p more. RRP is £3.49
    spicypig said:
    @Shib Yes, 1p more. RRP is £3.49
    Every Little Helps!
    obi_g
  • spicypigspicypig GlasgowMember Posts: 274
    But the store stuff told me the small box might be overpriced in Tesco. He remember its £9.99 (not 100% sure), not £13 or £14 in Glasgow store. 

SPOILER ALERT - highlight the next bit of text if you want to see it. Puppycorn is an alien!
    JRLflordworkshybum
    Seems the thread about the blind bags naming has been merged here... That threw me for a minute 

LostInTranslation
    Yes, posts then appear out of context!
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    CCC said:
    If they can drop something into a bag, then seal it, then box it straight away, then surely they could do the same with the CMF. After all, they have to drop stuff into the bag, then seal it for those too. If they have a machine to put it straight into a box for the kitties, why not for the CMF too?
    Because the CMFs don't have an extra bag, I guess...
    sid3windr said:
    CCC said:
    If they can drop something into a bag, then seal it, then box it straight away, then surely they could do the same with the CMF. After all, they have to drop stuff into the bag, then seal it for those too. If they have a machine to put it straight into a box for the kitties, why not for the CMF too?
    Because the CMFs don't have an extra bag, I guess...
    Why would they need it?

For kitties: drop parts into bag, seal bag, drop bag into another bag, drop into box.
    For CMF: drop parts into bag, seal bag, drop into box.

The point is, if they drop the unikitties into an unidentifiable bag at any stage, then presumably it must either
    1) be boxed immediately along with the other contents of the box
    2) be stored somewhere identifiable, separate to others for later boxing
    3) be stored but not identified and box contents will be random.

If they are doing either of the first 2, then surely those could be done for CMF as well.

For processing efficiency I would imagine they (outer) bag loads of the same set at the same time, then store them before boxing, with the machine picking out the correct ones from the correct location.

I imagine they do the same with the CMF right now too, given the same locations of the figures in all boxes (S18 policeman comes to mind). So it could well be that the bump codes are now pretty much redundant.

So I just bought a box of Unikitties partly so I could map out where each Unikitty is for targeting if one happens across a complete box. Here's the breakdown where the numbers correspond to the numbers on the included leaflet. The front of the box would be at the bottom of the list.

1        8        5

8        5        3

8        2        2

8        8        2

1        5        5

7        4        5

7        7        3

4        10      3

11      10      3

4        12      3

11      10      12

1        10      12

11      10      12

11      7        6

9        4        6

11      9        6

2        7        12

1        9        6

1        9        6

2        9        4

However... I also pulled out the first two Unikitties from another untouched box to go some way to confirming the order is consistent. Those first two were numbers 12 and 6. So that kinda blows my hard work out of the water. I'd be interested to know if anyone finds if my big list matches their observations. At least there were five complete sets in the box, but Lego really seems to not want people to easily avoid duplicates.

As a result, I do have some complete sets for sale now for £55 including shipping (UK) so PM me if interested. All inner bags sealed. I also posted a pic in Marketplace.
    SMCCCCsid3windrstluxFizyxbandit778snowhitieLego_Star
    Good effort!

Looking at that, they all seem to be very clustered, except 1, 2 and 4.

• omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Classic Space blue apollo studs!!!!
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksMr_CrossKerre
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,055
    1*1 plates in bright green are new too aren't they?
    mak0137ravendragonwing
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 1,010
    This always puzzles me... surely a 1x1 plate (and any other common part) should exist in every colour anyway.
    77ncaachamps
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Yes the 1x1 bright green plate is new.  Still waiting on the 1x2
    LuLego said:
    This always puzzles me... surely a 1x1 plate (and any other common part) should exist in every colour anyway.
    You'd think 1x1, 2x1 and 4x1 bricks should too ... but sadly not.

I wish they had more of those spare unicorn horns in metallic colours.
    The Unikitty prices in Tesco are nuts. The prices for the four cheapest sets are £13, £14, £30 and £35. The US prices for those same sets are $10, $10, $20 and $30! They all look like they should be priced at half that. I'm assuming they will at some point.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I purchased a full set of the figure packs from obi_g, I've built them on my lunch break and absolutely adore them!
    Got some moc ideas in mind to feature a few of the characters. 
    stlux

