Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset Bendybadger Bonusball Bonanza - Eanair Edition

eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 155

Happy Weekend Everyone!  

This weeks Brickset Bendybadger Bonus Ball Bonanza is proudly brought to you by me!

So, this weeks question.  If you won the actual lottery - let's say €10 million - what's the first thing you'd buy yourself?  And no being generous or charitable, I want to hear what totally selfish thing you'd splash out on, just for you!  Private island?  Ferrari?  MISB Cafe Corner?  Me, I'd like to buy an old farm - whitewashed walls, galvanised roof & stone outbuildings. 

As usual the first 59 answers will get a number.  If your number is drawn as the Bonus Ball in this weekends UK lottery then you'll be the winner! 

I might not be able to make your lottery dream come true, but the prize will be something from my Lego stash!  Open worldwide!

FowlerBricksTXLegoguyvizzitorLegoboyiso3200Lego_StarSeijiAmasawaMAGNINOMINISUMBRASirBenTheFewsnowhitieMr_CrossGothamConstructionCoGoldchainskiki180703ricecake

Comments

• Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,574
    #75192 Enough Said!
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,720
    Hmm...all the UCS sets, probably, then all the Minecraft sets. Is that too many? ;)
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 256
    A nice big ole' house with a dedicated Lego room and lots of land!
    snowhitie
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,450
    A holiday house near Nice; closest warm(ish) destination with daily direct flights from Luxembourg...
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 590
    A new house with a dedicated lego room.
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    UCS Slave 1, possibly, or a bottle of 30yr old single malt.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    A big bag of Candy King Fizzy cola bottles.  Oh, and new teeth.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • MasterBeefyMasterBeefy US of AMember Posts: 121
    Probably some fast food before I get to the Audi dealership. Seriously though probably 10+ Battle of Atlantis sets.
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I would buy a house,  have a dedicated lego room, and a nice home theater in it also.
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 457
    Probably some crazy hyper 10 thousand dollar PC of some kind. Followed by completing my Region 1 Classic Who DVD Collection!
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 1,079
    Hmmm first selfish thing?  Maybe the first DC super heroes batman sets I missed out on?
    gmonkey76
  • sukhsukh Member Posts: 142
    A house with 2 acres to garden
  • CoviCovi BelgiumMember Posts: 319
    An Audi S8 full option, and I would probably quit my job and do something I really want without needing to work for a boss or something. Just going with the flow while still doing something.
    Bumblepants
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,855
    It's a toss up between a new house or an incredible vacation. To be fair, both would involve Lego somehow...
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 297
    I would buy a house. 
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 452
    edited January 2018
    You're all thinking too sensibly!

I've a plan if I won anything over about 4 million to go full eccentric. I'd buy a full suit of armour and rent a horse (no intention of looking after an animal long term). Then I'd wander around like that whenever I desired. I'd like to see the faces at the pay window in a drive through McDonalds.

Thanks @eanair for organising this.
    Lego_StarToc13stluxsnowhitieMasterBeefyTheOriginalSimonBkiki180703catwrangler
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 722
    A very nice house
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2018
    A house but not just for me. And not just any house, it would have land, a beautiful garden with trees, it would have a LEGO wing :o) an arcade, 4 private cinemas, a swimming pool, sauna, steam room, 2 jacuzzi's, a basketball/badminton court, a mini gym, a dance studio, multiple bedrooms ensuite, fab kitchen, dining room, and a grand family room with a fireplace.

You know, just cos I'm totally dreaming. :o) Might have blown the budget a bit?! :D
    sid3windrsnowhitie
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    edited January 2018
    First thing I'd buy is a new cellphone with a new number so I wouldn't have to take all those calls from people asking for money then head straight for a very long vacation
    Toc13CovisnowhitieLittleLorikiki180703
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,309
    A house.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,089
    A house with a guest house for my Lego.
    Lego_Starmak0137
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,065
    It’s funny how things change as you get older. In my teens and twenties it would have been the obvious choices of fast cars and massive houses.

