Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 588
    samtheq said:
    I keep hearing April 20 is the release, which is a release date for other new Lego items.

Here's a good question:  in the past, are all boxes of CMF identical in their internal make-up? If there are 3, 4, and 5 of some figures in a box that we've seen, does it mean it will be that way for ALL boxes, that you may run into anywhere?
    Yes, I think so. It may have been different between US/Europe, I'm not sure, but as far as I know all boxes are the same in contents
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 664
    samtheq said:
    I keep hearing April 20 is the release, which is a release date for other new Lego items.

Here's a good question:  in the past, are all boxes of CMF identical in their internal make-up? If there are 3, 4, and 5 of some figures in a box that we've seen, does it mean it will be that way for ALL boxes, that you may run into anywhere?
    Yes, each box has an identical make up for minifig distribution.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,515
    Series 3 had two different boxes with different distributions but since then all have been the same (except Series 10 if it contained a Mr Gold).
    BrickByBrickFizyx
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2018
    ^ There were different distributions in series 16 also.

I think also that the US got boxes of 30 instead of 60 at some point (possibly still do) but I can't shed more light on it than that, but pretty sure other forum members can confirm it.
    Error: I meant aswell as above, not instead of.
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I'll be waiting for the boxes to be out in Walmart so that I can look for the Police minifigure...yet, another crappy situation for most of us. 
    gmonkey76BrickByBrick
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667
    I’ve read elsewhere that the release date is April 1st.
    OnebricktoomanyCM4SMooreFX
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 280
    flord said:
    I’ve read elsewhere that the release date is April 1st.

Shhhh....
    gmonkey76CM4SMooreFXJohnnyfinlandia
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 152
    Hello all, 

Due to high demand, we are increasing the price of the pre-order for all new orders after this post:

Box: $221
    Set: $73

If you have already DM'd, you will get the original price. We will try to get more supply to meet the demand, but this price will likely not go down again.

Welp, you know the saying: "Grab them before they are gone!"
    FizyxMegtheCatRakul
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 691
    Apparently a few Tesco stores have had them out early and then been told to remove them again...can anyone confirm or deny?
  • LegolisLegolis Leeds, UKMember Posts: 224
    Not in my local. Still 2 for £6 on polys, a few small ninjago reductions and a shedload of Batman CMFs. :(
  • kizkizkizkiz londonMember Posts: 95
    Have seen pics on Facebook, so certainly happened somewhere
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,298
    I wonder if we will see them at TRU’s liquidation sales?!?
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    they been spoted at legoland discovery center 
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,034
    For UK peeps (or possibly EU) I have some more sealed sets of 16 available in the marketplace if you want to save hunting and feeling.

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/28294/fs-uk-eu-cmf-series-18-sets-of-16-sealed#latest

• kayakmichkayakmich SE MichiganMember Posts: 9
    Lego minifigure 18 is now at LEGOLAND Discovery in Michigan, $5 each.

