Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Looking for (UK): Hamley's Guard polybag

Comments

• BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    edited January 2018
    I shall compile a new list!

Hamley's Guards are £6.00 each
    Lesters from the Leicester Square Lego store are £5.99 each.

I bought a box full of small padded envelopes, so they work out at 10p each, and I can get 5 figs in the envelope.

UK postage (2nd class, Large Letter) is 76p

So some examples:

1 Guard & 1 Lester in the UK = £12.85

A bigger envelope to the UK (can get about 15 figs in) is £1.99 for the envelope + £2.90 postage

European postage (for a small bag) is £2.55

USA postage for a middle-sized bag (about 6-8 figs) was £1.09 (envelope) + £4.45 postage.

What we did recently, to cut down on postage, was that I sent a box of about 30 Lesters and 30 Guards to @SumoLego and he's going to distribute them to the people who asked for them.

I'm happy to send of individual envelopes if there are just one or two North American requests, but if there are a bunch, it might be worth doing something like that again.  I'd need to check that SumoLego was ok with that, as obviously he had to lay out about £300 up front.

I'll make a new list of the requests that I've got and PM people for details.   
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,281
    Provisional requests so far.
    I'm assuming you're based in the UK if it's not obvious from your UserId.

@pharmjod (USA)   3 Guards, 3 Lesters

@BeauBricks (Netherlands)  1 Guard, 1 Lester

@Renegade007cjh  2 Guards, 2 Lesters

@Onebricktoomany (USA)  3 Guards, 3 Lesters

@sonatine01  1 Guard, 1 Lester

@Poltergeist (USA) 1 Guard, 1 Lester

@polyester  2 Guards, 1 Lester

@Gremer (USA)  1 Guard, 1 Lester

@LukeSkywalker 2/3 Guards

@flord (Canada) 1 Lester

@dingbat (Italy) 3 Guards, 3 Lesters

ravot
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,808
    edited January 2018
    Can you put me down for two Lesters? I've trying to help a couple friends out. Thanks!
  • loyalroyalloyalroyal Member Posts: 2
    Hi @BooTheMightyHamster , very generous of you to do this.

If possible could I request 2 guards please? I'm in the UK but hoping to avoid Hamley's £5 postage. 

Many thanks! :) 
  • dingbatdingbat ItaliaMember Posts: 6
      @BooTheMightyHamster  thanks so much for your effort!!  I'll be waiting for your PM info.  Cheers!
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,776
    SumoLego said:
    (For those in the US, the polys are still enroute.  I will be in-touch with everyone for payment and delivery arrangements once I recieve them.)
    Thanks for the update, @SumoLego.

Have the payment directions been posted, @BooTheMightyHamster?

I will be handling those arrangements once the polys get to me.  I am still awaiting delivery.
    gmonkey76davetheoxygenmanBricklover18kiki180703
  • deepdalelegenddeepdalelegend PRESTON, ENGLANDMember Posts: 351
    @BooTheMightyHamster Can I put my name down for a Hamley's guard please?
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 597
    @BooTheMightyHamster please may I have 2 guards and 2 lesters?
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 793
    @BooTheMightyHamster may I get 2 guards and 2 lesters as well?  I am located in the US.  Thank you for doing this.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 793
    @SumoLego please let me know if you have leftovers of the guards and lesters.  Thank you.
    SumoLego
  • WatermosssWatermosss North WalesMember Posts: 2
    Hi - can I get in on this! I’m new round here and UK based! I’d like to request a Lester and 2x Guards please! 

You must be a frequent customer in both stores now - do they know your name yet!

Thanks!
  • timwongtimwong hong kongMember Posts: 2
    @BooTheMightyHamster Could you also mail to Hong Kong? I would love to have 6 guards and 3 lesters

• George_WLGeorge_WL USMember Posts: 1
    Can I also have 1 Guard & 1 Leste please? I am in the US. Really appreciate you’ve help! 
    I think I've contacted everyone who's asked for figs.  If you haven't heard from me, PM me with a nudge.
    stlux
  • mhortarmhortar United StatesMember Posts: 1
    I'd be interested in getting 4 of each to distribute to some local LUG members. Located in the US
  • blade_guyblade_guy Member Posts: 191
    edited January 2018
    Thank you @BooTheMightyHamster - my guards arrived safely!
    Excellent!

@mhortar - I'll PM you this evening.
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 171
    Please take me off the list. Maybe another week.
    @Gremer

Sure - no problem.  Feel free to PM me if you change your mind.
    Quick update - I believe USPS tried to deliver a package today.  I will let everyone know when I pick it up tomorrow.
    MegtheCatdavetheoxygenmangmonkey76Bricklover18M_Bossvwong19stluxkiki180703
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 100
    Mine received safely - huge thanks @BooTheMightyHamster - a true Gent!
    Good stuff!
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    Thanks @BooTheMightyHamster received mine as well.
    Next batch away!  Everyone who has sent me address details now has figs in the post.
    stlux
    Phew!  I was beginning to think they'd got lost!
    Cheers, @SumoLego !

