Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What's the longest you have gone without purchasing anything Lego-related?

Comments

• piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,033
    Got #60154 as I didn't have a bus for my layout. Plus the minifigure travel pack so it all evens out.
    Onebricktoomany
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    It's been a couple of weeks, but we have a Lego Store trip coming up in four days, so...
    Onebricktoomany
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,514
    I've gone weeks where I buy nothing but then drop 5/600 euro in one week. All those purchases get me through till another 4 or 5 weeks.
    pharmjod77ncaachampsOnebricktoomany
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 667
    I've been clean almost 3 months (Had to get the droid polybag).
    SumoLegogmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    Need to buy a car soon, so after I acquire the Saturn V (and barring TLBM clearances), I may be done til Late Oct and Nov.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 280
    Today is day one!! I am the master of my domain (My Lego city, Lego closet, Lego room, Lego basement, Lego storage).  I will not purchase any Lego products regardless of how enticing the product, sale or marketing may be for at least 72 hours!!  

I really need to do this.  Thanks for all the encouragement I know I'll find here on the Forum.

yea, right
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,729
    Do delivery dates on trades count?  If not, then I'm on day one.
    stluxsid3windr
    edited July 2017
    Nope, any business transacted before today does not count. Going forward together... 
    Hmm... Which of us will fall off the castle horse first!?
    Are you two going to be using the honour system?
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanystlux
    I'm out!!!!!
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76sid3windr
    ^Lmbo!!!!
    Ugh... 20% off new Spider-Man sets at Target.  $5.00 off $50.00 purchase in email sent to remind me I have items in my cart plus 5% additional with redcard.  I! Can't! Get! Out! Coupon is good until the 12th so I could conceivably make it 4 days...help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope!   Use the force Onebrick, use the force!
    gmonkey76
    Day two!!  
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    Time to restart had to buy #76082 ATM Heist Battle today.

Onebricktoomany
  • MiniBricks1MiniBricks1 USMember Posts: 98
    I'm not sure the longest, never more than a year (since I was a young kid) but often several months. Lately however I've been buying inventory for my BL store and have made several purchases.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,254
    not sure, but I've been buying little for a few months due to lack of good discounts
    Day 3!!  Not sure I'm going to make it to day 4.  Prime day starts in just a couple of hours.  I'm sure Walmart, Target and a few others are going to try and swipe some sales from Amazon.  I'm weak, so weak...

"Letting go of rational thought, he surrendered himself to instinct, to the odd quirk within that made him one with the Brick."
    Serious question: does it count as buying Lego if I've used a gift card and/or VIP points?
    77ncaachampscatwrangler
    Restart the clock.  I could not resist the Destiny's Bounty.  (And I grabbed a Saturn V, just in case...)
    YodaliciousOnebricktoomany
    ^ I've reset the clock 5 times since prime day... sigh

Beer?

It's 7 o'clock in the morning!

Scotch?
    SumoLegoYodalicious
    edited August 2017
    flord said:
    Serious question: does it count as buying Lego if I've used a gift card and/or VIP points?

Did you buy the gift card?  I think if you bought the gift card intending to purchase LEGO, then that's a double-whammy.

However, I think if you walk out of a store with LEGO that you did not enter with - that's a purchase for the purpose of this clock.  Unless you stole it - and I would argue that would also restart the clock as well.  (I would argue that trading would NOT restart the clock, as you are just transferring or transmutating a previous purchase, and said purchase would have restarted the clock.)
    sid3windrOnebricktoomanyKingAlanI
    edited August 2017
    ^ I accept your explanation. For the record, I did not pay for the gift cards. I hadn't bought anything since the beginning of April until I used gift cards to complete CMF Series 17 last month. I also used VIP points last week to get the Winter Toy Shop on sale. 

So the clock has restarted once again. Ugh... Force Friday, and then Bricktober, and THEN all the crazy Black Friday/Christmas deals.
    gmonkey76snowhitieSumoLego
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,202
    I was doing excellent - weeks without anything Lego per se (although I did buy some storage things for Lego). 

...and then Argos 3-for-2 happened...