1        8        5

8        5        3

8        2        2

8        8        2

1        5        5

7        4        5

7        7        3

4        10      3

11      10      3

4        12      3

11      10      12

1        10      12

11      10      12

11      7        6

9        4        6

11      9        6

2        7        12

1        9        6

1        9        6

2        9        4

I'm having Matrix flashbacks...
    CM4SSwitchfoot55AllBrick
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,402
    ^If you sort of squint and tilt your head to the right, I swear you can see Morpheus
    SumoLego
    I'm taking the blue pill.
    Muftak1Switchfoot55SeijiAmasawa
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 524
    SumoLego said:
    <snigger>
    dmcc0Switchfoot55SumoLegoBumblepantssnowhitiemessysid3windrSeijiAmasawa
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,170
    If your MOC stays built for longer than 4 hours seek a brick separator.
    Bumblepantsmessy
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 843
    These do seem to have a lot of useful, newly-colored parts. 
    Muftak1 said:
    SumoLego said:
    <snigger>
    Why is that funny?  Anyway, off to take a bath in a field of flowers with my significant other, who will be in her own claw-foot bathub near me.
    gmonkey76Muftak1BumblepantsMrJacksonSeijiAmasawa
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 503

So I just bought a box of Unikitties partly so I could map out where each Unikitty is for targeting if one happens across a complete box. Here's the breakdown where the numbers correspond to the numbers on the included leaflet. The front of the box would be at the bottom of the list.

1        8        5

8        5        3

8        2        2

8        8        2

1        5        5

7        4        5

7        7        3

4        10      3

11      10      3

4        12      3

11      10      12

1        10      12

11      10      12

11      7        6

9        4        6

11      9        6

2        7        12

1        9        6

1        9        6

2        9        4

However... I also pulled out the first two Unikitties from another untouched box to go some way to confirming the order is consistent. Those first two were numbers 12 and 6. So that kinda blows my hard work out of the water. I'd be interested to know if anyone finds if my big list matches their observations. At least there were five complete sets in the box, but Lego really seems to not want people to easily avoid duplicates.

As a result, I do have some complete sets for sale now for £55 including shipping (UK) so PM me if interested. All inner bags sealed. I also posted a pic in Marketplace.
    Brainslugged I also purchased a box and can confirm the distribution you have posted does not match at all the distribution I have from the box I purchased. Also there are no seals on these boxes.

So another matrix moment. Here is the distribution I have found from a box.

12       3       11

12       3        1

10       3       11

10       3        8

7        3        1

10       6        1

7        6        4

10       6        1

7        6       11

9        6        1

7      12        2

4      12        8

9      12        8

9      10       11

9       7         8

4       5         2

11      5         2

4       5         2

4       5         8

9       5         2

Front of box

Looks like this will not help anyone, as the distribution is totally different.
    DoktorL
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 406
    edited May 2018
    Will try and open all of mine soon and see whether my box matches either listed order, or is completely different again.
    Either way, it looks like if you want to pick random ones, make sure you don't pick sequentially. Although both are different, they both have a high degree of number clustering.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,494
    omnium said:
    Arrrgh! I already want some of the inverted tile with hole... this hobby is really hurting my wallet at the moment!
    omnium
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 246
    We picked up 4 of these when in the Lego store at the weekend and by some freak luck didn't get any duplicates. Thought the figures were really cute and the girls love them.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Mr_Cross said:
    omnium said:
    Arrrgh! I already want some of the inverted tile with hole... this hobby is really hurting my wallet at the moment!
    Well, if it helps, they aren't available from Bricks n Pieces yet ;-)
    Mr_Cross
    I mapped out another box of unikitties and they were completely different to the two matrix trails above so I won't bother posting any more lists of numbers.

I needed to send a complete set out to a fellow Bricksetter, so wanted to find a set of 12 as quickly as possible. I dotted around to try and avoid clusters, but I didn't get a complete set until I opened my 51st Unikitty! I'd have been better off trying to feel as there were 5 of the sitting down green kitty in the last 10 bags - even though those 10 bags were dotted all over the box.

Needless to say I now have a few spare sets so PM me if you need one.
    madforLEGOFizyxFowlerBricksdmcc0
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    Do Lego release the ratios of these characters/boxes?

Today my daughter received her back dated order from lego.co.uk and both packs had angry kitty.

So we took her to Tescos and brought her 5 more pack (she needs 5 to complete the set and in her mind thats all she needed to buy) and she got 5 of the rainbow kitty.

To say she was upset was an under statement.
    Jern92
    There's five full sets of twelve in each box of 60 so you were EXTREMELY unlucky to get 5 the same. Quite often there are runs of the same kitty next to each other in the box so to increase your odds (slightly) of getting different ones, you'd be better off selecting ones from different areas of the box. 
    @SD449 I'm actually interested to know how many youve had to buy to get seven different ones.
  • SD449SD449 Norwich, EnglandMember Posts: 39
    @SD449 I'm actually interested to know how many youve had to buy to get seven different ones.
    I believe it’s 21