Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,206
    Shut up and take my money, LEGO!!
    gmonkey76
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,825
    about good deals, or technical difficulties at checkout?
    edited March 2018
    KingAlanI said:
    about good deals, or technical difficulties at checkout?
    It is a line from Futurama when one of the characters is about to buy the item but before then he is told about some of the shortcomings of the item and the character retorts 'shut up and take my money!' (look it up on youtube). I would not say good deals, it is a comment about how regardless of the limitations,  restrictions, or caveat emptor of the item, you just want it at all costs.

I want the minifigure factory. I'm not thrilled about the stipulation for 75 or over right now due to limited funds I have though.
    MegtheCatKingAlanIFizyxmithridate
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 270
    $75 is a LOT for a micro Benny!

MegtheCatFizyxmithridate
    @madforLEGO I got the reference, I was wondering how you were using it, thanks for explaining.

I'm not particularly interested in the minifig factory and probably won't buy just to get the promo.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,589
    Few new markdowns online today, Ninjago Brickheadz, A handful of Batman and Batman Movie sets, etc. The Wonder Woman movie set is probably the best of the bunch as it was TRU exclusive so [email protected] might be the only option soon.
    77ncaachamps
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    Few new markdowns online today, Ninjago Brickheadz, A handful of Batman and Batman Movie sets, etc. The Wonder Woman movie set is probably the best of the bunch as it was TRU exclusive so [email protected] might be the only option soon.
    20% off and $64 for Superhero High... gosh no.
    Wal Mart and Target had it for $15-40!
    KingAlanI
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 489
    Double VIP points going on March 16 - 30...Surprise! I was picking out something to get the Classic Easter Bunny Hut promo when the announcement came up on the home page. Now I need to consider making another order to take advantage of the points.
    Bumblepantsrd1899elspankdogInfinitymanMooreFXBuriedinBricks
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 71
    ^ I am thinking the same thing, about another purchase for double points.  I also need to save some money for the April 1 mini-fig factory promo. Decisions, decisions. :)
    MegtheCatOubird
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,387
    Yeesh! I have a purchased planned that was going to go toward the Minifig Factory or Darth Vader Pod...but the double points are tempting. Decisions decisions!
    MegtheCatMooreFX
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 686
    Question: do the double VIP points also apply to in-store purchases? 
    Question: do the double VIP points also apply to in-store purchases? 
    Yes.
    CaptainRogers
    Excellent! Thanks. That and the markdowns on Ninjago Brickheadz Luh-loyd further solidifies my weekend plans.
    77ncaachamps
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    The lure of double points and a bunny fig were too much...finally caved on the Ship in a Bottle. It was the cheapest thing LEGO had in stock that I'm ok paying full price for.
    evantylerKingAlanIYo_dA
    #40304 (promo for $25 of DUPLO) isn't mentioned on the website but does show up in the cart. That, the Easter promo and 2x VIP is definitely worth ordering something, but like @BuriedinBricks I wasn't sure what to get at MSRP. #10714 was just enough after the DUPLO stuff.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 489
    ^It is actually mentioned - it's the fourth screen on the rotating banner on the main page. It goes Double VIP, Hulbuster, Easter Bunny Hut & Duplo promo (though purchase threshold is not listed).

It is almost a shame that they are doing such a low spending threshold promo during Double VIP points. It makes me want to make several low dollar orders instead of one big one, to get more bunny figs.
    77ncaachampsKingAlanI
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    MegtheCat said:
    ^It is actually mentioned - it's the fourth screen on the rotating banner on the main page. It goes Double VIP, Hulbuster, Easter Bunny Hut & Duplo promo (though purchase threshold is not listed).

It is almost a shame that they are doing such a low spending threshold promo during Double VIP points. It makes me want to make several low dollar orders instead of one big one, to get more bunny figs.
    Maybe TRU was supposed to run the Bunny promo but alas...Lego is backstocked with pallets of it, they have to encourage spending to get rid of the promo quicker so they lowered the threshold
    KingAlanI
  • eddieweddiew South JerseyMember Posts: 68
    MegtheCat said:

Maybe TRU was supposed to run the Bunny promo but alas...Lego is backstocked with pallets of it, they have to encourage spending to get rid of the promo quicker so they lowered the threshold
    That certainly seems possible, since the graphics on the TRU website include that Easter Bunny minifig.
    KingAlanI
    A Lego associate told me yesterday that they've got about a thousand bunny figures- they shouldn't be sold out for a while.