• InfinitymanInfinityman United StatesMember Posts: 107
    $5? I was near there just yesterday, but I guess I'll wait.
  • CathyVTCathyVT VermontMember Posts: 81
    $5? Odd. Lego Shop at home is saying $3.99 - they have it posted and "coming soon".
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,271
    CathyVT said:
    $5? Odd. Lego Shop at home is saying $3.99 - they have it posted and "coming soon".
    LEGOLAND discovery centers are not owned by LEGO, so it is not odd at all.
    gmonkey76
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 515
    My local WH Smith had a box out today. Popped in to exchange an unwanted gift, so picked one up. Got the Spider costume, which is one I wanted, as it'll go great with my Haunted House.
    Not sure how I feel about them as a series; I think they all look great, but I doubt I'll get many since they don't fit with anything I have on display, unlike most series which have at least a couple of generic "job" type minifigures.
    kayakmichFowlerBricks
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 691
    Just in Smyths Aberdeen just as they were putting them out thankfully..got me a Policeman so i know i have a full setat least.
    kayakmichFowlerBricksMegtheCatpharmjod
  • legomaniaclegomaniac Member Posts: 12
    Legoland CA has them in the Big Shop. $4.99 
    FowlerBricks
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 459
    Called into Smyths in Galway today and saw they had a box at one of the closed registers so dove in and managed to snag the 17. Had some weird looks from the girl on the register beside me and the security guard by the door! :-) But they were impressed I was able to work out what was in each bag
    FowlerBricksMegtheCatomnium
  • JRLJRL UKMember Posts: 85
    edited March 2018
    God the policeman is on eBay for thirty odd quid already and they haven’t even been officially released yet. How depressing. 
    omnium
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 320
    Muftak1 said:
    Called into Smyths in Galway today and saw they had a box at one of the closed registers so dove in and managed to snag the 17. Had some weird looks from the girl on the register beside me and the security guard by the door! :-) But they were impressed I was able to work out what was in each bag
    How do you tell the difference between the brick girl and brick boy, to make sure you don't have two of one and none of the other?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 672
    ^ The hair.  Brick girl has a ponytail
    benbacardiMuftak1gmonkey76sid3windr
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,431
    ^My answer was going to be far less Lego PC...
    mldj77Muftak1gmonkey76BillyBricks84sid3windr
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 114
    Stopped by Target today and saw them hanging by registers.  Easy to spot.  Was surprised.  Spent time finding the ones I wanted including a police man.  Went to self checkout and it wouldn't ring up.  Lady came over and tried.  Didn't work.  She called someone.  Guy comes over, plugs in a bunch of codes and tries.  Still doesn't work.  Says they can't sell until 4/1.  He confiscated them and proceeded to go down the isle collecting those that were put out.  I wasn't too happy with that.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 762
    edited March 2018
    @Keilup or anyone else that has spotted it at Target: Does it share the same DPCI with movie Batfigs wave 2? Lol that would explain why I saw an employee pulling all the Batfigs off the shelf if that's the case, probably because someone tried ringing Series 18 up.

That spider suit guy reminds me of this fella:

• ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,113
    Found some in a local department store - unfortunately they individually price each bag so can’t comment on police position but I found one v quickly
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,271
    Keilup said:
    Stopped by Target today and saw them hanging by registers.  Easy to spot.  Was surprised.  Spent time finding the ones I wanted including a police man.  Went to self checkout and it wouldn't ring up.  Lady came over and tried.  Didn't work.  She called someone.  Guy comes over, plugs in a bunch of codes and tries.  Still doesn't work.  Says they can't sell until 4/1.  He confiscated them and proceeded to go down the isle collecting those that were put out.  I wasn't too happy with that.
    That sucks, especially since you found the cop
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    I would have just gone and picked up an equal number of Batman or other cmf and rang out that way. Leave the Batman figs and take the series 18. At least for the cop.
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 212
    ^I just tried to buy some Batman Series 2 and it wouldn’t let me buy any even when I tried w/ a Batman Series 1. I guess they’re under the same upc/inventory number. I told one of the workers and she was going to pull them. I didn’t wanna go on a spiel about how Series 18 has a 4/1 street date so I just left.
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,215
    Smyths off the North Circular in London had five boxes in, but they were all stacked on a table with a note saying "do not sell until April1st" Looked like they'd all been opened and hung up and then taken down again, so no telling what you'd get

Smyths in Reading had them out by the tills as usual, but they were selling them, did a flyby grabbing four randoms and hoepfully the policeman, who was easy to ID by the hat and 1x2 plate and tile.
    omniumGothamConstructionCo
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 725
    edited March 2018
    My local Smyths (Colchester) had them out by the tills today.
    Found the policeman ‘phew’ plus a few others I was after. 
    FowlerBricks
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,262
    Grabbed my first five in WH Smith in Ipswich today. No police man but I’m patient.
    FowlerBricks
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,438
    Swindon WHSmiths had these in stock but no Policeman. Boooooo hoooooo.
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 114
    pharmjod said:
    I would have just gone and picked up an equal number of Batman or other cmf and rang out that way. Leave the Batman figs and take the series 18. At least for the cop.

I suppose, but just doesn't feel right.  Guess I'll prep my self for some whirlwind store hopping / bag feeling on 4/1 to try and get a cop and some others.
    FowlerBricks
    They are out in all the Smyths in Leeds now. Sadly they had been rifled though and the lad behind the counter asked if it was the police man we were after. Told us someone had been in and taken him from both boxes about half an hour before. I'm also rubbish at feeling the bags still, ended up with 2 cats.
    FowlerBricks
  • RedMarkRedMark UKMember Posts: 75
    edited March 2018
    I bought 5 packs from Whsmith in Wilmslow today. Luckily the box was relatively untouched and I found a Policeman quite quickly. 
    FowlerBricks
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 397
    Found them at my local Tesco (Bradley Stoke for anyone in the area) - three boxes already rifled and police men removed (unless my feeling skills have failed which is also possible...)
    FowlerBricks
    There is never a police man about when you want one!!
    FowlerBricksPeteMGothamConstructionCoomniumtomahawkerbrickventuresmithridateRainstorm26
    PeteM said:
    Found them at my local Tesco (Bradley Stoke for anyone in the area) - three boxes already rifled and police men removed (unless my feeling skills have failed which is also possible...)
    Ooh maybe a trip to Tesco tomorrow, our local is quite small and I may get lucky. Thanks for the tip!

