Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The LEGO Wall: New site for tracking Pick A Brick (PAB)

12346»

Comments

• motleyjustmotleyjust Phoenix AZMember Posts: 4
    The PAB wall at the new Legoland Discovery Center in Tempe AZ is 8 bins high by 14 wide. How can I get it added to the WallofBricks site so I can add the contents data?  I sent a request to [email protected], but haven't heard anything back.  
    I also sent a request to brickbuildr and haven't heard from them either.
    Is anyone still paying any attention to this thread?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,586
    Are they still updating the site?  Last time I checked the list was woefully out of date.

Did you get a response from wallofbricks?
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    I used to use wallofbricks but haven't bothered for ages.
    My local store is Sheffield and I just post a video on the LUG YouTube channel every week. Its a lot easier!
    Daragh
    Whether a store list gets updated depends of whether people living near there update it. I try to update Chandler and Phoenix on brickbuildr.com at least once a month and I updated Chandler on wall of bricks and will do Phoenix next time I visit that store. I can't update the Tempe Lego Discovery Center until at least one of the sites puts up the chart for it.
    But, where is the LUG YouTube channel?
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,434
    edited July 2016
    You might have to rename it though, TLG doesn't like people using the word 'lego' in site names. I'll look at it when I'm not on my phone.
    I don't see any problem with it.

What's wrong with The Leg Ow All?

Should have just used this name and kept the original url. lol
  • BeardedCastleGuyBeardedCastleGuy Member Posts: 127
    @77ncaachamos the url/name issue was settled a while ago.  As to WHY to rename it, I think I can safely assume you have never read LEGOs "Fair Use Policy"  they've had on their website for years.  THAT has the explaination you seek.
  • dwalton76dwalton76 Member Posts: 97
    My apologies, I'm about 6 months behind on wallofbricks "Can you add this store?" requests.  I'll try to get them all added today.
  • drydemdrydem Washington dcMember Posts: 1
    Pentagon City Virginia has a new Lego store: They have a small PAB wall.
    Below is what they had last night:

PAB wall bins (10 bins by 5 bins )
    ==================
    yellow translucent , 1x1 circle plate
    light grey, 1x1 brick with headlights
    sand green, 2x1 plate
    black, 2x1, tile with handle
    white, 4x1 plate
    tan, 3x2 plate
    light grey, 2x2 plate
    white, bracket 2x1 - 2x2 (down)
    translucent clear,  45 degree slope 2x2
    Black 2x1 brick plate
    ------------------------
    Black 1x1x 2/3  slope 30 (cheese slope)
    light grey, wheel 11mm  D. 12mm
    black, tire 21 mm x D. 12 mm  - wide tread
    green, 1x1, brick with headlights
    clear translucent, 1x2 brick
    1x1 joystick (grey base, black stick)
    transparent clear, 1x2 block
    translucent red, 1x1
    black, 2x2 plate with  2 wheel holder-axles
    light grey, 2x1 plate w small towball socket on the side
    -------------------------
    light green 2x2 plate
    White, 1x1, circle tile with eye print
    pink, 2x1 plate
    light green, 1x1 circle plate
    green, 1x2 slope
    green, hinge plate
    light grey, 1x2 plate w small towball on the side
    green 2x6  plate
    light green, 2x4 plate
    green, 2x1 bracket 1x2 -1x2 inverted
    ------------------------------
    tan, 2x2 tile with center stud
    green, flower stems
    tan 1x3 plate
    aquamarine, 2x4 brick
    tan 2x6 plate
    yellow, 2x4 brick
    white, 1x6x5  wall
    pink, 2x4 brick
    blue, 2x4 brick
    white  2x4 wheel wells
    -----------------------------
    dark transparent grey, 4w x 3L x 2h windshield
    Red 2x6 plate
    light orange, 4x2 brick
    light orange, 2x4 bric
    Red 2x6 brick
    brown, 2x4 brick
    yellows 1x6 brick
    light green 2x4 brick
    black, 2x6 brick
    tan, 2x4 brick
    light grey, 4x4 plate
    orange, 2x4 brick
    blue 2x4 brick
    white, 2x4 brick
    ============================
    (9/28/[email protected])

HTH
    Walter

madforLEGODedgeckokiki180703
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Lbg headlight bricks and sand green 1x2 plates! I wish they'd turn up at Sheffield
  • AySeaAySea Member Posts: 61
    I've just been updating the Cardiff, UK wall on Wallofbricks.com and think I've got everything correct except part 99780 Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted in Green doesn't seem to be able to be selected (gap 2nd row down, far right (15)) and part 98138pb028 Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Black Eye Closed with Eyelashes Pattern in White isn't on there either (other gap on 2nd row near the middle (9)). Last one missing is part 18649 Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Handles on Ends in Black (gap 4th row down, beside the empty space for the pick a model stuff (5)).

Those part numbers and descriptions have been copied off Bricklink, so hopefully they make sense.

I'm not 100% on my shades of Pinks and Blues, but otherwise, I think I've got it all correct.

Dedgecko
    Bumping this topic because I've just updated the Cardiff, UK wall on Wallofbricks.com

Cardiff was last updated last October, so that was probably me as per my previous post above this one...