I had a great experience at the St. Louis store yesterday. They didn't have one of the new Speed Champions cars or the Luh-loyd Brickheadz, so I was given a code for free shipping so I could order from Shop at Home. Plus, I was given a bunny figure since my in-store order plus what I  ordered online ended up totalling over $35. All in all, quite a pleasant experience.
    MegtheCatgmonkey76CurvedRoadPlateBuriedinBricks77ncaachampsmithridate
    A Lego associate told me yesterday that they've got about a thousand bunny figures- they shouldn't be sold out for a while.

I had a great experience at the St. Louis store yesterday. They didn't have one of the new Speed Champions cars or the Luh-loyd Brickheadz, so I was given a code for free shipping so I could order from Shop at Home. Plus, I was given a bunny figure since my in-store order plus what I  ordered online ended up totalling over $35. All in all, quite a pleasant experience.
    I wonder if it’ll hit the stores and website on sale post-Easter...
    MegtheCat said:

You're right, I was thinking of the info in the My Bag popup
    Relatively few DUPLO sets are still in stock, which makes it harder to pick what to get for the promo, but I do want the pizzeria, and a couple TLBM s2 CMF's aren't a bad throw-in
    Easter Bunny Hut still available, but no more DUPLO promo
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Tron Set is available and easter hut is still available
    elspankdog77ncaachamps
    Still need to add something to the $34.99 Tron set to get free shipping though...
    Still need to add something to the $34.99 Tron set to get free shipping though...
    get one part from Pick a Brick
    pharmjodInfinitymangmonkey76Fizyx77ncaachampsmithridate
    edited March 2018
    Ill be waiting until the minifigure factory promo starts tonight. Will likely get two tron sets, and a CMF or two if they have Series 18 or do a minor PaB purchase. The problem is my last PaB purchases was either delivered to the wrong apartment or stolen off of my stoop (first time for everything I guess) because FedEx did not have a signature confirmation for the item.
    gmonkey76
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    edited March 2018
    Ill be waiting until the minifigure factory promo starts tonight. Will likely get two tron sets, and a CMF or two if they have Series 18 or do a minor PaB purchase. The problem is my last PaB purchases was either delivered to the wrong apartment or stolen off of my stoop (first time for everything I guess) because FedEx did not have a signature confirmation for the item.
    There is a limit of 1 on the tron set unfortunately. I actually want to 3 sets total to recreate the scene from the movie. 
    There is a limit of 1 on the tron set unfortunately. I actually want to 3 sets total to recreate the scene from the movie. 
    Yeah, the limit one sucks, but I can see why. Better for everyone to get a shot at one. Maybe Ill go ahead and splurge on the ship in a bottle as well.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    FYI At the brick and mortar store the Easter Bunny rings free at $34.99.
    MooreFX
    1 PAB piece? Apparently I'm a high roller for getting a CMF.

Would they fulfill multiple orders for 1 each? Often TLG seems to bend limits of 2 or 5 in that manner. It wouldn't help get promos but could still be useful.
    Fizyx
  • ravotravot USA/ILMember Posts: 22
    vader pod is live as well as the Solo movie sets. can double up free promos on minifig and vader pod as well.
    77ncaachamps
    ravot said:
    vader pod is live as well as the Solo movie sets. can double up free promos on minifig and vader pod as well.
    Yoda's Hut already is backordered...
    SumoLego
    On backorder many Star Wars sets are. Happens often with themed promos that does.

Last day for #5005358 Minifigure Factory. Surprised it's still in stock. $75 anything for that stacks with $60 Star Wars for #5005356 Darth Vader pod. Great deal if there's that much SW stuff you want.
    S18 is still out of stock
    Pumpkin_3CK5
    KingAlanI said:
    On backorder many Star Wars sets are. Happens often with themed promos that does.

