Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 314
    My local Tesco Extra has a few... but individually boxed:

I found a single new box in Hobbycraft, third packet I picked out was the policeman. The girl behind the till said she'd asked a previous 'feeler' to find her a balloon clown and a cactus girl (the first Minifigures she'd ever bought - I think she felt a little embarrassed!), so I obviously wasn't the first to get there. Didn't expect to see a box there though, was in the shop for something totally different. 
    FowlerBricksomnium
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,587
    SumoLego said:
    You're missing the S10 Skydiver.

Oh wait, nobody is missing the S10 Skydiver...
    Actually, I am.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 343
    I'm still waiting for my lame Walmart to get a single case. Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Police Guy. He's neat, but he's no Mister Gold. The Dragon guy and the Unicorn guy excite me more. If I happen upon a Police Guy, I may get him, but I sure won't go hunting all over for him.
    The dragon and unicorn are the ones that I enjoy the most, too. I currently have a platoon of 7 Unicorn Guys. Do I know what I am going to do with them? No. Do I have a million plans that will most likely never come to fruition other than having a bunch of cosplaying unicorns walking around my LEGO city? Probably. 
    AwesomenessFowlerBricksFizyxflordKingAlanIPumpkin_3CK5stlux
    I'm still waiting for my lame Walmart to get a single case. Honestly, I don't care all that much about the Police Guy. He's neat, but he's no Mister Gold. The Dragon guy and the Unicorn guy excite me more. If I happen upon a Police Guy, I may get him, but I sure won't go hunting all over for him.
    The dragon and unicorn are the ones that I enjoy the most, too. I currently have a platoon of 7 Unicorn Guys. Do I know what I am going to do with them? No. Do I have a million plans that will most likely never come to fruition other than having a bunch of cosplaying unicorns walking around my LEGO city? Probably. 
    Do some Lego Photography with Unicorn Guys battling Series 13 Imps. :D
    Fizyx
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401

Of this list, I definitely wouldn't prioritize the police officer as my "first to get."

Guessing those trying to complete a set of series 18 would differ with your opinion.
    As they may with yours...

If people want to get the Police Officer minifigure NOW, then they are going to pay the exorbitant prices being asked on eBay and BL. If they are patient, the price is likely going to be a lot cheaper. This series was just officially launched last week and people will be tired of it within a month...just like they have been with every other CMF series TLG has released.
    FowlerBricks
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,401
    Wow...a dream mother-in-law!
    MooreFXMattDawson
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,495

Of this list, I definitely wouldn't prioritize the police officer as my "first to get."

Guessing those trying to complete a set of series 18 would differ with your opinion.
    As they may with yours...

If people want to get the Police Officer minifigure NOW, then they are going to pay the exorbitant prices being asked on eBay and BL. If they are patient, the price is likely going to be a lot cheaper. This series was just officially launched last week and people will be tired of it within a month...just like they have been with every other CMF series TLG has released.
    I'm not sure the policeman will be a lot cheaper in future. It has not really happened with previous less common ones from more recent series - librarian, medusa, etc. They tend to hold their value, although not the initial peak created by a few sales.
    pharmjodmadforLEGO
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    I'm curious if this series is going to be super available as well. With TRU gone, that was the primary place i saw frequent restocks. Walmart usually gets them in once, then sells out. I think the floor on this figure is $15-$20 regardless.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,248
    pharmjod said:
    I'm curious if this series is going to be super available as well. With TRU gone, that was the primary place i saw frequent restocks. Walmart usually gets them in once, then sells out. I think the floor on this figure is $15-$20 regardless.
    Same with many Targets after series 10-12. A Target near me had many many boxes of I think 10, or 12 for a long time. After that they either never get them at that store, or only get one endcap, then they are gone. Same with other stores in the area, not to say that some TRUs around here only got 1-2 boxes, but you will definitely need to search for them and the cops will only get harder, and not easier, to find (and 4 dollars is much better than even paying a 'lower' aftermarket price of 10-15). Considering how many people likely want complete sets vs those that cherry pick (for whatever reason) you will see the demand be higher than normal for these. Have a wait and see attitude may only cost someone more, not less.
    pharmjod
  • Speedman29Speedman29 Brickswell CloseMember Posts: 1,206
    Picked up another four today in Smyths. There was a mum and son desperately feeling about 200 CMFs for the Policeman, I gave her a hand with no luck.
    FowlerBricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Never seen the locked cases personally. The idea sucks, but might help this time to keep other people from finding the Policeman first if you're willing and able to buy others in the search

A total of about 70 loose bags at 2 WalMarts, no Policemen. I checked on principle. It's a light/small figure, so that helps. I have found chase figures in loose bags before but there hasn't been a figure this chase since the end of my dark ages.

