Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,108
    By the end of the year, the Policeman will be near, if not more, than $50.
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 95

Yay! Mr Postman brought me a present today...
    FowlerBricks
  • MarmiteMarmite UKMember Posts: 14
    *By the end of the year, the Policeman will be near, if not more, than $50.*

I doubt this will be the case, his price is already dropping rapidly selling for as low as £13 (Approx $18) on Ebay. I really cannot see him jumping up to $50 when so many more will be released in the next few months especially when the initial hype is over.
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 197
    I don't know, I can see him actually hitting that 50 dollar price. Take into account at the end of the series 18 run when lego stops making them, it'll be the ones who wasn't able to find him and the resellers crank the price up for a little bit. Now if he does hit 50, I don't believe it'll last long before it drops back down.
    Onebricktoomany
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,005
    I decided to give my search for a policeman or two another go today. 

I ran to B&N as I hadn't thought of them initially. I only found one box on their help desk that looked pretty rummaged through. I decided to check the back left corner. Found that stinking Policeman on my second grab!
    OnebricktoomanyLEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,143
    Is there a common thread between the Pretzel Girl, Islander and Batmer-man?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,005
    ^Black baseplates of course
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    SumoLego said:
    Is there a common thread between the Pretzel Girl, Islander and Batmer-man?
    I thought you were telling a joke for a second and was wondering what the punchline was. I think I've read too many of your comments, @SumoLego.  ;-)

(A Pretzel Girl, Islander and Mermaid Batman walk into a bar...)
    sid3windr
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 205
    SumoLego said:
    You're missing the S10 Skydiver.

Oh wait, nobody is missing the S10 Skydiver...
    What was the deal with that figure? Was there like ten in a box or something? I have 5 because I didn't feel the packages.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,477
    Brixfan02 said:
    SumoLego said:

What was the deal with that figure? Was there like ten in a box or something? I have 5 because I didn't feel the packages.
    Just the six per box. But he was a fairly crap figure, didn't even come with a parachute (just the back-pack). The other sixes were the baseball fielder and roman commander, which are both reasonable army builders, and the biker mechanic. It's a shame the skydiver didn't come with a plastic sheet style parachute and some cord, he might have been a little more popular.
    Brixfan02
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 627
    Is it normal to have such bad variety with ordering CMF from [email protected]? I was hoping that I would get some variety and random picking from the box but instead got four flower pot people in one go.

This is what I received.

Flower Pot: x4
    Balloon Girl: x3
    Cake: x3
    Balloon Boy: x2
    Cat: x2
    Unicorn: x2
    Clown: 1

Thought my odds of receiving at least one Brick person would be high as there are 10 per box but it seems that I was quite unlucky.
    FowlerBricks
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,641
    @Mynatt  I once placed an order from [email protected] for 2 orders of 12 collectible minifigures from series 2. Out of the 24,  I received no less than 17 Ring Masters. I would consider yourself lucky to get what you have.  
    andhesid3windr
  • MarmiteMarmite UKMember Posts: 14
    I received no less than 17 Ring Masters.

That's some really bad luck. 
    CM4SJohnnyfinlandia
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,316
    BL Policeman average price down slightly from about $30 to $29, the common figures had a proportionally bigger price drop so far, it seems
    Haven't seen any S18 bags, even the common figs, the past few days

Flower Pot and Birthday Cake can be told apart but can easily be confused.
    Picked up 18 at a Walmart in NC today, didn't have much time so I just grabbed a bunch and crossed my fingers. Ended up with all but 4, heading over after work to see if I can find those. Policeman was in the batch I picked up.
    On a Target trip shortly before work I also grabbed some bags without identifying them besides passing on brick suits.
    truck730 said:
    Probably the best way to get the policeman is walk out of any shop with an already raided minifig box and I'm sure you'll get a policeman 
    Yeah, I was thinking S18 is one of the few times you do want to run into the cops

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,648
    Mynatt said:
    Is it normal to have such bad variety with ordering CMF from [email protected]? I was hoping that I would get some variety and random picking from the box but instead got four flower pot people in one go.

This is what I received.

