Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    On a fairly tight budget this month, but couldnt pass up some CMF's on my Barnes&Noble trick. Had series 2 of Batman so picked up one of those, and I'd yet to get any Ninjago ones. The Calculator was the last villain I needed from series 1, so felt through a handful of packs to grab him!
    FowlerBricksMegtheCatkiki180703MooreFXKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    edited January 2018
    Yes, it's now a legal build, but it still feels very odd:

And as a puzzle for the reader, you may tell me what my obvious, intentional mistake in this step was... :-)

What do you mean, "It wasn't intentional"?
    FowlerBricksKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
  • MiniBricks1MiniBricks1 USMember Posts: 99
    Built #21310 (old fishing store) yesterday.. such a fantastic set! I really enjoyed the build, and it looks amazing. So many neat details.
    FowlerBricksMooreFX
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    ^^^^^^ wow, can’t wait to pick this up. Just finished Ninjago City and to be honest (at the moment) it blows every other set I have out of the water in terms of its vibrancy and diversity! Unbelievable set. 
    M1J0EbluedragonOnebricktoomanyAanchirGibbo1959
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,640
    Just finished a small rebuild for Rebrick's current contest.

the_creative_boxOnebricktoomanyKLOKRIECHERtallblocktookiki180703
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 510
    ateague said:
    ^^^^^^ wow, can’t wait to pick this up. Just finished Ninjago City and to be honest (at the moment) it blows every other set I have out of the water in terms of its vibrancy and diversity! Unbelievable set. 
    That, and the Disney Castle, and the Parisian Restaurant..., are on my must buy list as funds permit.  I don’t think it’d take much modding with the water to fit it into a modular street, and I have yet to hear anybody who has a bad word to say about Ninjago City.  Even if you’re not into Ninjago at all.
    Onebricktoomany
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,846
    Finished bag 7 of #75192 UCS MF. Bags 1-6 were fiddly or huge, taking 1.5 - 2 hours. Bag 7 took 50 mins, going slowly. Time-wise I think i'm well over halfway, even if i'm only 41% though the bags.
    MooreFXsnowhitie
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    Completed #70615 Fire Mech last night. I enjoyed the build and the completed model looks awesome, but it is let down a little by it's lack of poseability. I don't mind the lack of knees,  but the arms are too heavy for the shoulder joints in certain positions and the ankle joints don't have enough flexibility.

Overall though, a really nice model and I can't wait to get the Quake Mech to go next to it (once the price has dropped a bit).
    FowlerBricksricecake
    Bag 2’s done.  Really enjoying the build on this one!  I was kinda surprised by all the SNOT used to achieve the depth to the ceiling white/teal/pink overhang.  They could’ve just stacked some bricks & plates up, which would’ve been simpler, but this way is much more worthy of a standout modular!
    FowlerBricksthe_creative_boxsnowhitieKLOKRIECHERMooreFXtallblocktookiki180703
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    Got fed up with breaking down the WV, so just finished #60175. The plane is really good, and am happy with the armoured truck to go with my Brick Bank. Don’t really get the handchuffs for the armoured truck driver. The beehive is really nice too, as is the ATV.
    MooreFX
    Bag 10 of #75192 done, which finishes off the underside and does the top of the mandibles. The attention to detail on the underside is very impressive, considering how little it will be looked at.
    FowlerBricksMooreFX
    Wow that looks amazing!  
    MaffyD
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    ^^ As a Marvel fan (comics and films) the Helicarrier was the first large set that I bought and it really dragged me out of my dark age by showing me what you can do with Lego. It's still my favourite set today (though I have Ninjago City waiting to be built, which may change things).
    FizyxOnebricktoomanyMaffyDHanzokiki180703
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 324
    I really enjoyed the Helicarrier as well. Spend the extra $25 bucks or so and motorize the turbines. 
    MaffyDFizyx
    @herbyderby you kept the box right? It's mocked up to be part of the display and he fits neatly inside it.
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 55
    MrJackson said:
    @herbyderby you kept the box right? It's mocked up to be part of the display and he fits neatly inside it.
    Yes, although unfortunately the box was a bit damaged during shipping (from Hungary). I got the seller to issue a partial refund.
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 231
    Day 20 of SW advent calendar resisting a January set opening by making this last and then the city one ,Christmas will also extend so even more happy
    MooreFX
    Bag 12 of the #75192 done - Was convinced that I was a macaroni plate short for the exhaust vents. found it in fold on my sock about an hour after giving up on it being found! Definitely on the home stretch now. Not entirely happy with the way 2 back exhaust plate builds sit against the central rear one. Might all come together properly with the rest of them, or might need a bit of positional tweaking.
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    I love that nutcracker. @MrJackson and @herbyderby thanks for sharing!
    @snowhitie no problem. I havnt built 50 Years On Track yet but my employee gifts the most prized among my collection. 
    snowhitie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,612
    MrJackson said:
    I really enjoyed the Helicarrier as well. Spend the extra $25 bucks or so and motorize the turbines. 
    I've got the motors, and the lights, but can I find them? Can I heck! I shall continue the search. In the meantime, I need to find a way to display this without dominating the dining room table, and I have a thought about complementing sets as well...
    Fizyx
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 413
    Bag 12 of the #75192 done - Was convinced that I was a macaroni plate short for the exhaust vents. found it in fold on my sock about an hour after giving up on it being found! Definitely on the home stretch now. Not entirely happy with the way 2 back exhaust plate builds sit against the central rear one. Might all come together properly with the rest of them, or might need a bit of positional tweaking.
    The amount of times I’ve found parts in the folds of my clothes is more than I’m willing to admit. How do they get there? :D
    FizyxOnebricktoomany
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    The amount of times I’ve found parts in the folds of my clothes is more than I’m willing to admit. How do they get there? :D