SumoLegoM_BossSeijiAmasawadavetheoxygenmangmonkey76kiki180703
  • sonatine01sonatine01 EnglandMember Posts: 467
    @BooTheMightyHamster  mine turned up today, thanks again for all your effort m8, well appreciated:-)
    Figs for @BeauBricks and @mhortar are away. That's all posting up to date.

• BobbtomBobbtom Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2018
    Im the US, would it be possible for me to get 4 guards?

BooTheMightyHamster

@SumoLego
    Hi @Bobbtom
    I can do that.  I don't think @SumoLego will have any spares, but it's worth waiting for him to reply just in case he does, because that'll save on your postage costs.
    Hi @Bobbtom
    I can do that.  I don't think @SumoLego will have any spares, but it's worth waiting for him to reply just in case he does, because that'll save on your postage costs.
    Ok
  • Aero_XAero_X RussiaMember Posts: 1
    Hello, @BooTheMightyHamster! If it’s possible, can you get 1 Guard and 2 Lesters for me, please? (Shipping to Russia)
    Hi @Aero_X

if you can get to Paypal, I can get to the Post Office!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2018
    Hi @BooTheMightyHamster

If possible, could you please put me down for 1x Lester and 2x Guards?

Many thanks in advance! :-)
    Hi @Bobbtom

Sumo is out of guards, so if you do send him a second shipment, please reserve 4 guards for me. Thanks!
    I'll see if he's interested, but I've sent about 5 packets off to people in the US since I sent that box, so there may not be sufficient demand for another bulk shipment.
  • WatermosssWatermosss North WalesMember Posts: 2
    A little package arrived today! Thanks @BooTheMightyHamster!
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 86
    Sorry I'm late on this, but if another shipment is in the works I would be interested in 2 Lesters and two guards. Happy to work a deal with somebody on the other side of the pond as well. I'm in the US. Thanks 
  • RedMarkRedMark UKMember Posts: 75
    Plenty in stock at Hamley's Trafford centre today.
    omnium
    I'll see if he's interested, but I've sent about 5 packets off to people in the US since I sent that box, so there may not be sufficient demand for another bulk shipment.
    I'm happy to do another batch.  

The savings is on shipping for those that want only a pair or less than four.  Obviously, the more polys Boo can fit in the smaller bubble mailer, the cheaper overall cost.
    madforLEGO
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,302
    Definitely interested for 2. I know it is a bit off topic, and not sure if @BooTheMightyHamster can help, but I'm also looking to get a bunch of Lester polys too (if they can still be gotten from the store)
    edited January 2018
    Ok, I'll send off figs to those that I've already been in contact with (some went yesterday, the remainder will be in the next few days), but for any new USA requests I'll start making a list.  If we get enough I'll arrange a second shipment to @SumoLego
    If anyone's in a hurry though, PM me and I can send them direct.

Postage to the USA for a padded envelope is between £3.25 and about £5.50, depending on envelope size, and I can probably get about 15 max in the largest envelope.  After that it makes sense to send a small box to SumoLego.

Thus far it appears to be:

@Bobbtom   4 x Guards
    @WeezyCupcake   2 x Guards, 2 x Lesters
    @madforLEGO   2 x Guards, 'A bunch' of Lesters

Bricklover18SumoLegosnowhitiekiki180703
    (First batch of Guards and Lesters are on their way to their new US homes.  I hope to get the rest out by Tuesday, assuming the couple of stragglers get back to me.)
    MegtheCatBricklover18gmonkey76davetheoxygenmanstluxkiki180703
  • WeezyCupcakeWeezyCupcake Member Posts: 86
    @SumoLego if you are going to do another batch please put me down for 4 of each please. Don't know if anyone else is interested in joining.  Thanks
    @SumoLego if you are going to do another batch please put me down for 4 of each please. Don't know if anyone else is interested in joining.  Thanks
    @BooTheMightyHamster runs the show - as he's able to source them.
  • ravotravot USA/ILMember Posts: 22
    @SumoLego
    payment sent! thanks again.
    SumoLego
    @Bobbtom  
    @WeezyCupcake   
    @madforLEGO   

Doesn't look like there's sufficient interest to send another box over to the US, but I'm happy to send them direct to you if you'd still like some figs.  Guards are £6.00 each, Lesters are £5.99 each and P&P would be about £4.00, give or take.

Cheers.