Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    Just think how mad @caterham7 is going to be when they realise that someone switch all the packs in the boxes with the Simpson Series 2 packs :-P
    SumoLegocaterham7dmcc0
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 594
    Targets are still a bust in my area...Not sure if they'll ever get it when they're sitting on 300 plus Ninjago. :/
    SumoLegord1899KingAlanI
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,181
    Gooker1 said:
    Targets are still a bust in my area...Not sure if they'll ever get it when they're sitting on 300 plus Ninjago. :/
    Could be worse... could be 300 TLBM Series one.
    FizyxMalkanMynattKingAlanI
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,483
    Picked up 18 at a Walmart in NC today, didn't have much time so I just grabbed a bunch and crossed my fingers. Ended up with all but 4, heading over after work to see if I can find those. Policeman was in the batch I picked up.
    FizyxFowlerBricksomniumFarmer_John
  • MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 33
    SumoLego said:
    Gooker1 said:
    Could be worse... could be 300 TLBM Series one.
    That's my local Target. They may have had 1 box of each of the other series (still no 18) but those TLBM 1's are flowing out of some kind of bottomless pit.
    FizyxSumoLegoFarmer_JohnandheKingAlanI
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 391
    CCC said:
    iso3200 said:
    ^I'd say you've got a serious problem ;-)

Nothing that peeling a bit of wallpaper won't fix.

Wasn't me! (hopefully the wife won't notice the writing, or will blame the boys)

SirBrickalotOfLegosnowhitieKerre
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 48
    I've tried two different Targets, a Wal-Mart and two Meijers in my area and none of them even have any of this series. Guess it's not meant to be...
    SumoLego
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 172
    Walmart Mountain View, Ca has what looks like a couple boxes in. Hanging display one aisle over from LEGO. I didn't hunt for the Policeman since I got what I wanted already. Besides images of a sad Timmy flashed thru my head. 
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,648
    I've been on the fence as to whether or not I'd be buying any of this series. Not for lack of liking the figures, but due to the financial investment it represented. 

I finally narrowed the scope of my search to just five different figures and went out on lunch today to see what I could find at a local drug store that tends to stock minifigs and rarely gets picked through. 

I was happy to see five cases out at first. Then saw they had been fully molested and my hopes dropped a bit. The policeman wasn't one of the five I was going after, but was planning on grabbing one with the plans of selling it to offset the cost of the other five at least a bit. 

Spent 20 or 30 minutes searching and finally found the five I was after. I manged to pick up Elephant Suit Girl, Firework Guy, Dragon Suit Guy, Cactus Girl, and Cowboy Costume Guy. 

No policeman bags to be found. Admittedly I didn't feel through every bag. But as they were by the register, the clerk eventually told me that a dad and his two kids spent 3 hours shortly after they were put out this week going through them. I have to imagine that guy grabbed all 5. 

I'll give some Targets a try over the next few days as they only stock in the checkout lanes anymore. Maybe there's a chance of pulling one out to save the day (and wallet). 
    FizyxFowlerBricks
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    They do look nice but not price nice enough for me ,gave up on minifigs since 4euro eats into buildable stock
    Farmer_John
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,322
    wow! 3h of feeling bags
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,648
    ^yeah...seemed a bit excessive to me...
    gmonkey76Pumpkin_3CK5
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    Amateurs... It shouldn't take 3 hours. I could find the cop in under 5 min even if it wasn't in the same place. If you want multiple sets, buy a case and cherry pick the cop out of the others. =D
    gmonkey76DeeC2_JoshPumpkin_3CK5stlux
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 768

Someone labeled them at Barnes and Noble. Didn't bother to ask if the employees or a customer did it lolz. 

Also this series is the easiest one to feel due to the large parts they come with. Half an hour is enough to net one full set. 
    pharmjodMegtheCatFowlerBricksstluxkhmellymelFarmer_JohnKingAlanI
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,322
    wonder if he meant that literally
    edited April 2018

Someone labeled them at Barnes and Noble. Didn't bother to ask if the employees or a customer did it lolz. 

Also this series is the easiest one to feel due to the large parts they come with. Half an hour is enough to net one full set. 

