Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brick Separator Overflow

13»

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    We have in excess of a dozen, of the orange ones, two of the new green, two old gray and at least two or three of the old green ones! I think the orange ones multiply at night!
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    When this thread started I had 3 in total, one green and others orange. Since then I reckon I've picked up another green one and around 11 orange ones. It seems they are now in medium-large sets. I got most of mine from super heroes sets like te funhouse escape or the bat cave. I always keep 2 handy now. The orange ones are great for removing tiles from plates.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 298
    I once told my dentist nearly a year ago that I'd buy a brick separator, as he didn't like me using my teeth. As of now, I use standard Technic pieces to dislodge axles and pins, and I use the spanner/wrench and the newer crowbar to remove tiles. I still have been putting off buying a brick separator.
  • ACWWGal2011ACWWGal2011 Member Posts: 534
    cody6268 said:

I once told my dentist nearly a year ago that I'd buy a brick separator, as he didn't like me using my teeth. As of now, I use standard Technic pieces to dislodge axles and pins, and I use the spanner/wrench and the newer crowbar to remove tiles. I still have been putting off buying a brick separator.

You can get them cheap of BL. there's a huge number of results for under a buck and I got mine for about 60 cents a piece.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @cody6268 Or you can pm me your address and I'll gift you a couple!
    flowerpotgirl
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,662
    Zombie thread! I have 114 orange brick separators. Only three of the sets I got them in cost less than $49.99. So since 2011, when they started appearing in larger sets, I've bought 111 sets that were AT LEAST $49.99? Holy crap... I know I spend a lot on LEGO, but... wow. At $2.69 apiece at the LEGO store... I have more than $300 worth of brick separators?!? Addicted to LEGO? No, of course not; I can quit any time... Ha!  
    Astrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,354
    I've got 56 orange, 4 green (two modern, two old-style) and 34 gray (old-style).

Blah!
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,588
    More than 200, less than 300. One day I will find a use for them all. :)

• DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    I had a load in my store and never expected them to shift at all. Occasionally got an order for 1 or 2 then the other day someone bought them all, all 174 of them!!! Delighted to see them go and would love to know what they plan to use them for. 

Bumblepantsomniumsnowhitiedmcc0
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,709
    8 or 9 I think. :)
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    Daragh said:
    I had a load in my store and never expected them to shift at all. Occasionally got an order for 1 or 2 then the other day someone bought them all, all 174 of them!!! Delighted to see them go and would love to know what they plan to use them for. 

Yeah, a few years back somebody bought around 200 from me.  Now I'm back at 200 or so again.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 793
    Rebrickable tells me I have 57 of them.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    edited April 2018
    Brickset says i own 91 orange ones and 1 green. I know I own more than that.  I'd like a grey one, but not enough to go to bricklink :)

I think it's about time LEGO removed them from sets and started giving them away free via retailers as a "promo" item.
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 637
    edited April 2018
    fitzyfitz said:
    Has anybody managed to use them for MOCing yet? I've been mulling over using them upside down as a roof, but only have two of them so far.

A guy in our lug used them to build a roof for a transit station.  I don't have any pictures though...

I have well over 100 of them in various places.

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,056
    omnium said:
    Brickset says i own 91 orange ones and 1 green. I know I own more than that. 
    The part number changed at some point. I thought I was not too bad at just over 100 but then saw I had 70+ more as a different number. 
    omnium
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,318
    136 of new orange ones according to Brickset (so 140 including ones from sets I've parted out for my MOC supplies), 1 of the new green ones & we have one of each of the old ones thanks to @xiahna's childhood Lego collection. So all up, 143 brick separators old & new.
    xiahna
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,990
    Just the 32 for me, though I've no idea where most of them are, got a handful in a my unsorted pile and a one sat on the roof of a modular building so its close at hand!
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    I thought I had heaps. Now I feel pathetic! I think I have two or three dozen of the current orange ones, a modern green one and two old green ones (purchased individually many years ago). I always thought the old ones would be the only ones I would ever have, so I kept them safe. Now they're everywhere. I even have the new keychain one. You never know when you'll need to disassemble Lego!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,847
    According to Rebrickable (that I only just imported my Brickset data to after seeing the comment above), I have 304 orange ones and 4 of the modern green ones. 99% of what I use them for is using the back end to apply stickers though.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 945
    According to Brickset, I have 215 orange ones (97 still sealed) and 1 modern green.
    I keep 4 always at hand (2 at home and 2 at the office). The rest of the non-sealed are in PAB cups.