Flower Pot: x4
    Balloon Girl: x3
    Cake: x3
    Balloon Boy: x2
    Cat: x2
    Unicorn: x2
    Clown: 1

Thought my odds of receiving at least one Brick person would be high as there are 10 per box but it seems that I was quite unlucky.
    Considering that Clown, Cat, balloon boy and girl are rare I would say you got a nice selection. Imagine the people who get 3-4 brick suit people

KingAlanI
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 206
    CCC said:
    Brixfan02 said:
    SumoLego said:

Just the six per box. But he was a fairly crap figure, didn't even come with a parachute (just the back-pack). The other sixes were the baseball fielder and roman commander, which are both reasonable army builders, and the biker mechanic. It's a shame the skydiver didn't come with a plastic sheet style parachute and some cord, he might have been a little more popular.
    Wasn't the Crash Test Dummy from Series 1 unpopular too? (I liked it as it reminded me of Test Track at Epcot)

And as for popular minifigures, Other than Mr. Gold, Wasn't the Spartan from Series 2 in great demand hard to find?  
    edited April 2018
    Crash test dummy - at the time, some people didn't like him, but as he is series 1  now he is quite sought after. I always thought he was quite a good figure, something you'd never get in a normal set and ideal for the CMF series.

Spartan - yes he was popular, as are the many army builders ... elves, dwarves, romans, and the more odd ones. Some people have armies of bees, bunnies, etc. I don't think the Spartan was ever hard to find though, there have always been many for sale, just at high prices. It is interesting to note that the price of a Spartan has been pretty much flat since about 2011.
    Mr_Crosssnowhitiedehnehsu
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 467
    My local Toy shop came through again. One full set, all pre picked, and a buy 5 get 6th free offer. Lego have now changed the rules on this offer to make it better. Now the cards last for a year and can cross series, so I can use my partial card towards the HP series.

This series is as superb in hand as in pictures. Prints and details are great. Making me smile every time I look at them. Only minor complaint is that some of the figures feel really hollow and cheap (elephant girl legs in particular). As long as they are as durable as other lego, then I don't mind, it is just a weird hollow feeling.

omniumMr_CrossFowlerBricks
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 247
    Bit disappointed with a trip into town just now. Tesco still doesn't have them out and when I asked she had no idea if they would be getting any. So decided to walk a bit further into town and try W H Smiths. Was greeted in the doorway with an empty box and was a bit excited queuing up as I thought they may pull out a brand new one. No such luck, they sold out really fast apparently and people keep coming in to ask for more but they don't know if they will be getting any. 

Really glad I already found the cop in the first few days or I may be looking to panic buy on ebay right about now. Going to hang on until payday and head into the city centre in the hope of finding the last ones I need.
  • AdelecAdelec UkMember Posts: 171
    Don't despair on getting a policeman. I just popped into our local town, and decided to try Asda for the mini figures, and there was what looked like a new box out, and the policeman was there. I also found the dragon, which I wanted.
    FowlerBricks
    Marmite said:
    Or some really good luck!
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 735
    SumoLego said:
    Marmite said:
    Or some really good luck!
    ^What he said..i don't even have one!
    About 20 loose bags at WalMart, picked out 7, my most fine grained identification session so far - got 2 Unicorn, 2 Race Car, Cactus, Clown, Birthday Party Girl - all ones I was looking for. I may have missed some I did want to avoid getting any I didn't - I think the statistics term is accepting false negatives to avoid false positives. I might think Cactus was Firework if I didn't notice the arms, or dismiss Dragon as Spider. Spider, Dragon and Unicorn helmets might get confused.

Cactus vs fireworks guy is easy IMO. One has bumps on its costume, and the fireworks guy has a small ridge around the cone of his costume. One of the ones I had a hard time with was the spider guy. The party boy and girl are a bit hard to detect I believe until you find the hair piece anyway. Clown I almost always feel the balloon animals or hat immediately
    KingAlanI
    Cactus vs fireworks guy is easy IMO. One has bumps on its costume, and the fireworks guy has a small ridge around the cone of his costume. One of the ones I had a hard time with was the spider guy. The party boy and girl are a bit hard to detect I believe until you find the hair piece anyway. Clown I almost always feel the balloon animals or hat immediately
    Just the smooth cone shape itself is easy to feel for at the top of the costume.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    I need a unicorn darnit! What's the tell tale sign for one?
    FowlerBricks
    I need a unicorn darnit! What's the tell tale sign for one?
    Bulky package. Bulky head. Feel for the shield. Confirm with sword. (also the tail is squishy) I found the shield was the easiest to feel for.
    77ncaachampsmadforLEGO
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,432
    <michaelscottthatswhatshesaidmeme>
    gmonkey76FizyxSwitchfoot55bandit778ericbSumoLegodavetheoxygenman
    Decided to stop into my toysrus and to my surprise they had 3 fairly new cases laid out. Only found one police man, but didn't crazy searching for the others, if they were even still there.
    Onebricktoomany
  • MoneyHypeMikeMoneyHypeMike Québec, CanadaMember Posts: 42
    edited April 2018
    Ordered 60 minifigures from Indigo and they actually sent me an entire minifigures box, really surprised. The sealed on the box was open, but it seems like they did it to verify the quantity as I got a complete set, lol. I thought the employee swapped the Police Officer with another one.