*Without excessively wrinkling the bags, of course. =D
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 254
    Local Target shows 620 figs but nothing is out.. I asked customer services and they only show 17 available on the floor and none in the back. Anyone ever get this difference in counts?
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,476
    Was just at my LEGO Store, and they said LEGO sent a message to mix up the box and move the policeman.
    FizyxMegtheCat77ncaachamps
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 346
    yeah, it does seem a bit haughty of them when they purposefully created the current state of things by only including 1 per box.
    Fizyxoldtodd33andheKingAlanI
    Was at the LEGO store this morning and the Po-po is still on the left side. Of course it was a freshly opened box so the employees didn't get the chance to mix it up even if they did get the email. Not sure if they only got one box or they're spreading it out through the day. 
  • BookpodderBookpodder Member Posts: 1
    Here's a weirdness - I stopped in at my local Target today.  Haven't seen Series 18 anywhere yet and the display area for the figures was empty.  Walking around, I found ONE figure abandoned on a random shelf in the toy section.  I bought it without aggressive feeling of the package, since I don't have any of them yet.  When I opened the package in the car, I found... the Skeleton Guy from Series 14!?!?  The package had no signs of tampering, but had a figure from an older series - and NO baseplate - sealed inside.  Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

So, I found one Series 18 package, but still don't have any Series 18 figures!
    BrickByBrickMattDawson
  • AwesomenessAwesomeness OhioMember Posts: 183
    Finally found more at my target. I've never seen it at mine but some of you have mentioned it, but I did find them by the registers. So if anyone's looking and haven't found them by the lego aisle, I would try there. And also no police man they were pretty picked over.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    gmonkey76 said:
    Was just at my LEGO Store, and they said LEGO sent a message to mix up the box and move the policeman.
    They moved the policeman alright, out of the box and into their 'buy' pile.
    SumoLegosid3windr
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Shhh ...there’s a policeman in there.

Found at the local LEGO store. Was told that a fresh box was just mixed with the leftovers of another box. A minute later I found the policeman. Grabbed a flower girl just for kicks.

Now waiting for the policeman to show up as the summer GWP (Groot keychain anybody?).
    FowlerBricksDeeC2_JoshSumoLegosid3windr
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,908
    Walmart had a few bags hanging on a strip of plastic hooks - a couple brick suits, pass. Flower Pot Girl or Birthday Cake Guy - barely worth it to sell, pleased I had the sense to pass on those.
    I sold a Birthday Party Girl but when I get another, I'll keep the donut tile for my LEGO food collection
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 418
    Spent ages this morning searching for my last one, a unicorn, in a local Smyths. No luck, and now my fingers hurt! :(
    To confirm, the LEGO stores are being told to mix em up.. Maybe LEGO should take the hint and not do this again ever unless they want to see a fight over a plastic figure when two people want it at that moment?
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278
    edited April 2018
    I went shopping today and passed by our local toy and gift store, which also happens to sell LEGO. Went in just to get the current LEGO catalogue which I didn't have yet. Don't really need it of course, but I collect them.

Anyway, saw that an opened but seemingly almost untouched CMF Series 18 display stood on the floor next to one of their LEGO shelves and tought I might look for the policeman just for fun. I had heard that someone said the policeman was near the back of the left row of blindbags, perhaps the fourth or fifth from the back. I took these two bags to feel for the "usual suspects", in this case the two-by-one plate and the two-by-one tile, and sure enough the fourth from the back was indeed the policeman. Less than a minute to find the rarest figure of this series. Not too bad I think, it took me almost ten minutes to find two N-Pop Girls in our local LEGO store when that series came out, as that was the only figure from that series that my girls wanted.

Side note, the code of the series bag in this display is 350B7, but I couldn't make out any bump code markings (at least for the policeman) as would have been usual on every one of the last couple of CMF series.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,020
    madforLEGO said: 
    To confirm, the LEGO stores are being told to mix em up.. Maybe LEGO should take the hint and not do this again ever unless they want to see a fight over a plastic figure when two people want it at that moment?
    Worse still, they'll think there is massive demand for classic figures and put six similar firemen in the next unlicensed series next year.
    Onebricktoomany
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 500
    Well, if they did a CMF series of just classic Space, I'm sure I'd buy a case or three (and I hope someone at Lego reads this!). Mix in some new colors in the process. I have no desire for six classic firemen... but classic Spacemen please all day long.
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    So I was out n' bout today running errands and such.  Hit Target, Home Depot, Walmart, Meijer and my Toys r us.  Hadn't been there since the announced closing. Not on initial list.  Really had no desire to pop in as I was looking for series 18 and didn't expect a closing store to have some in their stock.  But my better half wanted to look for some gifts for upcoming birthdays.  Walk over to Lego section and behold!!
    Two messed up boxes... but, see that lonely bag top left in second picture? Yep, that's a policeman!  Found another one a minute later! Picked up the other 3 figures I needed and we headed out. Wasn't until I arrived back home and started to post that I realized the seasonal sets I needed were right there in front of me!!!
    Does that make me a regular moron or a special moron?!  There is a difference!
    gmonkey76DeeC2_Joshmadejp86dehnehsumadforLEGOKingAlanI
    CCC said:
    madforLEGO said: 
    Worse still, they'll think there is massive demand for classic figures and put six similar firemen in the next unlicensed series next year.
    Almost anything is better than only 1 figure per box, specifically if said figure is required to complete a set.
    gmonkey76
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 785
    The Westfield London store (and Leicester Square) don't display boxes of figs, they have racks especially for them.

