Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2018 LEGO Inside Tour

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,555
    I don't know for certain either but I also suspect it'll only be available at the House. 
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 481
    Huw said:
    The store is a warehouse. If there's no general shortage st the time of your tour it'll be in there.
    So, if you attend the LIT you can buy your Lego-kicks @ the Employee store? Only if you attend the LIT, or also when attending the Fan Tour? And, are there major discounts to be had?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 897
    eMJeeNL said:
    Huw said:
    The store is a warehouse. If there's no general shortage st the time of your tour it'll be in there.
    So, if you attend the LIT you can buy your Lego-kicks @ the Employee store? Only if you attend the LIT, or also when attending the Fan Tour? And, are there major discounts to be had?
    Lego Employee Store visit is only for full Lego Inside Tour attendees. There are some features of the smaller tour that overlap but it definitely won't be the same level of experience - however I have yet to try the fan tour. There are certainly noteworthy discounts in the employee shop but that's about as far as the description goes. I kind of liked the enigma behind the discount when I visited, in a weird way. 
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 481
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, and I think it's good to have the enigma in place. Was just wondering if there would be any ppl actually getting the tour's worth of discounts out of their visit (but, reevaluating the price tag, i'd take a huge van load of stuff to compensate, even if the discount would be 50%, I'd guess).
    I hope I'll be in the fortunate circumstance to attend one day.
  • jumalichijumalichi Member Posts: 57
    Who is doing the Tour from the 23rd to the 25th of May? 
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,287
    @jumalichi I'm on the May 23-25 tour; arriving in Billund on Tuesday at 09:30. @elleana also confirmed joining the May LIT earlier in this thread.

@SirKevbags Looking forward to see your world record mosaic on the 22nd!
    Bumblepantssnowhitie
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,100
    Back in 2015 a German LEGO friend sent me this image from a Billund grocery store of the LEGO HOUSE set being for sale practially everywhere within Billund.  Has this changed?

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @stlux I'm not 100% sure the LEGO House is open on the 22nd but it is for sure on the 23rd.
    Istokg said:
    Back in 2015 a German LEGO friend sent me this image from a Billund grocery store of the LEGO HOUSE set being for sale practially everywhere within Billund.  Has this changed?
    This was the case when the old version of the Lego House Architecture set was available - even restaurants around Billund had a small stock of it if you asked for one.

Unfortunately in availability terms, I think this is no longer the case with the latest and more accurate Lego House Architecure model. When I visited a few weeks ago, no local catering or hotel businesses had it, even the Legoland Hotel, and it also wasn't available in Legoland. So based purely on my experience it looks like the latest Architecture model of the House is only available at the House itself.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,287
    The story behind the first LEGO house set is that LEGO produced them and gave them to the local businesses in Billund to make up for the building work going on around the LEGO house.

Supposedly the businesses were allowed to set the price of the set and there was an implication that they were gifted to the businesses, although it might have just been sold to very cheap,

Early last year the word was that all the sets had been distributed to the local businesses, so there is a good chance there are none left by now.

The new set is a completely different story - made exclusively for the LEGO House so no wider sales in Billund.
    LyichirAanchirkiki180703
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Istokg I returned from Billund two weeks ago and I'm sorry to say that none of the grocery stores or local establishments has the older Architecture model anymore. I went into a few hoping to purchase one and complete the collection, but was unsuccessful. 

However, the new set is well-stocked at the LEGO House store.

I probably don't have to mention it, but it is a gorgeous building with plenty of activities inside. The underground vault was the coolest part for me. 
    Bumblepants
  • elleanaelleana SingaporeMember Posts: 5
    @LegobrandonCP did you see if there was still stocks of the tree?
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    For those on the first Inside Tour next week, you will get to see the giant mosaic on Wednesday morning. 
    stluxThe_RancordavetheoxygenmanShibkiki180703
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    @elleana Plenty! You shouldn't worry about the stock since the store limits it to two per household.

Safe travels!
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,438
    Early last year the word was that all the sets had been distributed to the local businesses, so there is a good chance there are none left by now.
    At least at the end of August 2017 (which is after early last year) Billund's stores, bakery, hotel etc were still pretty well stocked with the old house (this was 2 days before the new one became available at the Lego House store).

