Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego House - 21037

homersollyhomersolly LeicestershireMember Posts: 25

Hi,

I'm going to Billund to purchase the above set later this month & I am trying to find out the box dimensions?

With Ryanair changing their the luggage rules I want to make sure I can bring one back safely as there is no way I'm putting it in the hold.

By the way, does anyone know what bus I'd take from the airport to the house?

Thanks in advance.

Kevo

Comments

• DoktorLDoktorL Member Posts: 99
    Hi,
    According to Bricklnk, the box size is 26 x 19 x 9 cm and weight 790g. So, two boxes should fit in Ryanair's hand luggage (35 x 20 x 20 cm). Can I have one ;-)

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,642
    Any bus to Billund town centre will do.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,314
    I've often wondered about a trip to Billund.  Assuming it was just for a look round and to buy some exclusive stuff, is it theoretically possible to do it as a day trip (from London)?  Sort of 'first flight in, last flight out' thing?
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,048
    edited February 2018
    ^Yes. I’ve done it from stanstead twice now for day trips.
    omniumkiki180703
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,314
    Cheers!  Might pick your brains about that at some point.
  • homersollyhomersolly LeicestershireMember Posts: 25

Thanks everyone, really looking forward to my day.

My flight leaves Stansted at 7:40am & returns back at Stansted at 11:15pm.

Long day, but hopefully worth it.

Just hope they have stock :)

Fizyx
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,642
    You'll be lucky if it's left Billund by 11.15, that flight is notorious for delays...
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,554
    At least they'll have some lego to build while waiting.
    Fizyx
  • Buried_RelicBuried_Relic North Somerset, UKMember Posts: 3
    Hi homersolly,

I took my son over to the LEGO House a month ago as a Christmas present, not sure for me, him or both of us:-) and bus from airport really easy. We stayed in the hotel next to the airport then walked back to the airport in the morning and got either the 43, 143 or 144 and cost me 22.00 kr (you'll need some cash/didn't have to pay for my 9 year old). There is a Tourist Information in the airport (ground floor) but buses are straight outside. Have a look at the Billund Airport and rejseplanen.dk websites.

Trip was no more than 20 mins and you go past LEGOLAND and then the LEGO factories, if you have half an hour worth having a wander round. You get off at Billund Central and LEGO House is 2 minutes walk away.

Enjoy, you're have a fantastic day. We're already trying to work out a way to go back! 
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 405
    DoktorL said:
    Hi,
    According to Bricklnk, the box size is 26 x 19 x 9 cm and weight 790g. So, two boxes should fit in Ryanair's hand luggage (35 x 20 x 20 cm). Can I have one ;-)

Have one for @iso3200 for Bluewater exchange tomorrow - can confirm dimensions are spot on.
  • homersollyhomersolly LeicestershireMember Posts: 25

Thanks Buried_Relic, that information is invaluable.  Will have time to spare so will go for a walk around.

Huw, I will keeps my fingers crossed, but will also stock on previsions just in case it is delayed.

Thanks again everyone for taking time to help me out.

16 days & counting :)

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,877
    I’m jealous. Makes me wish LEGO headquarters was in Chicago, or better yet, Minneapolis :)