Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,565
    edited February 2018

Ok, so I normally post on the http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24229/leaks-and-more-leaks thread, as I've seen them earlier, but now that the images are official:

1. Set combining ( #76102 #76107 ) is a carry over from Star Wars (The Ghost, I think) and I'm curious if it's elsewhere as well. Although I'm slightly sceptical about the need to buy 2 sets to get a complete vehicle, if it means we get a bigger overall ship which wouldn't otherwise be released then I'm reasonably happy. I was buying the big set anyway.

2. Sanctum neighbourhood set #76108 is definitely a draw for me, despite the exposed technic and the lack of detail inside. For me it's pretty much the printed Window of the Worlds piece. Everything else is gravy.

3. Hulkbuster #76104 has a story spoiler in it (if the set is movie accurate - I suppose that's likely). I already have a version of this but the legs look better on this one despite still not having knee articulation, and the arms are chunkier. The whole build just looks more 'correct', and is better proportioned than the images of the UCS Hulkbuster that I've seen.

4. #76103 #76101 - I know nothing about these apart from the minifigs and have few opinions about them: Steve Rogers has a beard, Black Widow is blonde, and the Corvus Glaive Thresher set has a member of the Dora Milaje in it that I'm not sure who it is because I've not seen enough Wakandan content yet (might be Okoye - my knowledge of Black Panther is limited until I see the film). These two are the most likely to go in my "If steeply discounted" list.

What does everyone else think?

FowlerBricksFizyxblakusdk
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 550
    #76108 Sanctum Sanctorum is a definite for me. For the first time, I'm considering buyer multiples in order to flesh it out a bit, though ultimately price will be the determining factor.

I was originally going to give the Hulkbuster a miss, since I have the old one, but it is an improvement and I like the Bruce Banner minifig, so I'll get this once the price drops a bit.

#76101 is the only other set I'll pick up, as I like the bearded Cap figure. Again, I'll probably wait for until it's discounted a bit.

Any ideas on the UK pricing yet?
    MaffyD
    ^^ Might be Shuri, not Okoye in #76103
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 796
    Keep in mind that each set seems to have a different Infinity Gem included in it also, so if you want to complete your Infinity Gauntlet, then you're going to have to get each set!  (or Bricklink them, which honestly shouldn't be too bad since it looks like ~4+ come with each set.)
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 732
    Fizyx said:
    Keep in mind that each set seems to have a different Infinity Gem included in it also, so if you want to complete your Infinity Gauntlet, then you're going to have to get each set!  (or Bricklink them, which honestly shouldn't be too bad since it looks like ~4+ come with each set.)
    It's also worth keeping in mind that all of them are likely to appear in Infinity War Part II or whatever they end up calling the fourth Avengers movie. So for the patient, these aren't going away just yet. They may even end up all appearing in a single set when that movie rolls around.

I'm very excited for these parts, and hoping the Bricklink price is favorable due to all the extras in each set. I could see these being great accessories for Elves MOCs (coming in colors roughly analogous to the main elemental colors in that theme and working with the accessory holes of most mini-doll hairpieces), or possibly for eyes on a Bionicle-type figure.
    Fizyx
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    Let's face it, everyone here knows that with the exception of three SDCC minifigures (just a factor of time & money), the constraction figures (not doing) & the NY toy fair minifigures (again not doing, ugly as, at any price), I will be adding all of these to my collection, but I am particularly interested in the Sanctum Sanctorum, I'm planning on combining that with the first Doc Strange set & modularising the result.
    SumoLegoFizyxMaffyDxiahna
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,025
    VorpalRyu said:
    ...but I am particularly interested in the Sanctum Sanctorum, I'm planning on combining that with the first Doc Strange set & modularising the result.
    Yes, indeed.  I was planning on bastardizing a Parisian Restaurant or a Pet Shop for the same purpose.

Thankfully, this will solve that problem!
    FizyxVorpalRyuLuLego
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 932
    SumoLego said:
    VorpalRyu said:
    ...but I am particularly interested in the Sanctum Sanctorum, I'm planning on combining that with the first Doc Strange set & modularising the result.
    Yes, indeed.  I was planning on bastardizing a Parisian Restaurant or a Pet Shop for the same purpose.

Thankfully, this will solve that problem!
    Should the acronym ‘BOC’ be added to the list of abbreviations?

