Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

DC Comics, Super Heroes - Limited Edition Bat-Pod (June 2015)

1202122232426»

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    ^ Well worth avoiding the hassle.  I highly recommend their parts sets!
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,147
    It took me about $100ish to get all the peices. I had a friend on here sell me the shields at a good rate though, and right now those pieces are probably the highest cost.

The other parts I had trouble sourcing were some of the dark grey wedges. I'm not sure if B&P has restocked them, but to get those 4 wedges and a couple other pieces was about $20 after shipping from a single source on Bricklink. I sadly don't remember which parts and store off the top of my head though.

All other parts I got from B&P, which after sales tax totaled up to about $80. So all in all just over $100 for mine, but that was with getting the shields early.

Meant to build both The Tumbler and the Bat-Pod during my vacation this past week, but only had a chance to build Red Five.
  • gandalfthebrickgandalfthebrick Member Posts: 40
    Very happy with the final result! 
    bandit778Farmer_Johnkiki180703chuckpJackad7SumoLegoprevere
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 612
    OK gang, so I am sitting down and trying to buy parts. I see that I can buy quite a lot of them via B&P. Having never bought individual parts before, am I better off trying to get them from Bricklink or is B&P cost effective. My take is it seems convenient to get as many pieces as possible from one place. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    I prefer to use the B&P site, as it removes the potential for sub-standard bricks.  I normally try to buy as much as possible at one time to 'justify' the shipping expense. (Or rather - to avoid paying multiple shipping costs from BL shops.)
    CommanderRaabkiki180703
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    ^ Yes getting them through Lego can be cost effective. I'm not sure if B&P still counts for points during Double VIP, but Pick a Brick does. I just put through a huge PAB order for double points, free shipping, and a (lame) promo. Because of where I happen to live the biggest savings is the shipping, therefore the bigger the order, the better the deal.

By contrast I also just did a small Bricklink order for $20, but the seller is charging me $7 for shipping.
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    The biggest impact to your wallet will be sourcing the two tires and the six #92222 pieces required to build this set. So much so that any savings of double VIP points on the other pieces will be almost negligible. Focus on getting these eight pieces for the lowest possible price and the rest of the Bat-Pod will be cheap by comparison.
    CommanderRaabSumoLegokiki180703
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    The tyres most recent appearance, #42050 so they should be easily obtainable.
    CommanderRaabkiki180703
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,943
    Tyres are easily obtainable but are still £5.83 on the [email protected] replacement parts site although that is still cheaper than most of them on Bricklink (or all if you include shipping).
    CommanderRaabkiki180703
  • Farmer_JohnFarmer_John USA - 4,035 Miles from 62 West Wallaby St., Wigan, Lancashire, UKMember Posts: 2,404
    edited March 2017
    Yes...all parts for the LE Bat-Pod are all easily obtainable...including the two tires and the six #92222 pieces. The point is that these parts are the most expensive to acquire by far for this set, and will dwarf the benefits of getting double VIP points. But I agree...you gotta save money where you can.
    So having moved house shortly after buying all the bits for this, I am *finally* getting round to unpacking some boxes and came across my batpod and custom display. @Legoboy the link above doesn't work, do you happen to know why? I *think* I remember ordering a sticker, but can't be sure. And seem to recall more chat about the custom Bane and Catwoman display
    oh wait, haha you can just search for the name of the thread and I found it :)
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,127
    @CommanderRaab You definitely bought a sticker, I remember that!
    CommanderRaab