They told me they put out a fresh box yesterday morning just before I arrived and that there was still a policeman there, but they had mixed them up so didn't know where it was.

I commented that I don't have enough spare time to build all the LEGO i buy, and i definitely didn't have time right then to sit and feel through several boxes worth of figures. But I do understand why they do it. I said I'd be back in a few weeks when the hysteria has died down and perhaps I had more time.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    The classic spaceman could allow for a genuine random chase figure.  Make 1 in every hundred a rare colour and the ability to 'feel the rarity' is immediately negated.
    OnebricktoomanyBrickByBrickdmcc0krklint
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    Probably the best way to get the policeman is walk out of any shop with an already raided minifig box and I'm sure you'll get a policeman 
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76madforLEGOSumoLegoFizyxKingAlanIRainstorm26pirro
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    Based on the historical numbers for all CMF releases (including German Soccer, Olympic, Lego Movies, Simpsons, etc.), the average number of days between new releases is approximately 110 days. Therefore, the next CMF release should (statistically speaking) be in or around the July 20, 2018 timeframe. That's almost another 3 full months for stores to be saturated with Series 18 CMFs and for prices to drop.

I recommend patience young grasshoppers...no doubt TLG knows including only one police officer/case will drive sales (which is their ultimate goal). Most stores including Target, Walmart, etc. will be swimming with Series 18 CMFs within a month. At that point it will be much easier to find the "elusive" police officer, assuming a little effort is put into it. I also expect the price for the police officer to drop below $20 as well (perhaps even below $15) once the stores are saturated.

JMO...
    omnium
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,181
    ^ A modern policeman - not a classic policeman.
    Based on the historical numbers for all CMF releases (including German Soccer, Olympic, Lego Movies, Simpsons, etc.), the average number of days between new releases is approximately 110 days. Therefore, the next CMF release should (statistically speaking) be in or around the July 20, 2018 timeframe. That's almost another 3 full months for stores to be saturated with Series 18 CMFs and for prices to drop.

I recommend patience young grasshoppers...no doubt TLG knows including only one police officer/case will drive sales (which is their ultimate goal). Most stores including Target, Walmart, etc. will be swimming with Series 18 CMFs within a month. At that point it will be much easier to find the "elusive" police officer, assuming a little effort is put into it. I also expect the price for the police officer to drop below $20 as well (perhaps even below $15) once the stores are saturated.

JMO...

Given the number of people that want a complete set, that is with the cop, I seriously doubt that demand, or price, of the police man is going down. If anything it will only go up.
    Again, this is not just a chase figure, it is a figure that is part of the set. I.e. to get a full set, you need the cop. It is just a guess, but my guess is that there are many more people that wants a complete set than a collection minus the cop.
    Every place I have gone to (where they normally have CMF ) they had a lot of series 18, except for the cop. At the LEGO store, there were three other people around the box were looking for a cop to complete sets (fourth if you count the guy looking for 1 for his other son which was not there at the store).
    Then you will have those that want to resell said cop for profit, so they will go cherry pick him whenever they see series 18 boxes lying around. So yeah, 18 packs may be around, but the cop will likely be gone.

IMO 'saturation' of series 18 does not mean that there will be millions of classic cops waiting to be picked. Not when you have resellers that will be lurking and checking ever series 18 display to take them.
    gmonkey76DeeC2_JoshpharmjodFizyxdatsunrobbie
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited April 2018

Given the number of people that want a complete set, that is with the cop, I seriously doubt that demand, or price, of the police man is going down.
    When the policeman was first released, prices on eBay were in the $35 dollar range plus $3 for shipping. I've seen him as low as $25 on eBay so far and only the first batch has been released from TLG with more to come.

