Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Power functions questions

HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
Hi all, its been a while since I last posted anything.

I recently got the Ferris wheel 10247 and was wondering about the power function aspect of the model.  I have looked around and have found that the 880000 Battery box isn't available any more (or out of stock) my question is can you use any battery box with any of the motors?

I have a couple of different battery boxes (I think) just didn't want to break the motors etc.

Sorry if there is all ready a topic (I did look before)

Hob.

Comments

• CyberdragonCyberdragon Maryland, U.S.AMember Posts: 357
    edited February 2018
    ?...Um...well it is now. It's a 2015 set, I'm pretty sure they still make the parts.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Power-Functions-AAA-Battery-Box-88000

Edit: Don't use Duracell batteries! They don't fit!
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
    I'm in the UK don't think I can order from US store, unless I can and have never tried.
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,889
    @Hob
    #8881 battery pack is still available and comes in #8293 power functions set with the M-motor so I presume that would work with other motors. Uses 'aa' batteries instead of the 'aaa' batteries.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    Or you could buy from Bricklink. I did check the UK site and it is temporarily out of stock but who knows when they will make more. 
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,375
    Yes, you can use any of the three PF battery boxes - #88000 #8881 and #8878. I used Duracell in one of my AAA battery boxes and they worked fine. I have heard people say that some batteries don't quite fit at one end though.