I often use this term myself when I’ve modified sets. 
    SumoLegoToc13
    I'm so, so tempted to try my hand at putting together a 'better' Sanctorum using my older set plus this one and some extra parts (an extra #76108 maybe?) but I'm very concerned that my efforts will not match the vision in my head, which would make me disappoint. Also, slippery slope to modular must not be taken! I've been burnt by similar things in the past (Technic Porsche leading to the Bugatti being the most recent possible example, but my OT SW rule is also being bent).
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 992
    ^ Rule 1 - there are no rules...
    I don't think you'd be doing the wrong thing by using multiple Sanctums and the original Dr Strange set.  You'll be using sets that in a worse case scenario are highly unlikely to depreciate in the mid- long term so of your MOC is truly terrible you'll at least break even on the back end...
    SumoLegoMaffyD
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,868
    My modularization plan for the Sanctum is to make two seperate 16x32s out of it. One Sanctum and one NYC style apartment building. Will need to add a copy of the middle floor to both of them for height. Probably make some modifications to the new floors to keep it interesting and utilize parts I already own to avoid buying a second copy of the set.
    MaffyD
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,451
    edited February 2018
    My plan is to make two 32x32 modulars out of it. One Sanctum, and one pizza joint/apartment. Will probably go five stories on the apartment, but will have to see if it looks too tall next to the official modulars.
    MaffyD
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 751
    I think a lot of us will be modifying that Sanctum Sanctorum for a modular city. I certainly will. As usual, the building-based sets are amazing. Lego doesn't need a new vehicle to deep Super Hero sets.
    Lego doesn't need a new vehicle to deep Super Hero sets.
    Exactly.  We need yet another Milano and four new vehicles.. one stolen from Rock Raiders.  I'm surprised there isn't a jeep of some sort.

(And a helicopter....)

I guess the Milano is the Marvel Millennium Falcon.
    VorpalRyuGoldchainsflord
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 627
    SumoLego said:
    I thought that was the quinjet?
    icey117
    SumoLego said:
    I thought that was the quinjet?
    By my count it's three of each? With two Quinjet polys and one Milano poly?  I suppose it could be the X-Wing.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    SumoLego said:
    Exactly.  We need yet another Milano and four new vehicles.. one stolen from Rock Raiders.  I'm surprised there isn't a jeep of some sort

(And a helicopter....)

I guess the Milano is the Marvel Millennium Falcon..

(And a lighthouse....)

flord
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    edited February 2018
    I think a lot of us will be modifying that Sanctum Sanctorum for a modular city. I certainly will. As usual, the building-based sets are amazing. Lego doesn't need a new vehicle to deep Super Hero sets.
    I probably won't at first.  I will probably just place it next to my Parisian Restaurant in my city block.  Style seems similar, so I think that they will look good together. 

VorpalRyu said:
    X-Wing? The Milano is the MARVEL universe's Millennium Falcon...

Its the Milano-yo Falcon. 
    VorpalRyuSumoLegoFizyxmsandersstlux
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 751
    edited February 2018
    SumoLego said:
    Exactly.  We need yet another Milano and four new vehicles.. one stolen from Rock Raiders.  I'm surprised there isn't a jeep of some sort.
    I'm just bummed we don't get a 4th Quinjet. I need like 7 more to feel complete on the inside. 
    SumoLego
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 196
    SumoLego said:
    I'm just bummed we don't get a 4th Quinjet. I need like 7 more to feel complete on the inside. 
    Maybe they’ll do one for Avengers 4-it can come with Hawkeye, Drax, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, and another character or two who’s been left out of the Infinity War sets.
    SearchlightRG said:
    Maybe they’ll do one for Avengers 4-it can come with Hawkeye, Drax, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, and another character or two who’s been left out of the Infinity War sets.
    I hope they make some set with Hawkeye, that's the only set I'd buy
    datsunrobbie
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 556

Maybe it's a Lego leak as to who doesn't make it to Infinity War pt2????
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,637
    ^And Thor with a missing eye!
    Maybe Dr. Strange can time-turn his eye back.  Or Rocket will just finish stealing... THAT GUY'S EYE.
    FowlerBricksBumblepantsstluxgmonkey76xiahna

Ok, so a lot to respond to on here! Awesome ideas about upgrading the Sanctorum. I wish I had more parts hanging around to just change it, but that's one of the problems of collecting sets instead of parts...

I just want one more Quinjet - a UCS version - then I'll be happy that I've got a variety at different sizes (okay, maybe a mighty micros Quinjet would be nice too - shame they didn't use that for the Captain America vs. Red Skull one). I also want an official UCS Milano, obviously.

I'm also perturbed about the absence of some characters from the minifig line-up, but I can accept that they will pop up in the next film (but I'm not going to check who is or isn't in it, as that might lead me into spoiler territory).

The helicopter of the Marvel range is the motorbike. We always need more of those, especially Captain America - he keeps wanting to throw them at bad guys.

Toc13
    There could be another wave down the road, but definitely one for next year's movie.
    FowlerBricks
    SumoLego said:
    There could be another wave down the road, but definitely one for next year's movie.
    There's also the possibility of, even if not a discrete wave, an unrevealed store-exclusive set or two (possibly released after the rest of the sets tied to the movie). Think something similar to the Civil War set with Spider-Man.
    FowlerBricksSumoLego
    Or we could all jump to the conclusion that if you don't have an Infinity War minifig - you're being killed-off!
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuxiahna
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,451
    ^I think it's safe to say anyone whose contract is expiring will be killed off, but thats the great thing about comic books no one really dies. They can always be brought back, it just might not be the same actor or gender.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 780
    ^ The odd 'send off' for Robert Downey Jr and Gwenyth Paltrow at the end of Iron Man 3 proves that many of the actors will come back even if it seems like they're being written out! Plus you've also got the idea that some characters can inherit the mantle as you say. Ant Man has already shown this in action! Some characters you can't really inherit the mantle from (Hulk) so you just recast them discretely. Can't say the War Machine recasting was particularly discrete though due to how vocal the actors were.

