Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What's the longest you have gone without purchasing anything Lego-related?

Comments

• dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 778
    Nothing since 2017 ;-)
    Fizyx
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,093
    I'm technically at day four, but since I'm keeping a pair of the Hamley's polys... 

Back to day one.
    MegtheCatdavetheoxygenmangmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 205
    bought something on BL last night. before that i'm not sure... it's all kind of a blur
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    8 days! Bought some stuff on 12/26. 
    Onebricktoomany
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 61
    Fireheart said:
    I have made a deal with the devil (aka the wife) that I will not purchase any LEGO related items till 31st March*

*One caveat that I have managed to add in was that “if” there are any Black VIP card deals during this period then I am allowed to get these.

Its going to be hard to do. But a deal is a deal.
    This sounds like a challenge! Does the devil know that you will spend the same money you would now spend just some months later?
    sid3windr
  • Darth_Jar_JarDarth_Jar_Jar Near explosions Member Posts: 43
    March 27, 2015 to December 27, 2015. Thanks to the Force Awakens, these voices in my head told me to buy something, so I bought 75099 (Rey's Tractor) which lead to me spending over $300 on LEGO within the next week. 
    77ncaachampsMegtheCat
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,592
    I have bought nothing so far this year, it's part of my New Years Resolution list. The only thing I plan on getting is the diner and promo set at the end of the month and I have all the points I need to get them free. After that I have given Lego the heave ho for the year. Will be dumping lots of sets on Ebay this year. 
    77ncaachamps
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    Fireheart said:
    I have made a deal with the devil (aka the wife) that I will not purchase any LEGO related items till 31st March*

*One caveat that I have managed to add in was that “if” there are any Black VIP card deals during this period then I am allowed to get these.

Its going to be hard to do. But a deal is a deal.
    The deal is now starting from tomorrow, so 6th Jan till the 31st March.

Renegotiation of the deal. I haven’t fell at the first hurdle ;)
    ^ So you are just going to buy it all today then?
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 620
    ^ No just 1 item that popped up on eBay that I didn’t have in my collection.. let’s hope no more come up. 
    Just remember - tomorrow never comes ;-)
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 785
    Other than the Batman series 2 CMFs, I’m hoping to last until the next double points sale at least. I want to continue to pump the brakes this year. There are a few random minifigs my kids want, the Diner, some of the Creator 3 in 1, Tron, Voltron if it happens, and then there’s Harry Potter later this year.

Please Lego, please don’t come out with anything else awesome.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 393
    does anyone know when the 2x VIP points events will be this year in EU?
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 94
    I almost made it a whole month once. Usually I struggle to beat a fortnight.
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 734
    Anything less than 17 minutes shouldn't count...
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Not counting a trade, I’m at about a month since my last true purchase. I’ve massively narrowed my wants for 2018 as well. Let’s see if I stick to it. The Diner, Millenium Falcon (no, not the big guy; actually the one from Solo), and some specific minifigs. The problem will come when the JW and HP sets come out. I’ll want all of those. 
    MegtheCatOnebricktoomanySumoLego
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,678
    About 5 minutes.
    FowlerBricks
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,543
    the longest is 5 minutes? wow, you don't even have time for sleeping !

if you want to reduce your spending, that won't be easy. it's lego's 60th birthday and they expect you to be very, very generous.
    Going to get Series 18 next month, and unless there are some amazing freebies between now and October, I am going on a Lego hiatus.
    Onebricktoomany
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 243
    Currently my record is about 7 years. The last thing I bought was a Spider-Man set back in December, but it wasn’t for me so...

Years without incident: ~1
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 892
    ^Um...HOW!?!?!?
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76sid3windrM_Boss
    ^I was only into Bionicle for a long time, and didn’t pick up any theme after G1 ended. I told myself I wasn’t going to buy any G2 sets, but after the cancellation I caved in and acquired a handful.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Was about to clear a month...

then TRU announced it was liquidating.

And the 99cent Stores started carrying the new Dimension sets.

Finally, I had Target gift cards given to me and they had $5.99 Rey and Kyle Brickheadz.
    Fizyxsid3windrpharmjodOnebricktoomany
  • RevanRevan In The ForceMember Posts: 1
    To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I'm guessing probably a few months. As of right now, I'm currently saving up for a few sets and should hopefully get them soon. The last set I purchased was #76086, The Knightcrawler Attack set in the Justice League line. 
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    Back up to 6 months again...

So that's a total purchase history (for myself) of the Lester and Darth Revan polybags in the last year!
    77ncaachamps
  • Darth_TaterDarth_Tater CanadaMember Posts: 1
    10-11 years. I just started getting back into LEGO.
    SearchlightRGBumblepantsFizyx
    Darn, there goes my record.
    edited March 2018
    Darn, there goes my record.
    I'm not sure a dark age counts...
    Astrobricks
    Back up to 6 months again...

