Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bonusball Bonanza - Bandit778's fed up with the snow edition - UK draw 3rd March 2018

bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,092
Good Morning / Evening fellow Bricksetters. (Depending on where you are)

First off I would like to apologise in advance if I've jumped in front of anyone planning to do the draw this week but after what has been a crappy week because of the weather, I thought I'd hand out a little bit of Bricky goodness to hopefully get karma back on my side to get rid of the horrible white stuff that has been causing my trucks so much of an issue at work this week.

So onwards and upwards to the question. It's a relatively simple one but one I often find myself asking when the old grey matter drifts off for a bit. 

If, for a one time only build, you had access to as many bricks as you wanted, in any size, shape and colour currently available, what would be the one thing you would design and build for yourself and why?

Up for grabs this week the winner has a choice of either a #40178, #30357, #30542 or a #40268

For those who don’t know the rules, write your answer below and the first 59 entrants will get a number. This is open worldwide.  And the bonus ball from the UK lottery on Saturday night will decide the winner.

Over to you all and good luck.
PebblessnowhitieLobotLego_StarRenegade007cjhSirBenricecakeGothamConstructionCoMr_CrossSeijiAmasawaMaffyDdonutboySumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRAGoldchains

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,669
    I would do some sort of LOTR style castle and surrounding area with lots of secret passageways and such. I'm a huge fan of LOTR and having something like that would be a blast to build. Alternatively, I'd want a decent cityscape for my Marvel and DC figs. The fantasy style build is definitely my first choice though.
    catwranglerbandit778Mr_CrosssnowhitieMaffyD
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,177
    A giant Roman battle scene
    catwranglerbandit778SeijiAmasawaSumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • thebeermonkeythebeermonkey GlasgowMember Posts: 390
    Bladerunner cityscape.

just lush. Beautiful
    catwranglerRenegade007cjhbandit778Mr_CrossdonutboyMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 297
    edited March 2018
    I would build a gigantic sewer lair for my TMNT figs with a cityscape above
    bandit778
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,938
    I would have a go at a UCS style sprawling Hoth environment - Hangar for the new MF, tunnels, a shield generator with 4 discs (not 3!) a couple of Cavegod's AT-ATs on the battlefield, with system scale snowspeeders and the odd AT-ST.
    Lobotbandit778FowlerBricksGothamConstructionCoMr_Crossdonutboy
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    The city skyline of Pittsburgh 
    bandit778
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,071
    Ewok Village over a much bigger area merged with a fairytale forest with rope swings from section to section & hollow trees with things hidden in them & lots of things to find 
    bandit778catwranglerMr_Cross
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 768
    Very detailed Batcave, obviously with a lot of attention to detail for the "Trophy Room".
    Lego_Starbandit778Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawa
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 366
    A scale model of my house - it’s so precious to us. 
    Lego_Starbandit778FowlerBricksricecakecatwrangler
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    An eastern US logging scene with trains, trees, bridges, hillsides and every detail imaginable.
    bandit778catwranglerMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    As someone who has to keep their Lego collection confined to a very limited space I would go crazy and build a huge dragon. I'm thinking big, larger than a car and taller than a tree. It would be blues and greens, with enormous open wings like it could take off into the sky any moment. And people would come from all over to take their pictures with it, and tell me how they wished they had the space for one. :D

It's highly impractical, and I might need to use Kragle to prevent any lawsuits from people falling to the ground if a wing should snap... but you've got to dream big, right? ;)
    Renegade007cjhbandit778ricecakesnowhitie
  • benbacardibenbacardi EnglandMember Posts: 520
    I’ve always wanted a replica of our first home so I think I would build that! I wouldn’t have the skill though...
    bandit778ricecake
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,935
    Thanks for hosting, there's not really a queue so no apologies necessary ;)  funquestion.

I'd go for a massive fantastcal reconstruction of Rivendell/Imladris.

