Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

CMF The Lego Batman Movie Series 2

Comments

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Is that at Target?  .99 cents each?  I need to go to Target now...even if it is ice and snow covered outside.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    Maybe you could put the Dolphin sideways on one of the rows?
    The dolphin's dorsal fin has a grip on it.
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Maybe you could put the Dolphin sideways on one of the rows?
    The dolphin's dorsal fin has a grip on it.

@SearchlightRG - But... but... what about symmetry? symmetry?!
    5 mf, dolphin, 4 mf... we can't have that ;-)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and see if I get a seizure or not.

@77ncaachamps - Like I said: it doesn't fit because of the back of the display. I did tried with the dolphin as I have it and Batman awkwardly doing acrobatics on top of it by grabbing the fin.
    77ncaachamps
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 769
    edited January 2018
    @Goldchains nah they were $3.99 each. The Target employees just didn't bother to change the random price tags all over that endcap lol
    GoldchainsKingAlanI
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    edited January 2018
    ^
    Should of scanned a pack.  I always scan any Lego item regardless what's marked on the item, shelf or bin.  
    SumoLego
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 769
    edited January 2018
    ^Huh? I bought fifteen packs at that Target. Scanned 'em before purchasing.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 205
    @JooTog My though was that you could use Minifigures forced to move by the Dolphins' reorientation to fill in the gaps on the high tiers...though I suppose that would still lead an empty space...
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 400
    I have just bought my box of 60, and got my 3 sets! :) So, have two spare sets, for shipping to UK, any takers?

3 x 20 = £60 and with recorded delivery and jiffy bag, £65 anyone? If there is anymore demand, happy to see if my local store will do me another box

Thanks.
    snowhitie
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 507
    colay said:
    I have just bought my box of 60, and got my 3 sets! :) So, have two spare sets, for shipping to UK, any takers?

3 x 20 = £60 and with recorded delivery and jiffy bag, £65 anyone? If there is anymore demand, happy to see if my local store will do me another box

Thanks.
    Yes I’d be interested in a set. 
    colay
    adiemc said:
    colay said:

Thanks.
    Yes I’d be interested in a set. 
    PM'd you, thanks :)
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    my target still has nijago figs and few series 1 batman figs.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 820
    colay said:

Thanks.

I'm curious, where do you go to get a complete box, and how much did it cost you?  I feel like it may be the most economical way to get a full set, but I just wasn't sure where to go about getting one  (especially if I could get one for less than the retail cost of all 60, which I would hope would be the case for buying in bulk <.< )
  • MgScUMgScU USMember Posts: 3
    My local TRU and Target stores are late to the party with these but I was able to track down the few I was looking for at Walmart. The Joker figure is easily my favorite. Also, having recently built the Joker Manor, It’s nice to add disco Harley Quinn and Harvey. 
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:

Thanks.

I'm curious, where do you go to get a complete box, and how much did it cost you?  I feel like it may be the most economical way to get a full set, but I just wasn't sure where to go about getting one  (especially if I could get one for less than the retail cost of all 60, which I would hope would be the case for buying in bulk <.< )
    http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/27676/minifigures-plus-collectible-minifigures-batman-movie-series-2-preorder

Fizyx said:
    colay said:

Thanks.

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/27676/minifigures-plus-collectible-minifigures-batman-movie-series-2-preorder

Do you know if it's possible to get a box from a wholesaler or something, or are re-sellers your only option?  (Not that I have anything against Minifigures Plus, great bunch that has served me well!)
    MinifiguresPlus
    Fizyx said:
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:

Thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to get a box from a wholesaler or something, or are re-sellers your only option?  (Not that I have anything against Minifigures Plus, great bunch that has served me well!)
     Typically you need a license to buy from wholesalers that will provide great discounts, and typically have to buy at least 6 or more boxes, at least that was the last I heard about buying in such ways.
    Fizyx
    Fizyx said:

Typically you need a license to buy from wholesalers that will provide great discounts, and typically have to buy at least 6 or more boxes, at least that was the last I heard about buying in such ways.