So that's a total purchase history (for myself) of the Lester and Darth Revan polybags in the last year!
    It's just occurred to me that I'm talking a load of megablocks here - I bought a VIP keychain last month! Doh!
    FowlerBricks77ncaachamps
  • readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 62
    I didn't get into LEGO until I was an adult so 34 years. Then in 2010 I bought all the old HP sets and a few pirate sets. Then I stopped again for another 2.5 years because I was busy with other things. Since I have started buying regularly again, I usually go a quarter without buying. I am caught up in almost all the themes I get regularly so I only buy more LEGO when the new releases come out each quarter. However the past 2 years when I was getting caught up, I bought at least twice a month.
    FowlerBricks77ncaachamps
  • AnkhrosAnkhros TexasMember Posts: 28
    I've been on a Mega Construx kick lately, but I'd consider that Lego related. I've been good so far this month about not spending money on them, though I made let's build videos (Brick Building Fun on Youtube), so I have to keep a steady stream of builds coming out twice a week. But I have videos scheduled through April, so I can save up for a splurge in May. ;)
    77ncaachamps
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,958
    I managed a couple of months before succumbing to the latest series of CMF, TRU closing down, Tescos sales and more. I think I've bought LEGO five out of the last ten days!
    FizyxAnkhros
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 61
    I didn´t buy anything since May 4th ^^. Now I´m struggling with the VW Beetle because of an amazon UK Promo....
  • Patrik78Patrik78 Member Posts: 142
    edited May 2018
    For me it's basically from one 2x VIP points bonus to the next one. Last years I somehow improved my self-control and reduced Day 1 purchases to almost non-existent by always waiting for the double VIP promo.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,295
    As a TFOL, that's really not something to be proud of. For me? Well, waaay back when I was saving for #7965 I went roughly three months - six to save up, broken in half by one bargain Space purchase. Those were some rough times. My aunt bet I couldn't take a KFC box to school as my bag for the whole week, so I have to partially thank her.
    As I'm a nerd I have a detailed spreadsheet documenting my LEGO purchases since returning to the light.

Yes, seriously.

56 days back in June/July '16. Then 42 days in June/July last year. Average appears to be 10-14 days. Wonder what it is about June/July?
    Baby_Yoda
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    As I'm a nerd I have a detailed spreadsheet documenting my LEGO purchases since returning to the light.

Yes, seriously.

56 days back in June/July '16. Then 42 days in June/July last year. Average appears to be 10-14 days. Wonder what it is about June/July?
    I was going to say “summer weather” then I realized it’s winter down there...

• Bludchylde1Bludchylde1 Member Posts: 49
    Been since August that I have bought any Lego.

Problem is, I collect Lego, TransFormers and Marvel Legends and I'm used to seeing the same sets sitting for so long that I put those two lines as a priority for what little free spending money I have.

The only downside is that when I finally get around to buying Lego anymore, the sets I were my eye on for some reason just stop being on the shelf. And I literally mean as in I saw the set last week while getting groceries.
    77ncaachamps said:

I was going to say “summer weather” then I realized it’s winter down there...

At first I thought it was seasonal (too cold to shop?) but then I realised it's probably because June 1st is always a big release day for TLG so I probably just spend too much and then have to rein it in for a bit.
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,097
    Baby_Yoda said:
    My aunt bet I couldn't take a KFC box to school as my bag for the whole week, so I have to partially thank her.
    I'm not sure if I should be worried for your aunt, or just really like her style

• iwakurakaitouiwakurakaitou Philadelphia, PAMember Posts: 14
    Well, I just came out of my so-called "dark ages" back in July, but since then I don't think I've gone even a week without buying at least one set.

BumblepantsFowlerBricksMegtheCat
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 314
    Trying to save for holiday in April and every few quid im  seeing great sales ,I'm  resisting for now but that might just be holding back the tsunami
    Whenever the paycheck comes, it's really tempting but with double points and a LEGO gc, my streak of one month ends today!
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,357
    I only bought Ninjago City during the just-ended double VIP. Does that count as restraint?
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,473
    Sure! Of course, the title of this thread is "What's the longest you have gone without purchasing anything LEGO-related"! I'm still impressed. You waited a year to get an extra $15 of VIP points. I couldn't do that!
    Astrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,093
    Everyone should be re-set to ZERO days.
    AstrobricksBaby_YodaAddicted2OxygenOnebricktoomanyBillyBricks84
    I have been really good lately. Nothing since I finished the Harry Potter CMF series. The imminent demise of Brick Bank may draw me back in. We'll see. 

Can't believe BB is on the way out already.
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,357
    SumoLego said:
    Everyone should be re-set to ZERO days.
    I increasingly cannot even comprehend the subject of this thread :)
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomany77ncaachamps