If that changed in the meanwhile then well.. glad I still managed to get one :-)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,555
    Is anyone here going on the 30 May – 1 June tour?

Chris and I will be at the LL Hotel for the fan media days, so if so, we could meet up.
    Lego_Stardr_rock_austluxkiki180703
  • dr_rock_audr_rock_au AustraliaMember Posts: 6
    The long wait is over… Almost! The president from both Bugatti® and the LEGO® Group will be revealing our LEGO Technic version of the Bugatti  Chiron on Friday, June 1st. It’s happening at a special launch event at the new LEGO House in Billund, Denmark. You can follow the event on the day via our livestream. We start at 9:00 am (CET).

Do you think that we will get to see this is we are on the inside tour?
  • LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    I hope someone spills the beans on the exclusive set today! Can’t wait to see what I have to look forward to in September. 
    stlux said:
    Well, I for sure will not tell anybody today or anytime prior to when the NDA expires what I received today.

If anybody else from this week's group does, I will be very disappointed. That's just 1 level up from putting your Insider Tour set on eBay an hour after the end of the tour.
    Oh, wow!  I had no idea an NDA had to be signed. I just assumed it would be public after the first tour. Sorry I asked. 

Hope you enjoyed the tour!
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 532
    2016 Inside Tour participant here. Yeah, you sign some NDA documents at the start of the tour. I don't recall the Inside Tour Set being specifically mentioned, but the wording is broad enough I would consider it as falling under the NDA. And even if not, it's lame if the people going all the way in September (not to mention in June) have it spoiled for them.

Also, I recall people on here sending me private messages desperate for a glimpse or description of that year's set. I just ignored the messages. In the almost inevitable case that it happens to you, I suggest you do the same.
    stlux
    Well, now I want to be surprised!  I just assumed it would be ruined since I’m the very last tour, as a result I sort of got excited about what it might be. 

Now, I’ll wait patiently so as not to ask someone to break an NDA!
  • dr_rock_audr_rock_au AustraliaMember Posts: 6
    Anyone else on tomorrow's tour in Billund yet?  Anyone want to join Greg (an inside tourist I am yet to meet) and I out for dinner tonight?
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 92
    Anyone knows what the exclusive set for the 2018 tours is and what it looks like? Thanks.
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 774
    edited May 2018
    ^see @stlux 's post a few replies up. 
    stluxCovimak0137gmonkey76DoktorLJern92sid3windrkiki180703
    edited May 2018
    The policy may have changed but the blanket ban on disclosing the identity of the Inside Tour set last year was a date in the middle of the summer I believe. Unfortunately, the guys on the September tour(s?) knew what it was ahead of time, although I heard they got an additional treat as compensation.

People on the tour this year have the last laugh though - you can basically buy my Inside Tour set at The Lego House in the form of the Tree of Creativity, then get another brand new Inside Tour set as well! I'm quite envious ;) However, being able to buy a retail Tree of Creativity set separately gives me an excuse to build that version, because I'm unlikely to build my real inside tour set - every cloud...

Hope everyone there right now is having a great time - and perhaps meeting up with Huw and Chris while they're at it!
  • DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 92
    ^^ Thank you. To be honest, I didn' know what NDA means ...
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 181
    I'm on the June 13-15 tour and I'm bringing my iPad. Does anyone know whether I will need a USB power adaptor or are there USB outlets in the Legoland hotel rooms? If I need to bring my USB power adaptor then I guess I'll need an adaptor that works for Denmark? 
    @CymbelineThe Park View rooms, where you's normally stay as an Inside Tour participant, have USB outlets. Or at least the one I was in 2 weeks ago had.

For the shopping in the Employee Store our group was told that the box you were entitled to get sent to you would take a month to get shipped. Just received the air waybill# for the box I stuffed a little over a week ago, so happy to soon be in possession of another 13+kg of ABS bricks :)

bandit778omniumFizyxLego_Starsid3windrLittleLoriLegoTTFowlerBrickskiki180703
  • StrictmuffinStrictmuffin SingaporeMember Posts: 39
    Anyone have the box size of this year inside tour exclusive set? Wanted to prepare some corner Guards to protect the box from damage while I’m hand carrying it back. Tia
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 614
    If you are into accurate guesses and want to know more about this years inside tour set...