Yeah, that does make sense. I would seriously be lying if I said that I hadn't considered working retail for LEGO part time or opening my own toy store just to get my hands on discounted LEGO :p

edited January 2018
    Fizyx said:
    colay said:

Thanks.

I have an independent toy store near me and I just asked outright if they had any unopened, and they did and allowed me to buy it. It cost me the same price as buying 60, as they are still a small store and would sell a box to local kids anyway, even if it was one by one

Lego store in wouldnt allow me to, said the limit is 20 and I had to try my luck with the packets.

Just try any store, IMO they want to sell stock asap and this helps them. tbh, even getting a box just out on the shelf with one or two missing is likely to get you two full sets
    Fizyx
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    Fizyx said:
    ...opening my own toy store just to get my hands on discounted LEGO :p

I wouldn't bet on becoming a LEGO distributor...

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/3364/how-to-become-a-lego-distributor

LEGO is pretty restrictive when it comes to wholesaling to the 'little' shop.
    madforLEGOpharmjodKingAlanI
    SumoLego said:
    Fizyx said:
    ...opening my own toy store just to get my hands on discounted LEGO :p

I wouldn't bet on becoming a LEGO distributor...

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/3364/how-to-become-a-lego-distributor

LEGO is pretty restrictive when it comes to wholesaling to the 'little' shop.

Yeah, although some of the quibbles people have are silly, like the minimum buy amounts.  If I was going to open my own toy store, even if it was for the purpose of skimming a few LEGO sets at cheaper than MSRP, I would still be expecting to be operating a real store... and 10k in inventory is not a huge amount of inventory for a decently sized store.

I would probably try to get a job with them before I went that route though, since the discounts are better AND you have more access (and yearly christmas gifts are yespls!) but they seem to pay a decent chunk under what I'm already making for my expertise... although a lot of that would proooobably get made back up pretty quickly by the fact I would be paying %50 of RRP instead of like %90+ of RRP on all my new LEGO :P
    KingAlanI
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,699
    I finally managed to get around fondling some bags today. I was only after the dolphin batman and rubber ducky joker. 

Literally the first two bags I grabbed to search were those two. Now, if only they weren't $3.99 each, I would have found all the dolphins I could!
    Fizyx
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 294
    Does anyone know if the Doctor Phosphorus minifig glows in the dark?
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,049
    edited January 2018
    red237 said:
    Does anyone know if the Doctor Phosphorus minifig glows in the dark?
    I don't believe he does. I've seen it mentioned in a review somewhere.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,147
    @red237 Doctor Phosphorus does not glow in the dark. I have him. He's that light lime green colour and definitely not GitD.
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 294
    Thank you, both of you!

Lego_StarMr_Cross
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    Received my set today! Thanks @MinifiguresPlus!
    FizyxMinifiguresPlus
    edited January 2018
    Got my box from @MinifiguresPlus !
    FizyxMinifiguresPlus
  • BlueberryWafflesBlueberryWaffles MinnesotaMember Posts: 23
    Anyone else having a ton of trouble finding these? I've been looking since the beginning of January and haven't seen a single packet.
    BrickByBrickLEGO_Dad77
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 403
    I've seen them at Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, and Barnes & Noble
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,939
    None of the figs really stand out to me.
    As for trouble getting it wholesale, reminds me of Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast restricting direct Magic the Gathering buyers to those who run a physical store. The idea is that it supports retailers whose presence supports the marketplace, rather than people just skimming product profit. I'm not sure if that's anti-competitive or good big picture thinking. I see new MTG up to about 40% off MSRP, not knowing dealer margins I have no idea what the wholesale discount is. Also, I've heard of convenience store owners getting stock from supermarkets sometimes.
    @madforLEGO Is it a sealed box? I am considering that option for upcoming series.

@BlueberryWaffles I finally saw some at one Wal-Mart this weekend, but so far nowhere else.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,203
    They seem to have disappeared into thin air around me in the Midlands :/
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,260
    I get the feeling that the supermarkets near me didn’t get as much stock as TLBM Series 1 or TLNM series so they sold out quickly...while still having TLNM ones in stock.