I identified every bag as I will return the duplicates. Hopefully, they don't remove the labels so people who want specific ones don't waste their time if they don't feeling bags. 

FowlerBricksLittleLori
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    Not sure if this helps, but the Policeman seems to be located at the back of the left section in the box. Also, the code on the bottom rear of the packet starts 15*** (the other figures are either 35*** or 45***)
    LEGO_Dad77
    darthdc said:
    Not sure if this helps, but the Policeman seems to be located at the back of the left section in the box. Also, the code on the bottom rear of the packet starts 15*** (the other figures are either 35*** or 45***)
    I actually had to check mine for those codes. My police man is a 20xxx code and I also have a birthday boy from the same case with the same code as the police man.
  • darthdcdarthdc Member Posts: 228
    darthdc said:
    I actually had to check mine for those codes. My police man is a 20xxx code and I also have a birthday boy from the same case with the same code as the police man.
    Well, my bro and I found ours with 15*** codes. Besides, we'd ID'd the figure by feel anyway.
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 2,093
    darthdc said:
    Yep, found mine on the left side, 3rd bag from the back. 
    gmonkey76Mr_Cross
    @darthdc, I'm not saying you were wrong about codes, I have located mine in the back left corner as well. 
    gmonkey76
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    The number codes are just batches. Touch ID and the bump code will be unique. That and the bag is the thinnest one in the whole case.
    DeeC2_Josh77ncaachampsMr_CrossFarmer_JohnstluxKingAlanImadforLEGO
    Ordered 60 minifigures from Indigo and they actually sent me an entire minifigures box, really surprised. The sealed on the box was open, but it seems like they did it to verify the quantity as I got a complete set, lol. I thought the employee swapped the Police Officer with another one.

I identified every bag as I will return the duplicates. Hopefully, they don't remove the labels so people who want specific ones don't waste their time if they don't feeling bags. 

It wouldn't surprise me if a buyer complains. If they bought new, then get ones that have clearly been felt up and then labelled by someone else that has then returned them.
    madforLEGOKingAlanIJern92
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    I found mine 4th from the back on the left side. Fresh case too. 
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Agree with @pharmjod ... my policeman starts with a 20, but the first two numbers on my other sets are all over the place.

Or they consider them tampered with by you and refuse the return.
    KingAlanIsid3windr
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,450
    So I was just in Legoland Billund and they are actively promoting buying a whole box of 'sealed' Series 18s so they clearly know a lot of people will. However, there is evidence of tampering on the seals of some of the boxes.

FowlerBricksomnium77ncaachamps
    Returning bags seems like the same general idea as identifying in store and not buying in the first place, though I avoid it in case it seems suspicious

@The_Rancor had some sticker shock, but that would be Danish krone, 29.95 each - about five dollars, three and half pounds or four euro - high but not absurdly so, an understandable artifact of pricing in different currencies. Anyway, I'm reminded of people tampering with sealed regular sets
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,631
    though you don't get your money back, only a voucher you can only use in this shop.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    I stopped by a Fred Meyer in Fairbanks, Alaska of all places in the way to the airport. Found two boxes that looked not very touched and did find two police officers. And both of them were third from the back in top left corner. Wonder if they all are or crazy coincidence. 
    KingAlanI
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 287
    Stopped by Walmart looking for hotwheels, left with this

Only took me 3 weeks lol
    FizyxFowlerBricksMooreFXomniumDeeC2_JoshRakul77ncaachampssnowhitieGothamConstructionCo
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,650
    For those in the UK, check your local Hobbycraft. I found LBM2 minifigures at the till (they were still full price but I had never seen minifigures in there before), then I noticed there was a box for series 18 being kept behind the counter. They didn't seem to object to me rummaging for the ones I wanted when I asked... I was lucky, got the policeman and he was in back left hand section, as others have found... I picked up another Dragon whilst I was there too :-)
    Fizyxomnium
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,453

Checking a local argos for stock, they didn’t come up on any search until I got he stock code from online, then looked at how many are in stock....

I now that it might have been a genuine sale, but given how hard it was to find them on the computer I can’t help but suspect this store had the Policeman nabbed by a member of staff.
    FizyxFowlerBricksomniumMr_Crosssid3windr
    "We have NO POLICEMAN available in our stock room today" is what it ought to say...
    77ncaachampsCM4S