TheFew said:
    There is never a police man about when you want one!!
    Hah, ain't that the truth! ;) 
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 655
    edited March 2018
    I saw that my local WHSmith also has this series out - but I've verbally 'pre ordered' one full set including a policeman from my more local small toy shop which is nice. Also means I'm not nicking packets from kids who would otherwise have bought them (i.e. buying a whole full box).

Was it just me or was it very hard to find the waiter and fortune teller a few (unlicensed) series ago? I was certain there must've only been 2 a box but I haven't sifted through old box stats.

Apart from Mr Gold (obviously) and the German football team (kind of obscure), I've still got every commercially available CMF so far since series 1. However, it almost feels like a chore to me now rather than something really exciting - well actually scratch that for Series 18 but a lot of other recent Series have been like that. Ever since I struggled to get the diver in Series 1 (box stats anyone?) and practically fainted when I happened to get one loose without feeling it, I think my luck was spent.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 588

Ever since I struggled to get the diver in Series 1 (box stats anyone?) and practically fainted when I happened to get one loose without feeling it, I think my luck was spent.
    I swear the diver was one of the 5 per box, at least based on aftermarket value, but I only started buying with series 4 so was not really sure. I'm still left with the task of completing series 1.... 10/16 so far.
    edited March 2018
    @The_Rancor
    S1 - Deep Sea Diver: 5 in a box of 60 (so just you - although this series could be told apart by an additional thin barcode on the back of the pack)

S9 - Fortune Teller: 2 in a box 60
    S9 - Waiter: 2 in a box of 60
    SumoLegoThe_Rancor
    Series 1 complete distribution (Europe, no idea what the US distribution was or if different at that time)

3 Circus Clowns, Cheerleaders, Nurses, Skaters, Super Wrestlers, Tribal Hunters, Zombies

4 Cowboys, Forestmen, Magicians, Robots, Spacemen, Cavemen

5 Deep Sea Divers, Demolition Dummies, Ninjas.

I struggled to find a cheerleader to complete my set and a few more for a squad. Then once I had managed that, I discovered the bar code thing. Doh! I still recall how chuffed I was I found the cheerleaders at last, even if the shortcut was too late.

• Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 459
    So far I've managed to grope my way to complete sets of all CMFs without ever having picked a double (unless I chose to do so).

I remember having a printout of the early series barcodes to compare with packs so as to get them all. The only series I couldn't do that for, as they weren't available over here in Ireland, were the German Football team and the UK Olympics set - those I had to buy (possibly here).

That is... until now...

In my haste on Saturday to get the series picked quickly and then pick up food before heading home, I managed to pick 2 sodding flower pot girls instead of 1 and a Birthday Cake guy. Needless to say I'm annoyed. Never happened before. Normally I check for several markers to verify contents but I didn't do it this time - just felt something round and took it that was it. 

Now I'm going to have to wait til next weekend before I can try and get it to finish the set. Dang it.
    Muftak1 said:
    So far I've managed to grope my way to complete sets of all CMFs without ever having picked a double (unless I chose to do so).

I remember having a printout of the early series barcodes to compare with packs so as to get them all. The only series I couldn't do that for, as they weren't available over here in Ireland, were the German Football team and the UK Olympics set - those I had to buy (possibly here).

That is... until now...

In my haste on Saturday to get the series picked quickly and then pick up food before heading home, I managed to pick 2 sodding flower pot girls instead of 1 and a Birthday Cake guy. Needless to say I'm annoyed. Never happened before. Normally I check for several markers to verify contents but I didn't do it this time - just felt something round and took it that was it. 

Now I'm going to have to wait til next weekend before I can try and get it to finish the set. Dang it.
    Thirty lashes and sixty hail Marys.
    Muftak1Fizyx
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 794
    Anyone knows if these are out in NZ yet?