Clearly you are spending too much time Scrooge McDuck-ing in your pile of freshly opened LEGO!
    OnebricktoomanydavetheoxygenmanMaffyDAddicted2Oxygenkiki180703
    Bag 13 done and I am actually missing 2 pieces (unlucky number I guess!). The biggest bag of the bag 13 set was split in the box, and I was hoping that it was all there after I found plenty of loose pieces in the box, seems that I am missing a 1x2 wedge brick and a 1x2 plate with peg, both of which go into one of the brick built rear plating array fins. Almost certain I can find the wedge brick, hopefully the peg plate too. Lots of spares in that bag.
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 802
    Building the Destiny's Bounty I picked up over the holidays for a discount minus minifigures. Never been a Ninjago fan so not too fussed; all I wanted was the ship.
    Switchfoot55FowlerBrickssnowhitie
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384

This is my WIP attempt at the new McLaren Senna. Waiting on parts to finish it.
    KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricks
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    Just started the build on Palace Cinema. That red base plate really looks awesome. And the green brick separator too.
    BumblepantsFowlerBricks
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,944
    arathemis said:
    Just started the build on Palace Cinema. That red base plate really looks awesome. And the green brick separator too.
    I am disappointed they didn't continue making the separator in colors that aren't orange.
    FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,640
    ^a brick separators color pack! Red, green, blue, purple, the whole spectrum! That would actually be pretty awesome, not knowing what color separator you'd get in each set.
    Fizyxsid3windr
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    they could make a Collectible separators line like the CMFs. The problem would be that feeling the bags won`t help much in determining the color :)))
    sid3windr
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    edited January 2018
    Trying to build my own version of the Traction City of London, as seen in the Mortal Engines teaser trailer. I really enjoyed the books by Philip Reeve, and I'm looking forward to watching the movie in December.
    PeteMBumblepantsMaffyDKLOKRIECHERsnowhitiekiki180703
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171

All done, and it is amazing.
    the_creative_boxMooreFXKLOKRIECHERsnowhitiepharmjodtallblocktooMegtheCatkiki180703
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,421
    I build lego, you seem to paint them.. to each his own, all good :D
    Darth_Jar_Jar
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156
    Fantastic so far, reminds me a lot of pet shop, but so much funner :)
    KLOKRIECHERchrisalddinFowlerBrickssnowhitieJRLkiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,944
    @Paperballpark Printing press is phenomenal! Great stuff
    Paperballpark
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 443
    Really cool press! Shame the papers won't fit the crate ;)

Can't wait for the total package.
    Paperballpark
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    @Paperballpark Both of those are great little builds.  The printing press is blowing me away. 
    Paperballpark
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    I haven't seen anything like it - very creative designs!
    Paperballpark
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 332
    Making a concerted effort to make a dent in my backlog. Not built any modulars before, so looking forward to working through these over the next couple of months. Especially looking forward to the ewok village. But first a new shelf must be put up!

BumblepantsKLOKRIECHERYodaliciousMooreFXMegtheCatSwitchfoot55kiki180703
  • abordoliabordoli Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 131
    Just built the Star Wars Ski-Speeder last night. Ship is awesome. Accessories...blah.
    KLOKRIECHERMooreFX
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,878
    @Paperballpark great job!

Like some of the posters above I fancied some modular building. Haven't got the diner yet but Ninjago City should bridge the gap.

Groundwork done, looking forward to doing more over the weekend.

PaperballparkBumblepantstallblocktooKLOKRIECHERMooreFXMegtheCatmafonkiki180703
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 486
    ^Prepare for lots of fun! I've just finished the Bounty to go with it. REALLY hope the TLNM Docks set becomes reality!
    snowhitieFowlerBricksFizyx
  • abordoliabordoli Atlanta, GeorgiaMember Posts: 131
    edited January 2018
    What set is the above or is it an MOC? Oh, it's Ninjago City. Not really a fan of that line though I have built a few for the wife here and there.