Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Comments

• 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    dspigel said:
    My latest orders had these at the bottom of the box. 
    I got a few too last month. Different color bricks.
    dspigel
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,904
    As of now, the 60th anniversary set isn't adding to carts online if you hit the $125 threshold. Just the stupid drag racer polybag. I hope it's temporary, but if not, that was a very quick sell out.
    FizyxTXLegoguy77ncaachampsmadforLEGOkiki180703
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    I just noticed that as well. I was going to wait a week, but maybe the 60th Anniversary sets went far quicker than expected.
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    edited February 2018
    pharmjod said:
    As of now, the 60th anniversary set isn't adding to carts online if you hit the $125 threshold. Just the stupid drag racer polybag. I hope it's temporary, but if not, that was a very quick sell out.

In one of the Leaks discords someone called CS and confirmed that it was actually sold out, and not a website issue.

I was pretty shocked by how fast of a sell out that was also. @Crownie if you are able to get into a store, you may still get lucky, but I would go asap!  I heard it's being posted at $50 on ebay now too... and with how quick it sold I can only see it going up from there, at least for awhile.
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 417
    It was supposed to go to the 14th?  Wow, I thought it was supposed to last 2-3 days.  I would have bought more if I had realized that.
  • ravotravot USA/ILMember Posts: 22
    Fizyx said:
    pharmjod said:

In one of the Leaks discords someone called CS and confirmed that it was actually sold out, and not a website issue.

I was pretty shocked by how fast of a sell out that was also. @Crownie if you are able to get into a store, you may still get lucky, but I would go asap!  I heard it's being posted at $50 on ebay now too... and with how quick it sold I can only see it going up from there, at least for awhile.
    any chance on PMing me a discord link/channel?
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I hope it not sold out yet but if it is poor planning on their part for the 60th anniversary.
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    PapaBear said:
    It was supposed to go to the 14th?  Wow, I thought it was supposed to last 2-3 days.  I would have bought more if I had realized that.

It started on Sunday 1/28, so todays the 5th day.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    I hope stores have them in stock...they should have gotten them, right?
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,613
    Should have, a bit stupid to sell out so quick considering there has not really been many big releases yet, until the ship in a bottle, but that just occurred..
    Glad I bought a Parisian restaurant to get one when the promo started

What is really silly about this is this was supposed to last a month wasn't it?

• SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 222
    Running out of promos so early? How like TRU of them. 
    Should have, a bit stupid to sell out so quick considering there has not really been many big releases yet, until the ship in a bottle, but that just occurred..
    Glad I bought a Parisian restaurant to get one when the promo started

What is really silly about this is this was supposed to last a month wasn't it?

Just about. Until Feb. 13 or 14, I think.
  • MalkanMalkan COMember Posts: 41
    I got one earlier today from the local store so they did get them.
    77ncaachamps
  • CrownieCrownie WA StateMember Posts: 228
    I'm in the middle of nowhere, so no stores for me. I guess it keeps me from spending a large chunk of my 2018 budget early. Must. Pace. Self.
    @Malkan Yep. I did as well. I called my local store after posting in this thread and to my surprise, they said they had them in stock. I shot down there after work and snagged one. Unfortunately, not much desirable sets for me were on sale, even the damaged/returns that were 20% off. Just focused on the Batman CMF 2 minifigs I needed, cup of sand green elements, season Brickheadz (Bee and Rabbit), and sets on sale to be cannibalized for parts.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    At this stage in the reselling game a promo item like this is one of the few remaining sure things. The collector in me hates to see stuff like this flood eBay but at the same time I am thinking maybe I shouldn't have opened mine and sold it to fuel my Lego fund for bigger sets.
    FizyxKingAlanIkiki180703
  • RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 179
    Wow I am glad I was up at 5 on the first to place my order when I did.  My order shipped yesterday and the email said I have #40290 in there.  
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,831
    Glad I stopped in to the store on Wednesday and got my #40290 with my Downtown Diner! I almost didn’t go, but I was at MOA shopping the sale at Brickmania. Got my Rick and Morty :D
    77ncaachamps
  • MooreFXMooreFX CaliforniaMember Posts: 77
    We ordered a few days ago too. I wasn’t that excited about the set, but my son was. He is collecting all the Batman Movie sets, so I bought the last few he needed  to get the promo.  He will open and build the set, since our collecting is only for fun.  I want the Easter Rabbit set, but didn’t know it was available yet when I ordered. So nothing in this box will be for me. :( 
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 979
    Man...I missed out on this promo and I won't be able to check my local store for another week since I'm still traveling abroad. Anyone got one they want to trade?
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,985
    I didn't expect it to last til the 14th but I didn't expect it to go this quickly either.

@Bumblepants I often haven't had luck flipping promos, once they do sell it might be after markdowns that make the initial purchase less of a deal, why I hesitated making a purchase mainly to get 40290. Average BL price is about $35.
    https://lc-www-live-s.legocdn.com/r/www/r/stores/-/media/brand retail/stores/calendar/march/7931-mar18-cal_medres.pdf?l.r2=-524203509

March calendar
    Just a Zane pod 1st half of month, Easter Bunny 2nd half, DUPLO promo most of month. at least they stack and require only small purchases
    teases Marvel superhero deals 3rd-4th but no details
    MooreFXBumblepantsstluxkiki180703
    Just glad that the only one I want in that list is the Easter bunny figure
    gmonkey76MegtheCatkiki180703KingAlanI
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 148
    Bricks & Pieces is now taking orders again.
    madforLEGOprevereTXLegoguykiki180703
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 65
    rd1899 said:
    Bricks & Pieces is now taking orders again.
    Yeah, they opened on Feb 1. Some prices are significantly lower than Bricklink, so I'm glad I waited to buy in bulk.
    Forgot to place an order yesterday to get the sunflower, no great loss
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 940
    The sunflower, while might not be a big deal, looks very nice and it pairs well with #40187 Flower Display.