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-4000025-inside-tour-2018-teileliste-lueftet-das-geheimnis/61996
    MattDawson
    stlux said:
    @CymbelineThe Park View rooms, where you's normally stay as an Inside Tour participant, have USB outlets. Or at least the one I was in 2 weeks ago had.

For the shopping in the Employee Store our group was told that the box you were entitled to get sent to you would take a month to get shipped. Just received the air waybill# for the box I stuffed a little over a week ago, so happy to soon be in possession of another 13+kg of ABS bricks :)

Nice!  Would love to see an unboxing video or pics to know how much my wife and I should plan on having room for!
  • RonnyRonny USAMember Posts: 86
    The LIT 2018 set has been unveiled... by LEGO.

I have a few LEGO people as Facebook friends, and one of them posted a picture with the caption "The 2018 LEGO Inside Tour set has been officially unveiled! It looks awesome!" 

A picture was attached.

I'm not going to add it here. Instead, it's on my DropBox and you can get it if you want.

I replied to the Facebook post with:
    "I thought it was supposed to be a secret until all tours are done :("

Anyway, here is a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/du4xcyf115673j1/IMG_3535.JPG?dl=0
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 289
    edited June 2018
    Yes, that's a little sad - I'm on the September the 18th tour and I would have liked to have been surprised. It does look like a great set though.
    Ronny
    Yes, that's a little sad - I'm on the September the 18th tour and I would have liked to have been surprised. It does look like a great set though.
    I was just telling my wife that we have all paid for the same experience, but obviously, now you have people who received a different experience as a result of this reveal. I think it's a little unfair.

I'm on the same tour. Let's meet up when you're there.
    edited June 2018
    The NDA on the LIT set was 15 June 12:00 CET, the end of the May-June tours.

I did question the part where this would spoil the surprise for the September participants. I was told that based on past experience, it's impossible to keep it a secret for long and it gets spoiled anyway. By asking to keep it under wraps until the end of the last June tour, they counted on it for people to have at least that much self-control and keep it to themselves for at least 3 weeks. (If you're on the 1st tour) I haven't seen any pictures online of the set until now, so that seems to have worked.

Regarding the September participants I was told that they had been informed this would happen, and that they would get an extra surprise as compensation. However as per @Mr_Hobbles and @Ronny that doesn't seem to be the case?

In any case, for me personally the LIT set was just a bonus of participating in the tour. The 2.5 days prior to receiving the set were what really counted for me and made the experience special. Please don't let this reveal spoil things!
    Ronny
    We'll have to wait and see if they do something extra for us :)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    Autumn tour attendees will apparently receive a different set.
    stluxRonnykiki180703
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 91
    Ronny said:
    I was just telling my wife that we have all paid for the same experience, but obviously, now you have people who received a different experience as a result of this reveal. I think it's a little unfair.

I'm on the same tour. Let's meet up when you're there.
    Me too!

Still trying to figure out if it's worth bringing my wife and kids along (not for the inside tour) given the park will be closed during most days.
    @preuss,
    Are you in the 4th or 5th one?
    @preuss Not having your wife and kids with you on the tour will limit the number of boxes TLG will ship to you from the employee store to 1 *but* having them present adds to the number of sets you can take with you on the plane. :)
    gmonkey76
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,165
    Wear old clothes, discard them when you're leaving so you have more space in your luggage for LEGO!
    Ronnygmonkey76kiki180703
    @CapnRex101, I have Astrid as a Facebook friend, and she just told me that everyone gets the same set. Not sure what to believe :)

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,282
    @Ronny - I am not sure either in that case. An official embargo was lifted today and I would be amazed if LEGO have simply ignored or forgotten that two further tours will be taking place in the Autumn.
    @Ronny Maybe Astrid simply doesn't want to tell you anything as to not spoil the surprise :)

They were in any case very aware that lifting the embargo on this set today would impact the Autumn tours, so I'm confident they have planned *something* extra/different for you.
    Ronny
  • preusspreuss CanadaMember Posts: 91
    Ronny said:
    @preuss,
    18-21... I think that's the 4th
    preuss said:
    Ronny said:
    @preuss,
    18-21... I think that's the 4th
    5th.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    edited June 2018
    The 2018 LEGO Inside Tour set has been officially unveiled.