Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The Brickset Builders Guild - share your MOCs here!

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,579
    ^That's pretty cool!
    wardm
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537
    edited March 2018
    *edit: sorry double post
  • legoleppylegoleppy MarylandMember Posts: 63
    Here is my take on a castle that's burning down.  I've MOCed before, but the first time sharing.  Please let me know what you think and how I can make it better, especially what to do with the top flooring.
    main view

Fire going from the tower to the draw bridge (mini-fig for scale).
    Open side view
    RearSlides open to review a lower weapons armory on the left and a storage room on the right.
    ricecakeFowlerBricksstluxmafonLostInTranslationTheBigLegoskicatwrangler
    ^What is a spy doing in a castle? :D
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,590
    Penguin stained glass is great!
    Muftak1ricecake
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    G1 Sunstreaker. Large poseable figure (over 4000 pieces) inspired by original toy and cartoon. Ball joints in neck, ankles and wrists, while shoulders, elbows, hips and knees have ratchet joints.
    FowlerBrickscatwrangler
  • brickedinbrickedin London, UKMember Posts: 425
    Amsterdam canal house
    Enjoyed this build immensely as my eldest helped out a fair bit.
    Few more pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickedin/sets/72157694841453184
    Switchfoot55BumblepantsstluxJenniGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationTheBigLegoskimsanderscatwrangler
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 376
    There’s a new McLaren F1 in town, and it’s bad to the bone.

Bumblepants
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 262
    Beautiful, every one!
    The wind & the sail leave me speechless...
    The bull is spectacular.
    And a roller skate for breasts... incredible!
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,208
    While waiting for my copy of the "Go Brick Me" Brickheadz set to arrive, I decided to do a tester in LDD. Using a glow-in-the-dark round tile to represent me wearing my Iron Man II Arc Reactor t-shirt I got from ThinkGeek. My wife's Brickheadz figure has her hair in the style like when we got married, at some point she has plans to go back to that again.

xiahnaFowlerBrickscatwrangler
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,388
    ^^^I like the Flamenco dancer dress piece in the open door of the hut. Pretty brilliant!
    FowlerBricks
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 376
    Jaguar XJR 15

BumblepantsJamesJT
    ^That is amazing!!!
    pxchris
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,089
    ^^ Yup, really nice! Excellent addition to a wonderful set.
    pxchrisFowlerBricks
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613

MOD: #41606 - Star-Lord

LittleLoriFowlerBricks
  • nexandernexander Glasgow Member Posts: 871
    Decided to put this together for a late addition to Edinbrick. It can be lifted but won't be swinging it about!

LittleLoriBumblepantsFowlerBrickspxchrisbrickedin
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 537

Modded the jurassic world mansion into a modular. I still need to tile up the street. What do you think? 
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksLostInTranslationTheBigLegoskidutchlegofan50
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 352
    Good to see it's actually quite useful for MOCcing into a Modular. My points of improvement mainly center around the fact that you could replace some of the panels with 2x1 and 4x1 masonry-bricks and profiled bricks. E.g. masonry bricks instead of the stickered panels, and next to that (next to the oval hole) the profiled bricks?

What would also be neat is to replace the stickered panels with closed up window frames, so it looks like the 2nd floor is derelict - also include the pillars next to them as on the 1st and 3rd floor, then.
  • philo426philo426 STRUTHERS,OHIOMember Posts: 13
    Recently obtained a rather large quantity of Lego parts,so I decided to put them together and see what emerged.Joined flat plates together that sort of looked like the deck of a cargo ship.Not accurate and kind of whimsical but it was fun putting it together.Nit finished but it is a start,photo up in request.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 498
    Hmm I'd say that was a barge ;-)
  • philo426philo426 STRUTHERS,OHIOMember Posts: 13
    Yes blunt bow.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 686
    edited June 2018
    Working on sort of a wasteland, post-apocalyptic character (novel idea, I know) using the buildable figure template. I want more detail going into armor, weapons, and such, but I am pretty happy with the robotic arm I constructed. Obi-Wan's head is just a placeholder.

I developed 2 arm types, a stripped-back look and an oversized, bulky one. I like the latter, and also developed a 'battle hand' for that one.
    FowlerBricksricecakemafon
  • geekofalltradesgeekofalltrades United StatesMember Posts: 3

Hello fellow creatives! Here's my build of a Destiny Sparrow Speeder! Enjoy!

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5wF0wKhBQ&t=130s

BumblepantsFowlerBricks
    edited June 2018
    @geekofalltrades Cadence horn! Did you pick a particular model or just go for the general sparrow look?

Hello fellow creatives! Here is my build tutorial of a Destiny Sparrow Speeder! Would love to see the variations and color schemes you come up with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5wF0wKhBQ&t=130s

Baby_Yoda
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 434
    I used to play with LEGOs all day every day when I was a kid, then I got into programming and left it be. Now, after seeing The LEGO Movie, I got inspired to buy a LEGO set again (I got the Sea Cow 70810) and I had a great time building it. I decided to take the fun to the next level with a MOC -- so I bought the same set again and decided to turn it into a giant ship. 

Impressive!!
    Was playing around with a few loose parts last night & came up with a couple of ideas for futuristic styled vehicles for micro-scale builds... Think I might have to come up with a project to use them in at some point.

FowlerBricksxiahnacatwrangler
    Played around with LDD to recreate my micro futurist motor vehicles & came up with this.

Futurist Motoring: Cars traveling on the X-19 Sydney to Tokyo Super Express Way.
    Baby_Yodaxiahnacatwrangler
  • DB361DB361 UKMember Posts: 194
    edited July 2018
    I loved the idea of the Skull Ride from #31084, and reckoned a motorised version should be easy enough. Not as easy as I thought, but here’s what I’ve done so far. As you might spot, there are some variances in some of the photos as I tried various ideas and methods.

And here's a video of the ride more fully assembled (but nowhere near complete) in action.

Switchfoot55LuLegobrickventuresPhantom107
    After getting the instructions for it (thanks to the BrickFan), I decided against getting the SDCC Millennium Falcon Cockpit, opting to instead redesign it as an OT version:

The Saga Begins

My render of the original for reference

BumblepantsBaby_Yodaxiahna
    ^why not change the 1x4 plate for a 1x2 and a couple 1x1s to keep the stripe perfect?
    VorpalRyudavetheoxygenman
    ^ I am considering it, but I want to make sure that it won't compromise the build before I commit to it. The TLG version uses two 1x2 tr-clear plates, so it might not be any real issue.
    davetheoxygenmanxiahna
    Added an exploded view of my micro-scale futurist vehicles to my Flickr for anyone interested in using them in MOCs.
    https://flic.kr/p/29igyWJ
    Toc13xiahnaMaffyD
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,453
    ^Thanks for the info. It could be useful for the mini Legoland in my City.
    VorpalRyu
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 352
    Those Microcars would be perfect for populating the Tower Bridge, I'd say... :)
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 434
    I've been working on another addition to my "An Unexpected Expansion" MOC. Added in a dirt path out front of Bag-end for Gandalf to arrive on. Pretty pleased how this all came out.

I'm planning on displaying this MOC in our state fair later this month! Excited as it will be the first time I've ever publicly displayed any of my builds.

What do you guys think?

mustang69BumblepantsBaby_YodastluxPhantom107cozygmonkey76brickventuresUmandraug