Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Minifigure Series 18

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,252
    ryjay said:
    When I look at these why do i see $5.99? :)
    Although it does look like a fun series
    If I see 5.99 on the tag, they will be left in the store. I will not be buying figures for 6 dollars, accessories or not.
    SumoLegojosekalelpharmjodFizyxYodaliciousdatsunrobbiesid3windr
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 984
    edited January 2018
    I stopped at $3.99
    arathemis
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,724
    ryjay said:
    When I look at these why do i see $5.99? :)
    Although it does look like a fun series
    Let's not give them any ideas!  

(Or save $5.99 for Disney CMF S2.)
    BrickByBrick
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    Yeah...please no ideas to TLG, $5.99 for one minifigure with minimal accessories is a no-buy for me. Might as well buy the smaller sets with four minifugures than these. 
    catwrangler
    (I think the Lester polybag is $5.99?)
    FowlerBrickssid3windr
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,588
    SumoLego said:
    Yeah, well that's different. You only need one Lester, not seventeen.
    Jern92
    SumoLego said:
    Um.  Sure.
    PebblesCasper_vd_KorfFizyxAanchirJern92andhesid3windrstarwars4everAstrobricks
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    Um.  Sure.
    Oh...yeah. I forgot about that giant box of Lesters that passed through your care. No one got seventeen though, did they?
    There was a point where I had 35+ Electros.  And just as many Rockets...
    Onebricktoomanygoshe7FowlerBricksFizyx
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 280
    ^ Yes!  I have that illness too!!  Every once in awhile though my spouse tries to vaccinate me...  walks over and let's me know there are a few more bills to pay and the next orthodontist appointment is in a week... Sigh
    SumoLego
    SumoLego said:
    There was a point where I had 35+ Electros.  And just as many Rockets...
    I am very happy to say that the most duplicates I've had was maybe two or three. I don't even have more than two of the same Stormtrooper (that's kind of a problem though).
    SumoLego
    In all fairness, the folks at TRU marked them down to $0.99.  I bought them all.

Also got me a few Dareth Ninjago polys that were reduced to $0.69.  I regretted that.  Couldn't give those things away!
    FizyxYodaliciousBrickByBrickgmonkey76FowlerBricksGoldchains
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    My Silver Centurions and Iron Patriots weren’t close to $0.99. But they’re just so pretty!
    SumoLegogmonkey76FowlerBricks
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 588
    edited January 2018
    SumoLego said:
    In all fairness, the folks at TRU marked them down to $0.99.  I bought them all.

Also got me a few Dareth Ninjago polys that were reduced to $0.69.  I regretted that.  Couldn't give those things away!
    I would've taken one. I loved that Dareth polybag. One of my favorite TRU exclusive polys, but to be fair, I am a big fan of the Ninjago theme.
  • AnnaBuildsLegoAnnaBuildsLego IrelandMember Posts: 11
    These do look great! I definitely have pause if they really are that expensive, though. 4 euro is already really pushing it for a single figure, if they bring it up to 5 I might only get one or two figures and leave it at that.
    I suspect there will be a massive amount of these available.
    pharmjod
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,871
    I'm hoping for a series 5 type situation all over again
    SumoLegoandhe
    I'm thinking along the lines of TLBM or TLNM, or Disney, or S14 Monsters.

Those early series all had similar production runs, but there was far less demand.  I was convinced that there was twice as much S3 as S1 or S2, but there was just a decrease in demand.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,514
    SumoLego said:
    That's £5.99 not $5.99, at least not yet. It's about $8.50. Same with the Hamley's Royal Guard. Yes, LEGO, people are willing to pay that and more for a single figure and accessory (even without the stand).

SumoLego
    Yes, people are buying polys for 5.99 USD (including myself), but to do it for polys x1, or even x5. However, would I do it for x17, 22, or even 16? No, I wouldn't.

If you flip it around, you have a LOT of people that will refuse to buy 5.99 polys, but have no problem buying the CMFs for 3.99 USD. So that tells me that, again, you lose more buyers than gain by raising costs, and last time I checked LEGO wants to make money (heck this talk of bumping the prices).
    I just fail to see these sticking around for long if they cross that 4 USD threshold. If they do, sales will likely decrease with the price increase, and likely will need to be kept behind a counter due to an increase in theft (and likely so much for feeling them out)

catwranglerjosekalel
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Add that to the fact that they seem so easily available the past couple of years (at least where I am), and they’ll really sit at $5 or even $6. The amount of TLNM and TLBM2 on shelves at my Targets and Walmarts is crazy. Last time I remember a series being even a little scarce was S14. Since then, each series has been stocked well enough that there are a great deal available for the next two (even three) series to come out. I think it was S16, Disney, TLBM, and S17 that were all on shelves at the same time in my area. Some of the Targets had them falling off the display they were packed so tight.
    andhecatwranglerjosekalel
  • smileyvalsmileyval United StatesMember Posts: 24
    I'm sooo excited for series 18!!! There are so many I LOVE, I don't know which one is my favorite. Probably the kid race car and the firecracker. But I love the cactus and cowboy too! 
  • smileyvalsmileyval United StatesMember Posts: 24
    I think the only thing I wish, is that there was another baby lego. I LOVE the cute little baby legos. It's what my kids like the most. They even made a Lego Baby Nursery. https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e3b2331c-a53f-4c20-8183-c30deef42b4a
    josekalel
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,692
    Do other countries still do that? Kinda looks likes a baby shop. Puts baby on scales "That's $5.99 please".
    SirBrickalotOfLegoktsamBrixfan02
    SumoLego said:

Ah. If I found a poly for 0.99, I would have bought them all too! The Dareth poly isn't that bad, it's got a cool Nindroid.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,254
    cmf used to cost 2 to 2 € 50 until the price got bumped to 4€. even for 2€ they didn't seem to sell that much. for 4€, it looks like the nearby shops may just have given up selling them.
    One of the independent toy stores in my area occassionally carry them at a whopping $5.99. 