IMO 'saturation' of series 18 does not mean that there will be millions of classic cops waiting to be picked. Not when you have resellers that will be lurking and checking ever series 18 display to take them.
    I didn't say there would be "millions of classic cops waiting to be picked." What I said was "it will be much easier to find the "elusive" police officer, assuming a little effort is put into it."

Nobody is going to just walk up and hand the policeman CMF to a poor sap who can't find it. But it's also unlikely most resellers are going to spend their every waking moment parked in every Walmart, Target, TLG, etc. store aisles waiting for new batches of Series 18 boxes to arrive so they can sift through them for the policeman too. Holding a "Will Work for Food" sign on a street corner would be a lot more profitable and efficient way to make money.
    ^-You are assuming that people never go to stores for anything else than CMFs. I have heard many stories from people talking about going to a store and happening across CMF and looking for the figures that are rare or sought after (whether for resell or army building).
    I also have seen plenty of folks in the threads talk about they go to store to store to store to find the figures to sell. Many resellers have nothing better to do than go from store to store every morning to look for such items to turn around and sell, that is their main occupation.
    I just doubt that demand is going to go down much for a figure that is a 1:3 ratio for set building. Again, you need him for a complete set. Will they dip due to availability? I see that, but typically figures in demand go up, not down, especially when stocks dwindle, especially for a piece you need to complete a set.

Now, if LEGO decides that for the following round of cases going out that the cop will be two per box, and not 1? Then I see the price dropping dramatically, and who really knows if LEGO will do that or not (would not surprise me if they did it)?
    ^I don't purchase CMFs for reselling; however, I was able to walk into our local Walmart and find a policeman on my first trip. And I was definitely not the first person at the till...I would estimate there were only about 40 CMFs left and they were mixed in with a bunch of TLBM 2 CMFs. Moreover, I didn't thoroughly search all 40 because I only had a few minutes and was really looking for the Party Clown. Perhaps our local Walmart doesn't have a lot of resellers scoping it out or maybe I just got lucky, but I still believe a person will be able to find a policeman if they put in a little effort.

Either way, I am skeptical that TLG would ever add more policemen to the box...that would be out of character from them. Heck, I doubt they'll even make the effort to move his location within the case. I think having one policeman per box is kind of like Mr. Gold lite, and TLG was fine with that gimmick. In fact, the Series 10 cases flew off the shelves and still sell for a lot of money (albeit there are several other pseudo-rare CMFs in the box as well).
    Well IMO and experience, you got lucky. Also, Mr Gold is not the same situation though IMO. Mr Gold was not a part of the Series 10 set. If you look at a series 10 checklist, he is not included with the set checklist. The policeman is included, though, in the Series 18 checklist; he is part of the set. The policeman is not just being sought after due to him being a chase figure, it is because people need him if they want a complete set. Well when you have enough figures in a series 18 box for 3 sets, EXCEPT for the 1 cop then you run into a problem.
    Especially when you will have people cherry pick when they find series 18 for the cop because they know they will be able to get a great trade or money for it (if they are not just looking for a cop because they think it is a neat figure or to complete their set, of course).

• pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,886
    I still believe the floor for the police man is $15-$20. It will go back up after that. $35 is probably as high as it will go for a long time.
    oldtodd33Farmer_John
  • DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 64
    I was able to find a policeman in the self checkout area at Target this morning. A terrible place to put them IMO, but while I was checking out I figured I check the 5 that were there in front of me. Go figure the little guy was the forth one back. If it was busy there I probably wouldn't have checked but I'm glad I did.
    gmonkey76BrickByBrickmadforLEGO
    To make up for the lack of classic policemen in people's collection, LEGO's next minifig series would be all cops.

And a chase firefighter. 
    Farmer_JohnmadforLEGOBumblepantsFowlerBricks
    To make up for the lack of classic policemen in people's collection, LEGO's next minifig series would be all cops.

And a chase firefighter. 
    sid3windr
    pharmjod said:
    I still believe the floor for the police man is $15-$20. It will go back up after that. $35 is probably as high as it will go for a long time.
    The floor will be dependent on how impatient resellers are to move it and there always seems to be some level of impatience when hoarders are trying to offload their extra stock on a set like this. I agree there should be a few opportunities to pick it up in the $15-$20 range over the next couple months, but I also agree with @madforLEGO that it won't stay there long if it gets in that range. I can definitely see it hitting $35+ again...maybe within a year, so my opinion would be to strongly consider getting it on any sub-$20 dips before it rebounds. JMO.
    pharmjodPumpkin_3CK5