Anyway, I think I have got it all correct for todays visit except for the following;

The bin with the eye in it has three different eye prints; 98138pb028 Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Black Eye Closed with Eyelashes Pattern, 98138pb027 Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Black Eye with Pupil Partially Closed Pattern, and 98138pb007 Tile, Round 1 x 1 with Black Eye with Pupil Pattern

Only that last one seems to be listed on Wallofbricks, so I couldn't add the other two.

Also the empty bin on the right hand side of the second row actually contains 99780 Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted in Green which also doesn't seem to be listed on Wallofbricks.

As in my previous post, those part numbers and descriptions have been copied off Bricklink, so hopefully they make sense.
    PeteMcoachie
    I think I may be the only person updating the Cardiff store. Shame I don't get there very often.

Been to Cardiff this morning and many of the parts on the wall are the same as before, although there are a few changes.

As my previous post above, the bin with the eyes have three different eye prints with only the one able to be selected on Wallofbricks and the green 1 x 2 - 1 x 2 Inverted bracket isn't listed on Wallofbricks either.

I think I've got everything else on there correct.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,453
    ^ Thanks for doing the list, but Video is most helpful ..... unless you can find links to the parts on the Brickset or TLG websites?
    One of the girls working in the store today (Sarah I think) told me a customer on the weekend mentioned looking at Wallofbricks before going to the store, so it's nice to know other people still look at the site and I'm not wasting my time updating it.

Personally I find videos take too long to sit and watch to try and find out what's there and half the time it doesn't seem very clear to me what the parts are when it's an out of focus mass of a sinlge colour. Much prefer being able to glance at a grid of clear images. Personal opinion aside:

Links to parts missing from Wallofbricks that are currently at Cardiff
    ;
    Eyes, all three of the following in one section;

https://brickset.com/parts/6097402/flat-tile-1x1-round-no-26

https://brickset.com/parts/6099548/flat-tile-1x1-round-no-27

https://brickset.com/parts/6001609/flat-tile-1x1-round-no-8

and the green brackets;

https://brickset.com/parts/6099243/angular-plate-1-5-bot-1x2-1-2

snowhitieomniumsid3windr
  • All_That_RocksAll_That_Rocks UKMember Posts: 628
    Anyone have any input as to what is currently available on the PAB wall at Bluewater?
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 728
    I signed up to Wall Of Bricks a few years ago and tried updating it with some success. I soon realised why nobody else bothers trying ;)
    SumoLego
  • CoyotelilyCoyotelily God's Own County, UKMember Posts: 655
    I love the idea of this site, but I too have attempted updating it and frankly it’s painful !
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,388
    Yeah, I updated it once for Leeds and it took a while. And when I went about a year later, I checked the stock before going and realised the last update was mine!

It's a nice idea, and shame it doesn't work.
    Yeah. I think we all appreciated it when you first did it, and I imagine it is a pain to write with the number of parts available. I don't think it is the site itself that doesn't work though, it is getting people to do it. Things like this only work if people buy in to it and it is a shame that this hasn't happened.

I have often wondered whether it could be done just by the user looking up and inputing the LEGO part ID themselves, but via an ascii file for the whole wall at once so it is (reasonably) quick and easy. So not with the graphical side - that is the bit I found to be quite slow. Using element IDs is quite quick if you know how to look them up on brickset.

PS. I think I was the first to mention it here, I beat you by a day or so! I cannot remember where I first saw it online, maybe at BL.

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/198074#Comment_198074

Fizyxsid3windr
    @dwalton76, if it's still used, leave it.

IIRC, the biggest problem I had was certainly the UI, but more particularly,  the inability to clear the entire wall. When I last went to update the London Westfield store, every bin was different as it had been so long since the previous update.

The wall layout didn't match the store, but I realised you really only need a list of items, you don't need to know the position on the wall.

Anyway, it's  a moot point saying as you don't intend updating it :)

And you never did reply to my email to [email protected] asking how my email address (that I created specifically for use with your site) got into the hands of spammers... :O
    Fizyx
    On the spammer thing I'm not sure...I did some security updates after that but never did figure out exactly how they got the email list. My apologies for not responding.
    SumoLego
    If I were to open source the code, would anyone here be interested in taking over wallofbricks?  I am thinking about shutting it down, working on it isn't a priority and it doesn't get used a ton.
    CCC
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 655
    What about doing it as a Flickr group? I don't think having a complete inventory is necessary for each store. Seems like nowadays the selection is pretty homogenized and doesn't change that much. Just a general reference for people to post interesting new parts would be nice.

When I go to the store and see new parts on the wall, I take a photo of each bin that's new and share that with my LUG mates. Also anything interesting in the Build a Mini bins.

One person posts a new element and others can chime in in the comments where else they've seen it.

