Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Details on availability of 40290 - 60th Anniversary Set?

Sorry if I have missed this, I did search but couldn't find any info.

Does anyone know when this set will be available in the UK? And any qualifying details?

Thanks
Bob

Comments

• Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 787
    28.1.  - 28.2. With £100 + purchase 
    BooTheMightyHamstergratefulnatMuftak1BOBJACK_JACKBOBAllBrickkiki180703
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,311
    Aha!  I had the same question.  Thanks!
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 536
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Pate. Do you know if this is in store or online only? Also if It applies when buying the Diner on 3rd Feb? Thanks.

• luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872

^ Be careful (fight club rules and all that). 

My understanding is that it would apply to all purchases over £100 - including if there are sales, or other offers.  That seems to be historic practice.

BOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 536
    Thanks for the change, mystery editor! My apologies.

And thanks for the advice russ.
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 275
    Really excited about this one.
    Hope to snag three, been holding back on many new purchases so far this year.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,753
    For those in the US, it will be available Jan 28 - Feb 14 with $125 purchase according to the January calendar.
    madforLEGOTXLegoguyPitfall69kiki180703
  • lee1980lee1980 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 41
    Have to see if can wait until 1st feb, as I want ship in a bottle plus some others, is this 60th set likely to sell out and thats it sort thing?
  • Bowie1979Bowie1979 London, UKMember Posts: 14
    Is this in store only, or online as well?
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    @Bowie1979I think it's online as well, I haven't seen anything that says store only.
    Astrobricks
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496
    Download the newsletter and read the small print
    https://www.lego.com/en-gb/stores/?ignorereferer=true
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    Interesting that it doesn't appear to allow for the £10 voucher code to be used at the same time.
  • lee1980lee1980 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 41
    Glad I got an order in earlier it seems sold out on UK and US now!
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 787
    ^still being added to cart in UK
    Legoboy
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,753
    edited February 2018
    I got one Wednesday at the MOA store, so I’d call your nearest store.
    Fizyx
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 824
    I was also able to get one last night at my local store, but they also said they were running quite low on them, so I would say if you still want/need one, I would make sure to go for it sooner rather than later :)
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 70
    I got one today at my local store as well, but they seemed surprised they lasted through last weekend. I don't imagine they'll last through this weekend.
    Fizyx
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,559
    Yesterday, I grabbed two in Victor, NY.  They had plenty of them.  They were dodgy about whether they would eventually sell them separately.
  • BombTecBombTec In the MountainsMember Posts: 110
    SumoLego said:
    Yesterday, I grabbed two in Victor, NY.  They had plenty of them.  They were dodgy about whether they would eventually sell them separately.
    How'd you get two at once? I thought they were one per household.  This is why they sell out so fast; re-sellers grab multiple copies(not saying you are, Sumo) and the collectors get shorted.  Glad I jumped early and got one. 

I'm flying out of Munich today and am going to check if the Lego store at the Riem Arkarden has any left.  I brought an extra suitcase just to pack with Lego. :oP
    BumblepantsMegtheCatkiki180703
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,097
    I did just see this AM on US [email protected] that it’s showing the dragster that was a recent promo as the current free with purchase item. The 60th anniversary set is not showing.
  • Mr_HobblesMr_Hobbles San FranciscoMember Posts: 289
    edited February 2018
    London Leicester Square store had tonnes visible and apparently tonnes more in stock. Bought BB8, the Diner, Justice League Party set, and they gave me two. :)
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,559
    BombTec said:
    How'd you get two at once? I thought they were one per household.  This is why they sell out so fast; re-sellers grab multiple copies(not saying you are, Sumo) and the collectors get shorted.
    They weren't the droids they were looking for...

