Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Please ID this vintage Ice Planet 2002 set

fatkingletfatkinglet torontoMember Posts: 22
Hi, I found these two big planes along with parts of Ice Station Odyssey from a used lego sale. I am wondering if these are moc or not, thanks!!!!

Comments

• willobee498willobee498 CanadalandMember Posts: 349
    Those are MOCs.
    Bumblepants
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    If you know what series they came from, why don't you look up the instructions and find out for yourself?
    madforLEGOmithridate
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,137
    It doesn't take much effort to search 'ice planet' on Brickset, then check the photos to see if they match anything.
    Bumblepantsoldtodd33madforLEGOmithridate
  • fatkingletfatkinglet torontoMember Posts: 22
    oldtodd33 said:
    If you know what series they came from, why don't you look up the instructions and find out for yourself?

Thanks all!!!!

I did check all the pictures online, but I am new to Lego set and I am not sure if they are sets not showing online or exclusive set in other countries

datsunrobbie
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 644
    Brickset is amazingly extensive, even with country exclusives, so it would have to be something amazingly odd/rare I’d think to not find it here!  I’m amazed at the amount & quality of information.
    snowhitie
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,702
    edited January 2018
    And if BrickSet doesn’t have it, then BrickLink probably will. One quick way to ID a set is to look for any printed parts and look those up on BrickLink. Just find the part number on the part (5 digits) then search for that and “printed” or “decorated”. If you find the part, there will be a link showing you which set(s) it is in.

But, yeah, those are almost certainly MOCs. 
    mithridateMaffyD
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 445
    Yup, they're absolutely MOCs. I can say this with certainty as just a couple of days ago I broke down all my Ice Planet sets for storage (and I have all of them with multiple copies of a few).  The big 10x10 wedge plates with cutouts only came in Ice Station Odyssey. I'm not familiar with how Rebrickable works but I believe if you put in the pieces it can tell you which sets they come from; someone better versed in the program can probably help better than I. Regardless, Ice Planet was an awesome theme, along with all the rest of the early 90s Space sets like M-Tron and the underdeveloped Unitron. Enjoy whatever sets you have, or make your own.  The color scheme alone has held up well over the years. 
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Wasn't aware of this theme until now. Looks pretty decent, may have to pick up a few of these.
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,070
    dmcc0 said:
    Wasn't aware of this theme until now. Looks pretty decent, may have to pick up a few of these.
    Deep Freeze Defender is a terrific set. Highly recommend it
    Oldfandmcc0
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,173
    I love M-Tron and the rest, but I still think Ice Planet 2002 is my favorite space theme. I may be biased because it was the theme that was out when I was like 7-9, though :P