Sorry you're fed up with the white stuff. The temperature has risen a bit here and we've got our first day of it so my husband and son have been having kids loads of fun tonight. As long as you don't need to get anywhere/get anything it's all fun and games I guess. Fingers crossed that your job and your trucks are all going smoothly soon.

bandit778Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawadonutboy
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Don't know.  Probably some really cool architecture model of ... well, I don't know right now. 

Thanks for hosting @bandit778
    bandit778snowhitie
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,501
    All the worlds from The LEGO Movie in one vast cityscape.

Thanks for hosting @bandit778 I feel for anyone trying to keep a business mobile in these conditions, fortunately I booked two days off for my birthday so I've avoided having to travel far in the snow, unlike my colleagues who had to get back from Newcastle to Reading Wednesday night. 
    bandit778Mr_Crosssnowhitie
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,242
    I know this probably lacks imagination (and we're getting more sets soon) but I've really wanted to do a "proper" Harry Potter theme - large scale Hogwarts (kind of like the model on display at the HP Studios), Diagon Alley, etc.  

Hope the snow gets better for you, @bandit778!
    Lego_StarRenegade007cjhbandit778Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawadonutboysnowhitie
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 971
    Cloud City - Docking bay 327 scaled to #75192
    bandit778Mr_CrossdonutboyMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,520
    I'd quite like to make a range of automated vehicles with a technic base.

Possibly a number of vehicles, eg a car, van, pickup, supercar, lorry, coach., etc which can then drive around each other using mindstorms or boost to stop them crashing into each other.
    bandit778
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 555
    I would build an enormous futuristic cityscape with modular buildings that matched the style of both Space Police 3 and Galaxy Squad themes. To go with that I would also need to build bases for the GS bugs and a bunch of hideouts for the criminals in SP3. 

Thanks for hosting! 
    Lego_Starbandit778Mr_Crossdonutboy
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 248
    A giant Star Wars Scarif, Crait or Endor diorama because I love the look of those planets.
    bandit778
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,750
    A LEGO bubble, and call it 'James World'. 
    Lego_Starbandit778GothamConstructionCo
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    edited March 2018
    Ooooooh tough choice. 

I think a fairground, might need to enlist the help of a LEGO designer to get the movement and gearing etc right for rides because I'm not that at all talented with technic to complement system.

Otherwise a huge castle. Or design my dream house. Or and this is an old wish, give the death star a GitD make over. :o)

Oh yeah and I've always wanted to build a UCS Quidditch Match.

I know, unlimited bricks right, why not all of the above! :o)

P.S @Legoboy The boy in the bubble eh? Class tune. :o) Oh how I wish I had tickets for the 15th of July!
    bandit778Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawa
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    The entire school and grounds of Hogwarts
    bandit778Lego_StarMr_CrossSeijiAmasawadonutboyLobot
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    Some great answers so far!!  Would be a toss-up between:

A massive, true minifig-scale Statue of Liberty in a life-like shade

or

A full-on Classic Space moonbase, with hangers full of different space vessels, squads of each colour dude bustling around, rocket launch platforms and some cool alien beasties lurking around!

Yeah, definitely the second one! Thanks for organising, @bandit778 - hope you see the back of the snow, soon!
    bandit778Lego_StarcatwranglerMr_Cross560HeliportMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitieLobotMaffyD
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 225
    A minifig scale aircraft carrier with all the planes and helicopters
    bandit778
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,516
    A life sized Katheryn Winnick.
    bandit778MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 565
    Minifig scale cathedral with an integrated GBC layout
    bandit778
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Castle is my favourite theme so an UCS classic castle, 5000 pieces detailed interior and walls on all 4 sides!
    Lego_Starbandit778catwranglerMr_Cross
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 674
    I'd build a minifigure scale version of Disney world, specifically magic kingdom and Epcot.
    Lego_Starbandit778
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 356
    Winterfell in minifig scale. (from game of thrones series, if anyone does not know the refference)
    bandit778MaffyD
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    Minas Tirith.
    bandit778FowlerBrickssnowhitieMaffyD
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    I would love to build a large Asian village (think architecture similar to the Ninjago temples).
    bandit778FowlerBricksBrickByBrick
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    I'd build life size by completely lining my downstairs toilet/cloakroom to make it a real "lego" room. Brick walls with built in recessed shelves, all white with blocks of colour picking out patterns here and there and trans-clear for the LED light above.
    bandit778SeijiAmasawa560HeliportricecakeMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitie
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    a massive death star
    bandit778
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 741
    A UCS ‘James World’ bubble.