Now I think I’d be bored with no requirement to actually earn money anymore and I’d need to do something to keep me sane.

My dream selfish purchase would be a good sized custom newly built studio. Half music studio so I can write more, and half photography studio, just so I can shoot people for the fun of it again.

All mod cons and the latest equipment throughout. And a huge chocolate fountain somewhere within.
    Lego_Starstluxsnowhitie
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    Hah, I'm too level headed for an island. I'd definitely get a big, big house though. Not sure about anything else. Obviously LEGO and other hobbies come to mind, but I'd be very happy with just a big house for family and hobbies :)
    Lego_Star
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 489
    I'd throw a massive party...then invest a lot and get more Lego room!
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,133
    A large house- probably taking up a good 20% of the win- with a dedicated Lego & gaming room...and a whole bunch of Lego to fill it with
  • caterham7caterham7 UkMember Posts: 409
    Ultima GTR.  And then another Caterham.  Or two.
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 732
    I'd buy a Delorean, then convert it to look like a time machine. Flux capacitor and everything. No contest.
    Lego_StarToc13vizzitorstluxsnowhitie
  • FodderFodder AustraliaMember Posts: 344
    All the Dino and JW sets that are discontinued, and any Modular that I could get my hands on
  • CaptainPirateManCaptainPirateMan MichiganMember Posts: 353
    I would pay off the mortgage on my cabin, then build a HUGE pole barn with a section dedicated to my Lego layout/world/display.
  • cmrt1014cmrt1014 Member Posts: 396
    Pay off the mortgage, then probably a trip to Alaska.

Thanks @eanair for hosting!!
    snowhitie
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 259
    I’d buy a compound so I can house people I like near me plus a car or three plus pay off school loans.
    snowhitie
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 283
    A house.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    Display cabinets for my LEGO to keep one of my cats away from the temptation to lose/chew pieces from my sets :-D
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 619
    A new house.
  • tcctcc Washington, DCMember Posts: 73
    Mr. Gold.
    FowlerBricks
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Like so many others, a house with a LEGO room or three. 
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 796
    A new, large home.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,524
    A car, possibly a Bristol Fighter, or one of those racing offroad trucks, although that would probably take a bit of time to get hold of.
  • mampepinmampepin CanadaMember Posts: 66
    Plane tickets for the whole family to visit more family!
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    Most of my lottery dreams are quite altruistic.  However, if we're playing the game... the first thing would be calling the Jack Daniels distillery to organise a bottle of nice bourbon.  The kind of Bourbon reserved for kings, presidents and Frank Sinatra! Then organise a musician or two to come around and play while I drank it (think Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles or Springsteen).
    Thanks @eanair
    snowhitie
  • eggsheneggshen Middleton, WIMember Posts: 590
    A HUGE LEGO room, surrounded by a house. House optional. 
    gmonkey76snowhitiemak0137Lego_Star
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,003
    A permanent home on Disney property near the magic kingdom 
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,795
    2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 589
    Reliable new minivan with heated leather seats.
    mak0137MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,093
    edited January 2018
    I'd definitely pay off my house.

And buy a new suit.  

Jeez, I'm so lame...
    mak0137
  • TyresOFlahertyTyresOFlaherty USAMember Posts: 344
    Shoot, I'd buy a house in Lake Tahoe.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,450
    A holiday, then a slightly bigger house so I could have a dedicated LEGO room
  • alldarkeralldarker NetherlandsMember Posts: 224
    Les Paul Gibson guitar!
    caterham7Lego_Star
  • kwkwkwkw USAMember Posts: 1,207
    A mansion with the largest lego room ever
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,156
    Buy a new set of lungs so I can get rid of my January cough! Oh and maybe a McLaren F1 from the 90s to potter around in.
    vizzitorMAGNINOMINISUMBRA