I've open sourced the code should anyone ever want to dust this off and use it
    https://github.com/dwalton76/wallofbricks

CCCPaperballparkricecakesid3windrMrShinyAndNewSilentModeomniumFurrysaurus
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,206
    Easter themed parts
    Some flowers and greenery, along with coral colors parts like 1x1 wedge tile, orange carrots, green carrot tops (leaf pieces), green bouquet stem pieces, curved coral tile, 2x2 blue flower petal parts, in the PaB walls (at least for Schaumburg IL LEGO store).
    BillyBricks84gmonkey76BrainsluggedSirBenBumblepantsOnebricktoomanymsandersCCCLEGOFan2
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 701
    ^ I would be over the moon if my local store gets even one of the pieces shown in those tubs.
    gmonkey76
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,391
    My store didn't get those, but I do know the person doing the ordering for PAB so I'm going to ask him to order them. I was able to fill a large cup with these on my last trip on Friday. This is what I could fit in 1 cup. 
    HugeYellowBrickmadforLEGOLittleLoriOnebricktoomanyandheSwitchfoot55LEGOFan2
    ^-I never thought Id say this, but I have plenty of those 1x2 masonry brick from previous PaB trips.

It seemed like the Easter themed parts are part of some Easter build that LEGO will be doing soon, so I would like to think that more stores should get those parts into stock
    OnebricktoomanyLEGOFan2

It seemed like the Easter themed parts are part of some Easter build that LEGO will be doing soon, so I would like to think that more stores should get those parts into stock
    Unless they cancel it as you've bought them all! I hope ours get the green leaf part.
    LEGOFan2
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,669
    Just a heads up to admins @Huw etc, I got a serious virus situation by clicking on the legowall link in the very first post on this thread.

Is there still a PAB tracker or is this thread a case of posting what you find?
    AstrobricksBumblepantsLEGOFan2
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,589
    Has anyone seen the new Easter parts in Germany, in particular, Frankfurt? I am contemplating a foolish, between flights mad dash to the Lego store to grab some.
    oldtodd33gmonkey76LEGOFan2
    CCC said:

Unless they cancel it as you've bought them all! I hope ours get the green leaf part.
    Bought them all? Not even close. They had a box of each element. Now, the other guy there that was emptying the box (and then told not to as they need those parts for the upcoming event)? That's another story.

^Wonder if those parts have something to do with a Earth Day build? I know the Chicago LEGO Store doesn't have them yet.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 341
    CCC said:

Bought them all? Not even close. They had a box of each element. Now, the other guy there that was emptying the box (and then told not to as they need those parts for the upcoming event)? That's another story.

I made it over to the Schaumburg store today and was bummed (but not surprised) that they were out of the leaves. Now, could they be holding a bunch in the back because they need them for something? Yes. But they weren't on the wall, and they weren't on the "brick board" of available pieces. I did get some of the other flower pieces (thanks for the heads up as I love those 2 x 2 med. azure ones), as well as some 1 x 1 lbg bricks with side stud, sand green 2 x 2 studless slopes, 1 x 2 x 2 trans clear windows, and some other stuff that I will never use but looks cool. 
    All those pieces are mixed together in the PaB wall (three of the bins in the wall have the Easter parts); it was just easier to get them out of the box. Seeing as there was someone was trying to empty the box of the leaves I'm not surprised they are trying to hold some back. I also grabbed the coral colored pieces as I doubt those will appear on the PaB again for a while, at least.
    Leicester Square had these Easter parts yesterday and they were nearly out. I overheard one member of staff saying that once they were gone, that was it.
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 669
    Manchester store has the random easter parts mixes and bins with mixed parts to build a wonky chick and a rabbit's head. Nothing else is worth mentioning. All standard parts and definitely nothing in coral.

omniumLEGOFan2
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 780
    edited April 9
    Manchester store has the random easter parts mixes and bins with mixed parts to build a wonky chick and a rabbit's head. Nothing else is worth mentioning. All standard parts and definitely nothing in coral.

*snip*
    Very lacklustre compared to NA stores then. Disappointing.
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 167
    Stopped at the downtown Chicago store over the lunch hour - PAB wall had bins for the Easter Bricks, but all the good stuff has been picked over.  They refilled with some standard fare in bright-ish colors.

The minifig station had some solid new additions though - picked up the torso and hat for the CMF Series 11 "Bobby" Policeman, plus some 50s hairdos to go with the DD/CG
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 669
    Very poor selection at the Liverpool Store:

omniumLEGOFan2
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 635
    ^is it quite common for them to mix the contents of the bins like that?  Don't visit the LEGO store that often due to it being nowhere near where I live, but never seen the parts mixed like that before.
    LEGOFan2Astrobricks
    @dmcc0, it seems to be a new/recent thing. I saw it before, a couple of years ago, in the Shepherd's Bush store, but it didn't say long. I saw it make a return at Leicester Square on Monday this week.

I hope it isn't here to stay.

While I like having a larger choice of elements, it's a pain picking them apart. Eg. from bricknation's photo, I'd like a tub of DBG 1 x 2 tiles, but I don't want to have to filter out pink 1x1 round plates. That's really tedious! :-O
    They did it for the easter build. All other parts should have their own bin. The only exception is what could be called the leftover bin. That's where parts that don't have enough left to fill a bin get mixed.
    LittleLoriLEGOFan2