Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brag Time. How big is your Lego Collection?

12345679»

Comments

• AltairAltair FranceMember Posts: 52
    Wow, you guys really have impressive collections! Mine is much smaller as I started recently, I only have 126 sets (63385 pieces) and 516 minifigs. As for my biggest sets (2000 pieces and above), here they are: Millenium Falcon 75192, Taj Mahal 10256, Death Star 75159, Tower of Orthanc 10237, Destiny's Bounty 70618, Old Fishing Store 21310, Temple of Airjitzu 70751, NASA Apollo Saturn V 21309.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,277
    Here’s another stat that might be interesting. What’s your average pieces per set? I’ve noticed my parts collection rank is way higher than my sets collection rank. Based on the pieces brickset says I have and the number of my sets for which it has piece counts, my average pieces per set is 714.
    Mea culpa:
    I did the math wrong above. I forgot about the duplicates issue when it says “we have piece counts for 299 of your sets.” 
    If I assume that I only have one each of the 4 sets that Brickset doesn’t have piece counts for, then I have 425 sets for which piece counts exist, and dividing my 213516 pieces (which are only in sets), I get an average of 502 pieces per set.
    I was going to suggest this stat be added to the Your Collection Page, but now I see it's not so simple.
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 444
    With 470 sets and 165,944 pieces, my average part count is 353. Which makes #5766 Log Cabin my most averagely sized set (355 pieces). I don't include CMFs in my collection, but I do have over 130 of my childhood sets which consists mostly of small Town and Space sets - I might do a pre- v. post-dark ages comparison at some point to see how big a difference they make...
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    408 Sets with 45,600 pieces. I'd add about 2 thousandish of assorted pieces from garage sales and such over the years. Substantial part of my collection is CMF's, hence the relatively short piece count for the size!
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,267
    Here’s another stat that might be interesting. What’s your average pieces per set? I’ve noticed my parts collection rank is way higher than my sets collection rank. Based on the pieces brickset says I have and the number of my sets for which it has piece counts, my average pieces per set is 714.
    Mea culpa:
    I did the math wrong above. I forgot about the duplicates issue when it says “we have piece counts for 299 of your sets.” 
    If I assume that I only have one each of the 4 sets that Brickset doesn’t have piece counts for, then I have 425 sets for which piece counts exist, and dividing my 213516 pieces (which are only in sets), I get an average of 502 pieces per set.
    I was going to suggest this stat be added to the Your Collection Page, but now I see it's not so simple.

I was actually thinking that I would love to see an average parts per set stat.  They could actually do it two ways, and I wouldn't be sad if both of the ways got included, actually.  The first was is to do it straight, all sets that have part counts included in the calculations.  The second way would be to only include unique sets that have part counts in the calculations.  Both are interesting pieces of the collection analysis puzzle I think :)
    ^ I don’t quite understand your second way. What are “unique sets that have part counts”?
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,267
    ^ I don’t quite understand your second way. What are “unique sets that have part counts”?
    Some sets don't have part counts in the database, so they would have to be eliminated from your average, even if they were unique to your collection.  So this would be the average piece count of your collection if you only counted 1 of every set that you had.

This is probably of less utility than the other one, but I would find it personally since I tend to only get doubles or more of sets if I end up getting extra promos and things.  Generally I'm just looking to get one of each set that I get, and it would be neat to see average part count across my actual 'pure' collection, not including doubles.
    Astrobricks
    Fizyx said:
    Some sets don't have part counts in the database, so they would have to be eliminated from your average, even if they were unique to your collection.  So this would be the average piece count of your collection if you only counted 1 of every set that you had.

This is probably of less utility than the other one, but I would find it personally since I tend to only get doubles or more of sets if I end up getting extra promos and things.  Generally I'm just looking to get one of each set that I get, and it would be neat to see average part count across my actual 'pure' collection, not including doubles.
    Ok, I get it. But for me, I have a lot of dups, so that’s of little interest to me.