I'll pay the shipping through BrickLink, thank you very much, if I were ever that desparate.
    Fizyx
  • colaycolay OxfordshireMember Posts: 309
    when are these due out? Look good some of them. Love the brick costumes
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 588
    SumoLego said:
    One of the independent toy stores in my area occassionally carry them at a whopping $5.99. 

I'll pay the shipping through BrickLink, thank you very much, if I were ever that desparate.
    Yeah, when the Disney series came out, the only place that had them in my area for the longest time was a local toy store where regular price was $6. I finally gave in and bought them there when they had them on sale, cost me about $4.50 each.
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    That mouse piece looks adorable! I will probably be buying multiples of the elephant suit girl. It's fun that I always get a lot of CMF:s, but it's not really the figs that I'm interested in...
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 190
    SumoLego said:

Ah. If I found a poly for 0.99, I would have bought them all too! The Dareth poly isn't that bad, it's got a cool Nindroid.
    Not to mention it’s the only way to get Dareth unless you feel inclined to buy the Temple of Aitjitzu or someone’s figure from it.
    FowlerBricksBrickByBrick
    SumoLego said:

Not to mention it’s the only way to get Dareth unless you feel inclined to buy the Temple of Aitjitzu or someone’s figure from it.
    They're different though, so that version is polybag exclusive. 
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    Any pre-order info @MinifiguresPlus ?
    edited February 2018
    So apparently the Classic cop will be one per box.... yeah.. getting a bit sick of this LEGO.
    flordgmonkey76kbwJern92
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667
    Ugh.
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 984
    What are peoples thoughts on the orange bases?  Nothing really wrong with it, but my eyes keep going to the bases telling my brain, "hmmm, orange bases", lol.   Never did that with black
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 306
    So apparently the Classic cop will be one per box.... yeah.. getting a bit sick of this LEGO.
    Eh, it's not as bad as it could've been honestly - whilst it sounds a tad irritating to feel for (a one in 60 chance is... yeah), at least it ain't completely impossible to obtain like with Mr Gold innit
    pharmjod
    CCC said:
    Some speculation here ...

Given that there are 17, I wonder what the distribution will be like. It'll be interesting if one is rarer (maybe one per box). And if one is rare, it makes sense that it is the odd one out, the policeman. The classic figure that is there all by himself in a series that he doesn't seem to belong. So people could end up paying $20-30 or something crazy for a figure that would probably be $1 on BL.

Yeah, my speculation was correct!
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 687
    In a TDKR Bane voice, "Let the games begin!"
    edited February 2018
    Please, please, please put 60 regular plus one Cop in the case.

"How noble!"
    josekalel
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 385
    edited February 2018
    This was the one minifigure I was most excited about, so of course this would be limited and a pain in the rear to find. 
    SumoLego
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,254
    Ayliffe said:
    Eh, it's not as bad as it could've been honestly - whilst it sounds a tad irritating to feel for (a one in 60 chance is... yeah), at least it ain't completely impossible to obtain like with Mr Gold innit
    yeah, it could have been the dragon you only have 1 in 60 chance to get. it's not like you won't all solve the problem by buying the whole box.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 199
    Every so often don't CMF minifigs make their way into sets so collectability is pointless plus the bases aren't really functional even to make a podium ,how many podiums would a city need, price is also off putting, even at 3euro they're not value
    Fauch said:
    Ayliffe said:
    yeah, it could have been the dragon you only have 1 in 60 chance to get. it's not like you won't all solve the problem by buying the whole box.
    'There is not a problem in the world that cannot be solved with money'.. yeah yeah... The problem is it makes it infinitely more difficult to get more than one complete set from a box.
    If I buy a box it is because I can get three whole sets from it. That will not be the case here. Take Mr Gold. IMO Mr Gold was a specialty figure, not really part of the set as it were (because it was specifically a chase figure). Nor does he show up on the figure checklist pamphlet that comes which each figure (yeas, he is on the back due to the promotion, but does not really appear as part of the set IMO).

It appears the Cop is part of this set, so if you miss him you do not have a whole series 18... Poor move by LEGO IMO. Now, if the cop does not appear on the checklist? Then maybe he is a 'chase' figure and really not needed to 'complete' the set, there is always that. We will not know until someone posts the checklist for the figures
    gmonkey76Onebricktoomanysid3windr
    truck730 said:
    Every so often don't CMF minifigs make their way into sets so collectability is pointless plus the bases aren't really functional even to make a podium ,how many podiums would a city need, price is also off putting, even at 3euro they're not value
    The bases are perfectly functional. I've got about 300 Blackmore's that I use for roofs.
    gmonkey76
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 385
    How do the MinifiguresPlus preorders work? Are those posted in the marketplace forum? Is there a limited number of preorders accepted? 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667

It appears the Cop is part of this set, so if you miss him you do not have a whole series 18... Poor move by LEGO IMO. Now, if the cop does not appear on the checklist? Then maybe he is a 'chase' figure and really not needed to 'complete' the set, there is always that. We will not know until someone posts the checklist for the figures

From New York Toy Fair, the cop is dead-center on the blind bag and in the middle of the checklist.

I personally think it should have been a modern printed face with the classic body. 

Finding him will be painful.
    (Actually, it should be pretty easy.  He'll be the only flat bag in the case.)
    tccBumblepantsMuftak1gmonkey76MynattpharmjodcatwranglerBrixfan02VorpalRyu