I would not be surprised if, like #30358 Dragster recently, it shows up in your cart as an "extra" on a future promo. I say this as it looked like there was not much interest for it; at least my local LEGO store was empty yesterday and I heard the same of another nearby store.
    Switchfoot55MegtheCatKingAlanIstluxMooreFXvwong19kiki180703bandit778
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,797
    ^I'm hoping it becomes a nice surprise on a future order!
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 179
    @JooTog, did you get #40187 at your local store?  It irks me that [email protected] has been out of stock on it since it was added to the website.  If they are available in store I don't understand why it's so hard to get them in the [email protected] warehouse.
    Fizyxkiki180703
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 940
    @tomahawker Yes, at my local store about a month ago. I don't recall seeing them yesterday.

Im not seeing the year of the dog promo appear. Anyone else seeing the year of the Dog promo appear in their cart right now?
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    The Year of the Dog promo is live, but while the information on site indicates a $50 threshold, when placing items in the cart it is clearly waiting for $88 as indicated on the February store calendar. Hmmmm.
    madforLEGO
    MegtheCat said:
    The Year of the Dog promo is live, but while the information on site indicates a $50 threshold, when placing items in the cart it is clearly waiting for $88 as indicated on the February store calendar. Hmmmm.
    Ahh, that is right. Thanks. I guess Ill be getting the Diner now. I did see a note about something being added to the cart at 69.99 (put the ship in the bottle in my cart), so not sure, but guessing that will cause some confusion since LEGO's site is saying 50 USD and you get it
    I couldn't wait and bought them on BL from overseas.
    Kinda surprised and tempting that it's a $50 threshold.
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    @madforLEGO It does say that something has been added to the cart at $50 but it doesn't actually show up until you reach the $88. I have a feeling they are going to be getting a lot of phone calls on this.

Since I had already planned what to buy to reach the $88 threshold I went ahead and ordered to get the dog. 
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 236
    [email protected] has fixed/updated their site. Now it says $88 instead of $50.
    MegtheCatMooreFXkiki180703
    edited February 2018
    Got an email code for a free mini VW beetle. If it is good until the new speed champions drop I might have to order some of those as soon as they are available.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 707
    I did not get an email code. When did you receive it?
    A few hours ago. It might be because I ended up registering my work email on the mailing list a few months back by mistake. It's not linked to my account so perhaps it is an offer to entice first time buyers.
  • floridabrickfloridabrick Central FLMember Posts: 158
    ^ yeah, no special freebies for the faithful, committed, loyal customers.  Thanks
    madforLEGOgmonkey76tomahawker
    Today's the last day for #40235 Year of the Dog, on the fence about putting an order together

Details on the March 3rd and 4th Marvel promo
    https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Marvel-The-Universe-Unites?icmp=SW-SHB-OC-MV-t_bann-008
    Black and white Hulkbuster poster with #76105, color version with any $25 Marvel purchase, #30525 The Guardians' Ship with any $75 Marvel purchase
    Also release date of Avengers Infinity War sets

PS
    Should stack with free Zane training pod on any $35 purchase; the other March promos are later in the month

Bumblepants
    KingAlanI said:
    Today's the last day for #40235 Year of the Dog, on the fence about putting an order together

Details on the March 3rd and 4th Marvel promo
    https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Marvel-The-Universe-Unites?icmp=SW-SHB-OC-MV-t_bann-008
    Black and white Hulkbuster poster with #76105, color version with any $25 Marvel purchase, #30525 The Guardians' Ship with any $75 Marvel purchase
    Also release date of Avengers Infinity War sets

PS
    Should stack with free Zane training pod on any $35 purchase; the other March promos are later in the month

If they still have the YOTD available online, I hope it gets sent to Lego stores for purchase.

theyve been going for about $18-20 on eBay with free shipping
    KingAlanI
    I wanted to get a few more Year of the dog sets but just could not justify buying 88 USD in LEGO over and over again to get multiples of these. From the fact these lasted as long as they did tells me that others felt the same way.
    KingAlanIFizyx
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 826
    I wanted to get a few more Year of the dog sets but just could not justify buying 88 USD in LEGO over and over again to get multiples of these. From the fact these lasted as long as they did tells me that others felt the same way.
    Yeah, it was a good set to get one of.  Not so much for more than that unless you were planning on reselling I think.
    I ordered 4 #40161 to get 40235. I didn't really need more, but it wasn't a bad deal on sale with the promo. I'm a dog person and still wasn't sure, but usually I'm not personally interested in the promos at all.
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 768
    OMG guess I'll be making purchases on April 1 and April 13...*check out the Lego Store Calendar for April*
    Bumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,831
    jmeninno said:
    OMG guess I'll be making purchases on April 1 and April 13...*check out the Lego Store Calendar for April*
    Found a blurry version on reddit. I thought the minifig factory promo was cool until I saw the backdrop is cardboard. The Darth Vader pod doesn’t interest me.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    Found a blurry version on reddit. I thought the minifig factory promo was cool until I saw the backdrop is cardboard. The Darth Vader pod doesn’t interest me.
    I don't get why people always post blurry photos of the upcoming calendar, when they could link to the page and get a nice legible PDF version straight from the source:
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/stores/
    (then click the right-arrow to go to the next month)

BumblepantsAstrobricksTXLegoguyMooreFXgmonkey76FizyxKingAlanI
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 674
    OOOOOOOooohhh, I need that 40 years of the minifig set
    The microfigs look really cool. I agree it is disappointing the background is just cardboard. Still a pretty unique GWP