Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's your LEGO 'status' today?

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,758
    edited March 2012
    Blimey, it must be a day of generosity. Likewise, I was offered 3 polys from a Don today. A little worried since I don't yet know what he might ask for in the future. :-)

But like you say, a generous and supportive place to be. I wonder when Huw's going to provide a toll free phone number.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,896
    "Invoicing, packing, shipping, buying, receiving, parting, listing... repeat."
    Yup.
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    The Collectible Minifig craze has reached me!
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    "Tempted by the Dark Side"

My msib collectors edition Falcon 10179 arrived in the mail today!! I want to keep it sealed up for now but oh...how it tempts me!
    ^Build it! Its an amazing set. What was the point of buying it then? :)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Built first version of ADU monorail today for my Alien Conquest MOC to be displayed this weekend at our LUG's Brickworld Indy show:
    http://www.brickworld.us/indy/

So much more to build... so little time...
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Still sorting all my old lego by color and size after 3 days. Contemplating going to the store to get more plastic containers.
    edited March 2012
    duplicate post...
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited March 2012
    Fire Temple just arrived. Still not convinced it's better than the Dragon Fortress I'm about to sell, but will reserve judgement until I've built it. I guess one's Chinese and the other's Japanese, so there's room for both, eh?
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    mine would be

"wish my pick a brick order would hurry up so can move on to stage 2"
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    "It's always a good day when you have packages on the way." It's Christmas every week =)
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    I have a team of business analysts who work for me, and as it was my quarterly team meeting, I broke up the days session by having a few quiz questions. The prize for each question was a collectible minifigure (series 5). I sometimes wonder if they think I am a bit crazy given my position, but the figures went down great.
    @richo - Well as a business analyst, I hope you put the cmfs down on your expenses.
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Still deciding which set to splash out on for my first real set as a collector.
    Waiting for 2 packages.
    @Brewer51 psstt FireBrigade =X
    @flump6523,

no, out of my own pocket!

one of the questions involved a practical as a I handed out 6 x 2x4 lego bricks to a few people and asked them to guess the maximum no of combinations. Nobody got anywhere near the 915 million!

The things you learn working for me!

rich
    @BrickDancer

You almost hit the nail on the head! I've heard that's EOLing soon and Modulars (aside from Market Street and Cafe Corner because of pricing) are one of the themes I want to get into as a serious collector. Also, my girlfriend has told me she'd quite like to help with the modulars!

However, I'm pining for Tower Bridge. I love it, and I want something with lots and lots of pieces to keep me occupied.
    If you add up Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop, and Townhall; you'll certainly have more pieces than Tower Bridge to keep you busy =)

My girlfriend is in love with the Modulars (along with Friends & Winter Village) and built half of the Townhall for me, including the sorting before me getting home from work. Its unisex in appeal, so it'll be a good bonding experience.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Waiting to purchase the death star till the 15th.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Getting ready to leave for Brickworld Indy, emailing a friend to organize a trip to LEGO Discovery Center Atlanta for spring break, and wondering when I'll find time to get all the information together for our trip to LEGOland Florida in June. Obsessed? Us?
    @BrickDancer

Whatever my choice, whether I pick TB or not...I'll definitely be getting the Modulars! Either before or after. I've been after some-one to tell me outright how good the modulars are, and you've just sold me.

Thankyou for that.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Gave a talk at an International Women's Day event. Managed to slip 2 LEGO slides in ;)
    ^ great work! friends by any chance?
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Nope. My lego lab and my lego roller derby :) Could do a whole talk on friends next year!
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    Dismayed that my 9 year old son said that he thinks we have too much LEGO.
    And he has no idea how much more is hidden in the closets.
    Where have I gone wrong?
    Lol...my son kinda' said the same thing. Like we got a 'good collection Dad...I don't need more except for any Castle, Kingdom sets..'
    He's picky'er when we go to the store now. Which is fine by me. Narrows things down to just the bigger kits. Minecraft has taken him over recently...so we still gotta' get the Lego Minecraft kit!
    @LostInTranslation....yep, the Brickset community is great. Had a nice trade with Atkinsar...we plan on another (reminds me to mail out the new one to him...;)
    Waiting for 2 packages.
    Make that 3 packages. :)

Going Maersk crazy, guess the bug finally bit.
    ^Lol - just received mine! :o) Happy.
    delivered a Maersk to a fellow brickset member on the way to working down south! :-)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,846
    The lego i rented out to a friend for a window display are back. Now just wonder where the hell to put them as i may have filled the gaps.
  • legonut80legonut80 UKMember Posts: 314
    Waiting for Lego that's not even mine, I'm still excited :)
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Glad I reserved the fire-temple yesterday - increased to £50 today.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @legonut80 you're welcome to build it if you want :)
  • tdhbrtdhbr Member Posts: 188
    Kids' spring break started today ... my two sons on the floor, working on Destiny's Bounty and T-Rex Hunter ... and I'm trying to remember why I didn't get myself something to build. :(
    Work is really getting in the way of my Lego habit...
    Going to the lego store at some point today to get some trains. :)
    I bought my daughter 3933 Olivia's Invention Workshop. The first Friends set I have bought.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,550
    Ripping into some polybags I got today, and some I've been hoarding for a while :-)
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    edited March 2012
    Ripping......polybags!! Not gonna sort you out anymore!!

Had a great Lego day!!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,550
    ^Heehee, sorry mate, but I couldn't resist :P
    Yep, fab Lego day :-) Nice to meet your missus by the way.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    Motorized my Hogwarts Express this morning, ran to WM to grab a couple of the Friends polys, going to motorize my 7722, then probably do some more parts sorting so I can get all the bins out of my living room.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,502
    edited March 2012
    Went to the Lego Store today with my kids. They moved the whole store across to the other side of the isle and doubled it's size. It now has the large corporate PAB wall which I don't really like too much. Bigger isn't really better in this case. Anyway, I finally bought Joust and got some Ninjago sets for the kids. I didn't see any FB at all nor any series 6 but I didn't look for them either. I will save my recent 10% coupon for Town Hall.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ...It now has the large corporate PAB wall which I don't really like too much. Bigger isn't really better in this case...
    What did it have before then?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,502
    I was just 2 free standing racks with about 20 bins in each that would hold about 2.5 gallons of water. They hardly ever had 2 x 4 bricks in them so most pieces were specialty parts and now there are 2 x's everywhere. But the best part is that they were spread about 5 five feet apart and were arranged in a circle so many people could be there at once. Now with the wall it seems everyone is in each others way trying to get the parts they want.
    building the creator ferry, and enjoying the proper lego ... you know, actual bricks.
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    Trying to find a used Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. (crossed fingers) I have an IPad2 64gb to trade.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^LOL. And are you also preparing to purchase "The New iPad"?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,316
    nope, my husband is giving me his iphone.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Sorting over 200lbs of Lego. It seemed like a good buy at the time. :\