In general for I don't hoard LEGO, I sell ASAP after finding it

Prices have already settled a little bit compared to a week ago but I don't know how much further they'll go down

@BillyBricks84 Unicorn army? I've done army building with S15 Frightening Knight, S16 Rogue and S17 Elf Girl but Unicorn Guy seemed too cartoonish for that

Pumpkin_3CK5
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    Now I wanna see @BillyBricks84 's unicorn platoon and @KingAlanI 's frightening knights take on each other.

Picked up a coupla spider guys and some doubles for the dragon, unicorn, sabotender girl and flower pot chick. 
    KingAlanIFowlerBricks
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 278
    Lego store in my area completely sold out.  No idea when restocking will occur according to csr.
    3 targets sold out. 2 walmarts sold out.  Closest Walmart to me had the hanging box and was well picked through.  Hope these will come back soon!
    KingAlanI
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,248
    edited April 2018
    Lego store in my area completely sold out.  No idea when restocking will occur according to csr.
    3 targets sold out. 2 walmarts sold out.  Closest Walmart to me had the hanging box and was well picked through.  Hope these will come back soon!
    I believe that typically two shipments go out. Some of the other stores I have known to have CMFs have not received their yet, so there is at least one more shipment going out (Which is the same date that those who ordered from Minifiguresplus tend to get theirs). Now does this mean that Targets, Walmarts will get more? not sure, but LEGO likely will and I think it all depends on the store managers for those Targets and Walmarts as to whether they will get another box or not.
    Onebricktoomany
    ^When I'm searching the different stores I do find it fun to see how I'll be "handled" by the csr's.  I'm usually allowed 3 questions before the smile fades and I'm told:
    "I already checked the back and all product is on the shelf."
    "The Lego rep hasn't been here in awhile and he/she is the one to place product on the shelves."
    "Even though the app says there are 17 in stock, the computer system doesn't update in real time."
    Instead of pursuing a logical path of questioning these response's I just choose to move along so as to not have my head explode!

I know, I know...ymmv.  Ugh.
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 223
    It's my first CMF series, in general how long are they usually available for? I'm not too worried as I picked up 2 more today and only have 8 left to find (and I have the cop already) but I hadn't considered that they could sell out before I do...
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,712
    Some are available in seemingly perpetuity... (Simpsons S2) and some are gone within a couple of months.  Although most of the recent sets hang around for 3-4 months.
    KingAlanIgmonkey76Farmer_John
    One WM had them in a hanging box at the end of the LEGO aisle, the other had them in the case tray on a shelf.
    Sometimes Target has CMFs around the checkouts as well as in the toy section, but none lately.
    TLBM S2 seemed to go pretty quickly, relatively soon after TLNM and before S18
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,251
    not a big town here, but it varies a lot, like series 15 was easy to find and available for months, the disney one was gone in a week, I saw the series 14 only once, TLBM series 1 have only been available in toy stores. normal series seem to be easier to find and available longer.
    Legolis said:
    It's my first CMF series, in general how long are they usually available for?
    This series will be easy to find for 3-4 months and probably hang around at least 6-8 months in slow selling stores (where they insist on £2.99 / £3.00 per figure with no discount, such as WHSmiths), but you won't be able to find the policeman if you wait that long.

Farmer_JohnFizyxKingAlanI
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 660
    CCC said:
    Legolis said:
    This series will be easy to find for 3-4 months and probably hang around at least 6-8 months in slow selling stores (where they insist on £2.99 / £3.00 per figure with no discount, such as WHSmiths), but you won't be able to find the policeman if you wait that long.

Honestly, I feel like if you don't have a policeman yet, you'll be lucky to find one at this point.  And in the US, since TRU is all but done, the lifetime of the series will probably depend mostly on how long your local LEGO store stocks them if you're unlucky, since both Target and Walmart are so spotty in their CMF stocking.
    KingAlanI
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,430
    Fizyx said:
    CCC said:
    Legolis said:

Honestly, I feel like if you don't have a policeman yet, you'll be lucky to find one at this point.  And in the US, since TRU is all but done, the lifetime of the series will probably depend mostly on how long your local LEGO store stocks them if you're unlucky, since both Target and Walmart are so spotty in their CMF stocking.
    I agree. All my local stores have been raided already an non of them ever seem to restock their cmfs.
    KingAlanI
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Best chance is just to order from [email protected] and hope you have one (or two...)
    KingAlanI
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I finally managed to snag a police man! WH Smith in Birmingham put out a fresh box and he was the second one I felt :D
    MooreFX
    Fizyx said:

Honestly, I feel like if you don't have a policeman yet, you'll be lucky to find one at this point. 
    I expect that there are still loads of sealed boxes in warehouses or stock rooms. The trick will be getting to them as they are put onto the shop floor.
    MattDawsonFizyxKingAlanIstlux
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 223
    Thanks for the replies, luckily I have the policeman already. Glad I drove around for him now. I still have 8 to find but noticed my local supermarkets still don’t have their stock out yet. So hoping to grab the last that I need as soon as they do. It’s a much shorter run than I thought so glad I asked now. 
    ^I still have four sets to go to complete my set. Luckily, three are very common (Brick Girl, Brick Guy, Rocket Guy). The forth set is the birthday boy, which only has 3/case. Just waiting (like everyone else) for them to be back in stock at Walmart, Target, etc.
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 673
    Bingo! Finally found an untouched display at my local Walmart.
    SumoLegoFowlerBricksMooreFXgmonkey76snowhitie
    ^ Some guy with a white rangefinder just sullied the whole display...
    JBricks27
    And Oos at Lego [email protected]!  Was just putting in an order...
    Finally got some! Didn't get a Police man, but I did get Dragon Guy and Unicorn Guy!
    MooreFXMegtheCat
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    Bingo! Finally found an untouched display at my local Walmart.
    Were there 4 policemen in that display?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 645
    Hmm CMFs or remote controlled boat? Who would've thought the larger product might turn into the impulse buy - it probably would've done if I was there!
    sid3windr
    I like how everything on those shelves are strewn about.  Backwards boxes, exposed cement cinderblocks, boxes that don't fit on shelf.

A merchandiser's nightmare, it is.
    sid3windrstlux
    I already go into stores too often to look for LEGO but now I have an excuse, trying to get to an S18 case before someone else gets to the Policeman.

His price is still around $30. Dragon, Elephant, Unicorn and Cactus, maybe Clown and Race Car, are still going for above MSRP. Brick Suit Guy/Girl are falling further in price. Firework and Cowboy are also on the low end.
    FowlerBricks
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Some guy with a white rangefinder just sullied the whole display...
    I don't get it.
  • ty8888ty8888 CaliforniaMember Posts: 49
    I was at a Lego Store here in Southern California and I asked an employee, who was just hanging out by the CMFs while other customers were trying to feel out the bags, when do they normally put out a new box.  He told me only when it gets down to 2 or 3 bags left.  Does that sound right?  From your experience, what is the best way to convince a store employee to open a new box so you can have a crack of getting the Police Officer?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,105
    ty8888 said:
    what is the best way to convince a store employee to open a new box so you can have a crack of getting the Police Officer?
    Buy up all the remaining packs on the shelf and say you’d like to buy some more if they have them...
    MattDawsonsid3windrFowlerBricksFizyxJern92PolyphemusKingAlanIsnowhitie
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,414
    Shib said:
    ty8888 said:
    what is the best way to convince a store employee to open a new box so you can have a crack of getting the Police Officer?
    Buy up all the remaining packs on the shelf and say you’d like to buy some more if they have them...
    All I have to do is ask and 9 times out of ten they will get a new box for me if they have it. It also helps that I stop in at least once a week, and everyone knows me by name. It's gotten to the point that if there is a new employee there they make a point to introduce me to them. 
    omniumMegtheCatdavetheoxygenmanFowlerBricksstlux
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Just managed to find a Policeman in an half empty box in WH Smith in Chester, he was right at the back on the left hand side. Considering how ruffled the box was I was shocked to find him there. 
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76omniumKingAlanI
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    Lots of you are doing much better than me, i'm still searching, and have had zero luck finding the policeman so far. I wouldn't mind buying one, but my rational side won't let me spend the extra money, when I know there must still be some out there in the shops for just £3. :(
  • mmozzanommozzano UKMember Posts: 413
    Pebbles said:
    Lots of you are doing much better than me, i'm still searching, and have had zero luck finding the policeman so far. I wouldn't mind buying one, but my rational side won't let me spend the extra money, when I know there must still be some out there in the shops for just £3. :(

Keep at it, pure luck I found one today. I had convinced myself I didn't need him as I mostly wanted the costumed characters anyway.   I certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay the current going rate on bricklink or ebay. 

That's said, he's a lovely figure. Just need the clown now to finish the set. 

Pebbles
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    I'll keep trying, I'd just like to try and finish the series without spending an arm and a lego. :D
    mmozzanosid3windrSumoLego
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 740
    Pebbles said:
    Nowhere near me stocks them, so I have little chance just now. But they'll be available for a while yet and I hope the hysteria will die down before they go out of stock.

My only hope is a trip to the LEGO Store, I'm next there on Saturday.
    Fizyxrd1899
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 950
    Just got a Spider-suit boy and the blue Brick suit girl at a toy shop, the two boxes there had been thoroughly searched already.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    ^I'd say you've got a serious problem ;-)
    FizyxCCCSumoLegoAddicted2Oxygencaterham7JohnnyfinlandiaandheTyresOFlaherty
    iso3200 said:
    ^I'd say you've got a serious problem ;-)

Nothing that peeling a bit of wallpaper won't fix.
    Bumblepantscaterham7Johnyk668dmcc0andhegraphite