Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Iron Spider Modifications

JudgeguyJudgeguy ScotlandMember Posts: 15
Hey, has anyone tried replacing the teeth pieces on the arms of the 76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Iron Spider minifigure with the moulded arm pieces from the 76037 Rhino & Sandman Team-up Iron Spider fig? I am considering buying the old Iron Spider fig to try it but I'm worried that the arms might end up looking too long. 
If anyone has tried this, drop a comment and maybe a picture to show the results
FowlerBricks

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    I have the old Iron Spider and I'm pretty sure the arms would be way too long if you attached them to the poseable arms on the new version.
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 59
    I'm in the middle of doing this, as I feel the "teeth" pieces don't match what I saw on the movie. I'll post pictures of my results when I'm done.
    FowlerBricks
    they look huge, but more accurate than the little teeth.
    Baby_YodaFowlerBricks

Baby_YodaFowlerBricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,166
    ^ It would depend on how you display him. If he's just standing up like in that picture, then ew no; if he's dynamically posed, it might look better.
  • hmnicollhmnicoll Member Posts: 65
    How about replacing the robot arm pieces with part 11090 which is available in gold in quite a few sets, allowing you to still use the arms, just without it looking so long
  • JudgeguyJudgeguy ScotlandMember Posts: 15

Thanks for the pics. They actually look quite good to me despite being too long. The teeth really did not look good.
  • JudgeguyJudgeguy ScotlandMember Posts: 15
    edited May 2018
    hmnicoll said:
    How about replacing the robot arm pieces with part 11090 which is available in gold in quite a few sets, allowing you to still use the arms, just without it looking so long
    Good shout. I might try that with the parts I have and if it looks good I'll hunt for some gold ones.
    Edit: I just checked and found I have two from the 76031 hulkbuster set and there are a couple in 76101 Outrider Dropship Attack which I am meaning to scrap for parts anyway
    hmnicoll
    The idea for 11090, is actually great, I currently don't have any in gold, but I'll keep it in mind.