Plus, on the subject of not really dying.. you know... Agent Coulson at the very beginning of the first season of Agents of Shield...
    catwrangler
    I don't think either one of those characters we 'done' at the end of Iron Man 3.  And I wouldn't assume an actor's contract status has anything to do with their character arc.

Nobody likes to turn down money.  Or be involved in a wildly successful franchise.
    VorpalRyuxiahna
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 680
    Lego doesn’t like to turn down money. That USC Hulkbuster is overpriced.
    SumoLegodonutboyFizyxSamJ
    ^ According to a Gizmodo article a friend sent me, the UCS Hulkbuster will retail for US$120 & has 1,363 pieces. I was just looking at the info on Brickset to get an idea on price for Australia, most of the sets in that price point have an average piece count of around 800-1,200 elements (& vary in price points from AU$159.99 to AU$199.99).

https://io9.gizmodo.com/iron-mans-hulkbuster-suit-is-getting-the-giant-lego-set-1823098680?IR=T
    Lyichirxiahna
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,885
    edited February 2018
    flord said:
    Lego doesn’t like to turn down money. That USC Hulkbuster is overpriced.
    It's less than the number that was being thrown around before the announcement. Assuming it will be a wide release set it will be 20-40% off or more eventually.
    FizyxstluxMaffyDflord
    According to Jay's Brick Blog, it will retail for AU$199.99 here, I was hoping it would be a little bit lower, but with the last two third party IP sets I can remember (#21136 Ocean Monument & #75157 Captain Rex's AT-TE) both retailing for that price here, I'm not completely shocked.
    xiahna
    All this time I’d been thinking that Supergiant had been left out of the Infinity War sets: turns out she’s been left out of the movie. Kind of sad to do the Black Order and leave one out; doesn’t seem like one more character would have been much trouble in such a cast heavy movie.

Then again, there’s also no indication of Agent 13 or any Asgardians besides Thor taking part thus far...
    All this time I’d been thinking that Supergiant had been left out of the Infinity War sets: turns out she’s been left out of the movie. Kind of sad to do the Black Order and leave one out; doesn’t seem like one more character would have been much trouble in such a cast heavy movie.

Then again, there’s also no indication of Agent 13 or any Asgardians besides Thor taking part thus far...
    It's possible that characters like that might be being saved for Part 2... no need to use up all their characters in what's just the first half of a larger story.
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    Does anyone know if there are any sets coming out for the Ant-Man and Wasp film?  There doesn't seem to be an Ant-man fig in any of the Infinity Wars sets.
    I would guess at least 1 set for AMATW. It obviously isn't as prominent as an Avengers film or Infinity War, but even the more left field movies like Dr Strange still had one single set. Plus, Ant Man 1, until QC got control of it
  • 1x11x1 Member Posts: 122
    That's what I thought but with the film out in July I thought maybe an image would have been leaked by now? I suppose that's still 3 months away so maybe it'll appear soon.
    Lyichir said:

It's possible that characters like that might be being saved for Part 2... no need to use up all their characters in what's just the first half of a larger story.
    Not likely to see any other Asgardians in the action, apart from how the events played out in Ragnarok, the trailers for IW seem to indicate Thanos attacks Thor vessel to claim the Tesseract & the Asgardians a slain in the process.
    xiahna
    ^Kind of a shame if it’s the case: seems like most of the Avengers with their own supporting casts got to bring at least one member along. Of course, maybe for Thor that role is filled by Hawkeye and Bruce.
    Korg and Miek supposedly survive, I think. I don't know if they'll have any role in Infinity war, but they're supposed to show back up at some point
    BumblepantsFizyx
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,868
    edited March 2018
    Korg and Miek supposedly survive, I think. I don't know if they'll have any role in Infinity war, but they're supposed to show back up at some point
    Oh look at that! Miek isn't dead! 
    MaffyDMrKettleBrickByBrickFizyxFowlerBricksReesesPieces
    Where else can Korg get a steady stream of eggs?
    I heard Valkyrie subdues Thanos by drinking him under the table using Asgardian mead
    I heard Valkyrie subdues Thanos by drinking him under the table using Asgardian mead
    Well, she is appearing in the film-I hadn't noticed before, presumably because the Wikipedia cast list doesn't have her with the "A-names"; she's down in the section where they list the more minor characters.
    FowlerBricks
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,521
    Ok so it looks like a detailed write up of the first 25 minutes has been leaked online.  Presumably includes all the Asguardian/Xandar stuff so jokes aside can we please keep this thread spoiler free!  This is one film  I really want the full experience in cinema of it!
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 69
    Ok so it looks like a detailed write up of the first 25 minutes has been leaked online.  Presumably includes all the Asguardian/Xandar stuff so jokes aside can we please keep this thread spoiler free!  This is one film  I really want the full experience in cinema of it!
    Although, I think based on the events of previous films, we can infer it probably won’t end well for them. Don’t know for sure, as I don’t plan on reading that write-up either, just an educated guess.