And then my friend coerced me into finding her N-Pop girl Ninjago CMF... and whilst doing that I found the sushi chef, Jay and training Nya... and then she just randomly picked a bag and found it herself!
    Onebricktoomany
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 984
    edited August 2017
    My wife bought some brick heads in June, other then that last September 2016 was the last lego  purchase.
    snowhitiecatwrangler
    Last September??!!  Wow... Impressive!
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 984
    Last September??!!  Wow... Impressive!
    ya, it was the friends Grand Hotel.  My daughter opened it, built the first floor, then stopped.  All back in the box now.  She has not been asking for anything, so we haven't been buying.   And my two boys are on to other things.  I still like looking at sets, but no need to purchase.
    Onebricktoomany
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,588
    Like, never. If I stop too long, then a bunch of good sets will have passed. So I try not too.
    Onebricktoomany
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,342
    I stopped trying to count, it never goes too far above 1 day :(
    FowlerBricksOnebricktoomany
    I don't like to think of myself as a failure.  My life is good. I have a great family!  But I have a secret...  I'm addicted to Lego, shhhhhh... I try to stop everyday and I am successful every now and then. But only for a few days.  I fear taking my kids down the rabbit hole with me.  The only saving grace is that ITS AN INCREDIBLE RABBIT HOLE,  ha aha ha ha ha ha ha...!!!!
    FowlerBricksCaptainLegosid3windr
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 383
    Varies for me. I've gone months before. Usually, it's when I've gotten most of the new sets I wanted and/or a dry spell on what to build. 
  • piratemania7piratemania7 New EnglandMember Posts: 2,033
    I'd say from January (post modular purchase) until May/June when some of the summer sets are released is usually my quiet time. The rest of the year it seems every other month there is a large something or another.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    xwingpilot said:

Well it's been over 6 months now!
    Is this the start of another dark ages?
    Disaster averted: http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/542925#Comment_542925
  • daewoodaewoo TexasMember Posts: 297

Well, I buy sets when something I want becomes available, so I easily go a month or two without buying any new sets.  Bulk from used Lego stores?  That's at least twice a month.

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I suspect I may be in a long period of no purchases after the $800 big purchase.  I feel kind of bad spending that much. Hopefully that feeling will wear off soon.
    nwr122
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    I'd say about 10 years.  From right out of college to not long ago. 
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Gift cards I count as spending just from a different source of funds.
    Never used VIP for a whole order; I treat it as a reduction in cost when used, just can't pat yourself on the back for both accumulating and using them
    BrickLink investment I do count as different from buying for myself but often an order or a particular item is some of both
    sid3windr
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 325
    I tried not buying anything Lego-related after my Christmas splurge, but I probably lasted one week.
    Have already made purchases at TRU, Amazon and BL.

How have you fared?
    About 35 years.
    Hopefully that feeling will wear off soon.
    Why would one want a feeling of 'enduring accomplishment and pride' to wear off?
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,615
    Before Monday it was nearly two and half months!
  • HanzoHanzo VAMember Posts: 607
    I really try to pump the breaks on buying....but then I get notifications about deals......what am I just supposed to ignore them?  
    FizyxBumblepants
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    edited November 2017
    SumoLego said:
    Hopefully that feeling will wear off soon.
    Why would one want a feeling of 'enduring accomplishment and pride' to wear off?

He wrote "I feel kind of bad spending that much." Unless you're making a joke about EA: BF2? :-)

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    I imagine a lot of people's counters will have reset to zero after last Friday... Mine did (although none of the purchases were for myself).
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,829
    Not long enough according to Mom, though she did seem to think Saturn V looked cool
    FowlerBricksMegtheCatMiniBricks1
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    It’s been 22 hours.
    FowlerBricksFizyx
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    Time to reset my clock; it is the 2nd of January and I just received the Bus Station...
    FowlerBricks
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 313
    Just did a couple Bricklink orders for parts in Old Light Grey which I wouldn't have needed to do had the old-style train windows not been available in that color.  It'll be worth it when my monorail is done so I can finally put up my table for my City.  
  • nmualumninmualumni Michigan, USAMember Posts: 46
    I haven’t purchased any LEGO since last year...
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey7677ncaachampspharmjodmak0137msandersYodaliciousMegtheCatcatwrangler
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,435
    I was getting tired of Lego because of all the Christmas sales.
    Swore I'd not buying any new sets in 2018 until I organized my Lego stash.

Oops.

Ordered from [email protected] on 1/1/18.
    FizyxSumoLegoBumblepantsMegtheCatOnebricktoomany
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 54
    Nothing ordered since yesterday. #42077 ...