Thanks for hosting @bandit778
    Lego_Starbandit778LegoboyHugeYellowBrick
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 222
    I would build all the great ball contraptions! 
    And also that Super Mario statue that a fellow bricksetter built a while back.
    bandit778
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    A minifig scale battle of endor!!!
    bandit778donutboy
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 204
    I would build a giant rainbow taking me up to Unikitty in Cloud Cuckoo Land. Because after that, all my negativity and worries would fade away...
    Mr_Cross
  • MextenMexten MexicoMember Posts: 62
    A 1:1 model of my dog!
    FowlerBricksMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,102
    Thanks for hosting @bandit778. Hopefully the snow will be gone next week and sprong will have sprungen soon after!

The nostalgic in me would build a truly massive Classic Space scene, with many bases linked via many levels of monorail, including an underground portion. Loads of the official ships and vehicles and obviously a fair few of my own... for starters at least!

I'd also like to build another section full of my own ideas of a sci-if theme. Built on top of more dark orange than would fit in a 12' shed... a "mini" Mars for want of a better description!

The realist would settle (more than happily) for my current wants list, plus a few more sets I'd like too but haven't got round to adding, because I know I'll never afford/justify them.

Great question by the way, fantastic suggestions by everyone, enjoyed this!

FowlerBricksLego_StarSeijiAmasawacatwranglerMAGNINOMINISUMBRAsnowhitieLobotMaffyD
  • Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 206
    A decent assault on hoth with 3 AT-ATs
    Mr_CrossFowlerBricksdonutboyLobot
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Anything large and impressive from the lego video games series, such as the Jawa sandcrawler complete with internal rooms with all the in-game functions. 

A Cloud City playset featuring every film scene.

The muppet theatre, or Fraggle Rock.

Rivendell.

(something from that lot).

Mr_CrossLego_StarSeijiAmasawadonutboyLobot
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,749
    edited March 2018
    All of the seven wonders of the world plus all the landmarks of the Star Trek universe plus all the vehicles of the Star Trek universe. Dammit.

Edit: in UCS scale, because why not!
    Mr_CrossSeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLego
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 469
    A Lego house to hold all my Lego,
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    A properly scaled Battle of Hoth.
    FowlerBricksdonutboy
  • COOLEGOCOOLEGO B'ham/SolihullMember Posts: 208
    I would build a scaled replica of my first car - dents and rusty paintwork included
    Lego_Star
  • HarrymattpotterHarrymattpotter UKMember Posts: 46
    Minifigure scale wizarding world of harry potter (Hogwarts, Diagon alley, etc.) It would be such a cool item to display!
    donutboy
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 740
    edited March 2018
    Mos Eisley Spaceport, you will never find a more wretched build of scum and villainy.
    Lego_StarFowlerBricksSumoLegosnowhitieLobotMaffyD
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,813
    edited March 2018
    Large-scale Serenity.

Or a minifigure-scale Cinderella Castle... and Main Street U.S.A, and Adventureland and... the whole Magic Kingdom park, really.  And Epcot.  And what the heck, the whole Walt Disney World Resort!

Or Planet Express HQ with Planet Express Ship.

I can dream big...
    ricecakesnowhitieBrickByBrick
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Either a 2.5m X 5m Boba Fett/ Slave 1 mural or a VERY large train layout...