Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Advent Calendar MOCs

legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
I've created a home-made Advent Calendar for my two girls (aged 6and10), partly inspired by last year's Brickset Advent Calendar competition. I'm quite chuffed with it, so thought I would share it. We're now up to day three. Day two is Mary in her kitchen.
Mary somewhat freaked out by the appearance of an angel in her kitchen.
I simply spray-painted a second-hand hand Lego Advent Calendar box, sprinkled on some 'starry' glitter, and added numbers to the doors with gold pen. It's been a fun project, especially seeing the enjoyment my girls and their friends get from it.

You're welcome to add your own custom Advent Calendar builds to this thread. Please keep it family friendly so our kids can enjoy seeing the community's unfolding creations too.
FowlerBricksMegtheCatSirBenricecakeLego_StarLostInTranslationFizyxomniumcatwrangler

Comments

• FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,642
    I've yet to even buy a Lego advent calendar, but I just made a mini-Phantom II that makes me want to create a custom Star Wars calendar. 
    legodad1
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    A couple of years ago I snuck a load of Harry Potter Figures into my wive’s LEGO Friends advent calendar. She loved it.

Tried to do something similar this year with her advent calendar that has cosmetics and pampering stuff on, only to find there is no additional room in the plastic trays. So those additional bits have become stocking fillers.
    legodad1FowlerBrickskiki180703catwrangler
  • legodad1legodad1 New ZealandMember Posts: 48
    Day 4: Mary's fiancee Joseph arrives, looking a little like Chris Hemsworth, complete with hammer (Joseph's hammer is a genuine carpenter's hammer however, unlike Mjolnir).
    I'd originally planned another build for today, rather than having two minifigs in a row, but my 5 yr old pointed out that that would give her sister all the minibuilds so far, and her all the minifigs (she was remarkably diplomatic, reasoned and gracious about it), so I sneakily swapped the contents of the two days when they weren't looking.
    Toc13omniumcatwrangler
    Days 5 & 6: A bit more kitchen with some flowers from Joseph, and one very large donkey!
    LittleLoricatwrangler
    Joseph and Mary head off toward Bethlehem, passing some Mediterranean scenery.
    omniumcatwrangler
    Day 8 & 9: Inn and innkeeper.
    LittleLoriomniumMiniBricks1catwrangler
    Day 10: A frame...
    omniumcatwrangler
    ...and Day 11: Walls. The stable begins to take shape.
    SirBrickalotOfLegosnowhitieomniumcatwrangler
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 413
    This is great! Can’t wait to see it progress.
    legodad1
    Days 12-15: A roof, hay bales, 2 shepherds (including a youngster) , two sheep and a lamb.
    LittleLoriomniumcatwrangler

snowhitieomniumSwitchfoot55catwrangler
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 805
    All the brickbuilt animals are fantastic, but I especially love the donkey!
    Day 16: Another angel with some instruments to celebrate the occasion. 
    LittleLoricatwrangler
    Days 17, 18 and 19: Star, wise man and camel.

MegtheCatsnowhitiecatwrangler
    Some bonus camels!
    MegtheCatsnowhitieLittleLoricatwrangler
  • eanaireanair IrelandMember Posts: 146
    Wowzers these camels are fab! @legodad1 Would you mind if I downloaded the picture of the 4 camels that you uploaded yesterday- I'd love to print it out for my daughters room!
    @eanair You're most welcome to download and print. Rainbow camel seems to be particularly popular!
    Days 20, 21 and 22: Two more wise men and gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
    snowhitieLittleLoriMegtheCatesfrolioscatwrangler
    Day 23: The manger

And the whole scene to date:

MegtheCatcatwrangler
    The final scene: Baby Jesus arrives, along with my two daughters who are bringing him gifts of a teddy bear and a drink bottle.

MegtheCatTheOriginalSimonBMooreFXLittleLoricatwrangler
  • icey117icey117 DenmarkMember Posts: 506
    Very well done! Best advent calendar since Pirates. I’d SO buy this one had it been produced. :-) Thank you for sharing.
    legodad1
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,814
    This is just amazing; I love it!
    legodad1