Other shops still have them though.
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 179
    Sightings have been few and far between around me.  I ended up just going to the LEGO store to get my set.
    MegtheCat said:
    @madforLEGO Is it a sealed box? I am considering that option for upcoming series.

@BlueberryWaffles I finally saw some at one Wal-Mart this weekend, but so far nowhere else.
    @MinifiguresPlus always sells their boxes sealed, at least that has been that way since I have been buying from them.
    MegtheCatSumoLegoMinifiguresPlus
  • MinifiguresPlusMinifiguresPlus Member Posts: 158
    We do have sealed boxes for sale. We have just listed the individual figures on both      E bay and Amazon as well!
    We do have sealed boxes for sale. We have just listed the individual figures on both      E bay and Amazon as well!

How far ahead of release do you usually start taking pre-orders?  Have to start planning my budgeting now... (Also are you guys taking orders for the Unikitty blind bag set also when it becomes available, even though it's not technically minifigs?)  Thanks in advance!
    My question was meant for future planning as well! I am considering my needs for the upcoming CMFs, and how to plan for the expenditure. Thanks!
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Sadly, my dumb Walmart (only local buying option) still has no less than SIX cases of TLNM CMF’s... so no Batman s2 for me yet. :(
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    Sadly, my dumb Walmart (only local buying option) still has no less than SIX cases of TLNM CMF’s... so no Batman s2 for me yet. :(
    Just wait until September! ;p
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 945
    Quick question for anyone who owns 70923 space shuttle:

Is the Dick Grayson figure any different to the CMF series 1 Dick?

Bricklink don’t have a parts list to check.
    Cheers.
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,434
    edited February 2018
    ^ I haven't opened/built the shuttle yet but on the box it looks completely identical to the CMF...
  • cooldude00cooldude00 ukMember Posts: 44
    edited February 2018
    head variant for dick grayson... head is similar to robin in the movie sets
    sid3windr
    Thanks. Just as I thought - nothing exclusive.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,412
    Just an update for any Super Friends fans. El Dorado, classic Green Arrow and Wonder Dog are in #70919 Justice League Anniversary Party. No sign of Samurai yet. I hope he doesn't end up as a comic con exclusive. Also, no Marvin and Wendy yet, which honestly doesn't bum me out at all. 
    LuLego said:
    Quick question for anyone who owns 70923 space shuttle:

Is the Dick Grayson figure any different to the CMF series 1 Dick?

As @cooldude00 said: Just the head.
    The One the left, next to the shark repellent: TLBM CMF Series 1.
    The On the right: #70923 Bat-Space Shuttle (Should it be "Space Bat-Shuttle"? I mean, the shuttle is bat-themed, not space itself).

Apologies for the lighting... at least you get a white background and not my usual crappy yellow mat :-)

77ncaachampssnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    ^ Is the head only a single print?

'Bat-Space'... funny.  So is it 'Bat-Ping Bat-Pong'?  'Monster Bat-Truck'

Now I'm torn.  And this joke has backfired.  (Bat-fired!)
    sid3windrgmonkey76Bumblepants
    Thanks for the photo.
    so they are identical apart from the head?
    The printing looks sharper on the cmf.
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Is the head only a single print?
    Ups! Sorry about that. #70923 is double-printed.

SumoLego said:
    'Bat-Space'... funny.  So is it 'Bat-Ping Bat-Pong'?  'Monster Bat-Truck'

Now I'm torn.  And this joke has backfired.  (Bat-fired!)
    It's Bat-{Ping Pong} ;-)

I have the same issue with #70908 Bat-Dune Buggy.

Oh, and is Dick carrying a Shark Bat-repellent or a Bat-Shark repellent (the former, unless the Shark is wearing a batsuit, in which case it'll be an ally and no need to repel it).
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,051
    Then is a Bat-mobile something you hang over a baby's crib?