It probably helped that I was helping a couple of people to identify TLBM S2 figures for their kids.  And  the staff there does immediately recognize me the moment I walk in.
    BombTecMynattkiki180703gmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 824
    BombTec said:
    SumoLego said:
    How'd you get two at once? I thought they were one per household.  This is why they sell out so fast; re-sellers grab multiple copies(not saying you are, Sumo) and the collectors get shorted.  Glad I jumped early and got one.
    Having multiple LEGO fans currently living at my address, I can say that I don't think I've seen ANY promo that has been limited to one per household, at least not for quite some time. Personally, I'm happy about that since it allows everyone here who wants one to get one without heading out to the local shop whenever good promos happen, but I admit it also does open the door for re-sellers to grab multiples as well.  (Something that I will admit I have been guilty of doing in the past for particularly great promos...)
    BombTecSumoLegokiki180703
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,136
    I phoned the Bluewater store this afternoon, before heading down and they said they were running low, but would be getting a delivery during the week. Thankfully, they had some left when I arrived.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,540
    If someone buys double the amount to spend in LEGO to get the promo I can see getting two of the promo. That is how many stores used to do it, but then I had always heard that eventually LEGO clamped down on this by making employees at the store scan each one provided per purchase. I almost got a ship in a bottle, but settled in getting a VW camper van and a PaB cup to get the promo set.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 947
    My stores stopped doing a single transaction to double, triple, etc. on getting multiple promos awhile ago.  Depending on the sales rep, even single over-the-amount purchases won't get extra purchases.  I don't even bother anymore.....I just show up another time if it's worth getting an additional promo.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,415
    I have an extra one of anytime is interested. I'm in the US. Looking for architecture sets I don't have. 
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 947
    I have an extra one of anytime is interested. I'm in the US. Looking for architecture sets I don't have. 
    Was in the Lego store today looking at the architecture sets and it hit me that they're pretty cool and unique.  I never really liked them or bothered buying them - with the exception of a few I purchased because of being on sale - but now I'm second guessing myself.

Do you display them?   I know there are several high value architecture sets, but you think that most retired sets have substantially jumped too much to maybe purchase now? 
    mak0137gratefulnat
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,415
    @1265

The Robie House #21010 retailed for $200 and last I checked was over $400. #21016 Sungnyemun retailed for $40 and again, last I looked was over $100. Those are the only two older ones I don't have, that I liked. I tend to stay away from the less detailed ones.

I do have them displayed, wherever they fit. I like the detail they squeeze into such a small set.

I bet you can find some of the older retail sets for not too much over retail. They do have a history of being on sale on Amazon, etc.

As for getting into them now, I would suggest picking up a couple of sets to try out. The Louvre #21024 is pretty detailed. It may grow on you.

mak0137
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 282
    1265 said:
    Was in the Lego store today looking at the architecture sets and it hit me that they're pretty cool and unique.  I never really liked them or bothered buying them - with the exception of a few I purchased because of being on sale - but now I'm second guessing myself.

Do you display them?   I know there are several high value architecture sets, but you think that most retired sets have substantially jumped too much to maybe purchase now? 
    Check Barnes and Noble for retired architecture sets. They usually have the best variety and are the last to run out of them.

I like the Eiffel Tower the best. Build is fun and quick and the models looks really good.
    This thread is fast becoming derailed.
    AstrobricksMr_Hobbles
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,097
    ^here we go
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,438
    ^^ Oh no you didn't.. ;-)
    Jern92
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    Yep, he did.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 356
    what did he do?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,727
    He knows what he did.
    Jern92MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • deephorsedeephorse West Yorkshire, U.K.Member Posts: 83
    Got my copy of this set in Leeds on Saturday morning.  There were just two sets remaining after that.
    I picked up the Apollo Saturn V and the new Darth buildable while in Munich; got another 60yr set. They had boxes of them behind the counter and they said more in back. Seems only online sold out quickly.  The only time I get to a store is every few months in trips to Munich.  Having a second free suitcase is beneficial to my Lego buying.  Or as my wife says "a finance drain" ;oP 
    FizyxmadforLEGOBumblepantskiki180703stluxMegtheCatcatwrangler
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 508
    Is this gone from [email protected] now?
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,438
    Yes it is.
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 508
    Bugger. Bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger, bugger. 

Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!