Last day for #5005358 Minifigure Factory. Surprised it's still in stock. $75 anything for that stacks with $60 Star Wars for #5005356 Darth Vader pod. Great deal if there's that much SW stuff you want.
    S18 is still out of stock
    I wonder how many people bought multiples of the transformation set to get the Darth pod?
    I would rather just wait and find the transformation set on sale for 20 or under and get the two Darth's, Emperor and the droids.

S18 is likely out of stock because of demand and the second shipment has not gone out yet (like to go out by end of April Im guessing.. will know when we get the notification from Minifiguresplus that the sets/boxes have been shipped).

Minifigure factory was also in the store still, grabbed one by getting a PaB cup and a bunch of minifigure parts as they have chihuahua, violin case, Guitar, yellow snowboard, Erlenmeyer flasks, and Series 12 Princess parts (except the frog and her hat piece), along with gray cats..
    KingAlanI
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    @KingAlanI dang it I thought the minifig factory was available til the 20th lolz
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 647
    @KingAlanI dang it I thought the minifig factory was available til the 20th lolz
    Originally it was only till the 15th, but I have seen some posts stating that it got extended to the 20th.

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,868
    edited April 2018
    Minifig factory no longer adding to the basket. The LEGO page says till the 20th or while supplies last.
    @madforlego transformation set is apparently #75183 - seems like a good value. it's on backorder. in general, sales elsewhere can be a better deal than LEGO promos especially if you don't want a big order.

@Pumpkin_3CK5 @Fizyx I was looking at the April calendar, hadn't heard about it being extended to the 20th. @pharmjod maybe they ran out by the 15th anyway. Minifigure Factory still being advertised when clicking on My Bag
    pharmjodFizyx
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 647
    If anyone was interested in #40187 but wasn't able to get it in the short time before it went temporarily out of stock, it's back in stock online at $5.99.
    tomahawkerLittleLoripharmjod
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 676
    Sorry for the false alarm as to a sale, but in regards to the upcoming May the Fourth sale, do we know which sets will be going on sale?  I may want to place an order now, to get the Darth Vader Pod, but would also want to make a purchase on May 4th.  I'd like to choose sets now that have a high likelihood of *not* going on sale for this purchase, and save the sets which are likely to go on sale for the May 4th purchase.  I am targeting the $19.99-$29.99 sets for both of these purchases, as those ones appeal to me the most.  Thanks!
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    I'd also like to hear May the Fourth sales.  I think I will be out of state on that date, but the good news is I am fairly sure a LEGO store will be nearby
    It's usually older stuff that has been out a year or more and all the tat like flashlights and keychains. I imagine quite a few buildable figures will be on offer.
    As neat as the BB-8 is, I just cannot see myself buying any LEGO SW sets.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,224
    PapaBear said:
    I'd also like to hear May the Fourth sales.  I think I will be out of state on that date, but the good news is I am fairly sure a LEGO store will be nearby
    You can order online even from “out of state”. Amazing technology these days :)
    77ncaachamps
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 922
    Looks like the June deals are a little lacking IMO.  Double points on Jurassic Park sets #75828 and #75829 for the whole month, free #40291 Creative Storybook with $99 purchase June 4-20. 

Storybook is a neat idea but not sure it is worth spending that much to obtain.
    KingAlanI
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    ^ My wallet appreciates that.  I agree the price point is too high for me to get the story book.
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    The TIE Fighter and Moloch's Landspeeder are currently available for double points and, according to the newsletter, will be all month.

Will this stack with the double points from May the 4th?
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 10
    Gremer said:
    The TIE Fighter and Moloch's Landspeeder are currently available for double points and, according to the newsletter, will be all month.

Probably not. The last time they offered something similar to this I had to call for the double points. The customer service rep never did understand what I was asking about but gave me the points anyway. 
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    Rraider said:
    Gremer said:

Probably not. The last time they offered something similar to this I had to call for the double points. The customer service rep never did understand what I was asking about but gave me the points anyway. 
    Dang. 160 points on Moloch's speeder would be awesome. Ridiculous, but awesome.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 395
    edited May 2018
    PapaBear said:
    You can order online even from “out of state”. Amazing technology these days :)
    I don't understand, where is the outside state I can use to order online to my house?  What the hell is "online"?  If I have online, does that mean I can internet?
    560HeliportBrickByBrickAstrobricksprevere77ncaachamps